Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By experiment 626
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default do we hear the melody

Is the ice cream truck making the turn and coming down the street? if you read this story, it sounds like the truck is in the neighborhood.

Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: do we hear the melody

I call BS. 297MB is barely a Senseless ROM. No way, no how. The RUU for ICS was 600+MB. The only way this is possible would be for the OTA to really just be an upgrade from GB to ICS and we already know that so many system files have changed that it would be a miracle to get that 600MB package down to 300MB.

So, no I don't hear the truck coming. But I smell it and it's a truck full of manure. ;-)

Edit: This was in no way shape or form aimed at the OP, just the "information" from the article.
    Last edited by MrSmith317; 04-19-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

I never got icecream from the I-cream truck when I was little .....we were on da welllllfareeee.... so waiting doesn't bother me!

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie85 View Post
    I never got icecream from the I-cream truck when I was little .....we were on da welllllfareeee.... so waiting doesn't bother me!
    I think that was the funniest thing i ever heard from eddy Murphy!
    I got ice cream and you don't cause you on welfare.

PS. Never saw ice cream truck as a kid. Poor farm boy. We had one of those hand crank ice cream makers. We worked for our ice cream.

Still, the time line sounds right. I dare to dream.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

How does the time line sound right when the Rezound was supposed to get ICS in the first 3 months of 2012?

-Walt Disney

ROM
    CleanRom 4.5 Pro

Why would this guy lie? I just don't see the purpose of lying about it.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

It's not a point of lying or not. It's that there are so many rumored dates for every release of Android that every one is a potential pile of BS and with no official word and his release date being 2 weeks away, why would someone believe it?

-Walt Disney

ROM
    CleanRom 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    It's not a point of lying or not. It's that there are so many rumored dates for every release of Android that every one is a potential pile of BS and with no official word and his release date being 2 weeks away, why would someone believe it?
    Because it's better than clinging to nothing
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by mtbhk44 View Post
    Because it's better than clinging to nothing
    LOL. You see that the source works for Verizon "in some capacity"? He could be a janitor, he could be a FIOS installer, he could be the guy that shines the CEO's shoes. Get what I'm saying?

-Walt Disney

LOL. You see that the source works for Verizon "in some capacity"? He could be a janitor, he could be a FIOS installer, he could be the guy that shines the CEO's shoes. Get what I'm saying?

If he was a genuine Verizon Wireless employee, why would he risk his job to please a bunch of strangers on internet forums?

Of course, it would be more believable if he lost the Rezound with official ICS after getting drunk in a bar.
    (and someone sends that phone to someone at Android Central for inspection)

Quote Originally Posted by antirice View Post
    Is the ice cream truck making the turn and coming down the street? if you read this story, it sounds like the truck is in the neighborhood.

The question isn't whether the ice cream truck is driving down the street, but more like will it turn into the tiny rezound cul design sac this time around or will it drive right on by without stopping.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

Probably one of those Greeters at the corporate stores that put you on the waiting list when you walk in.
    Wanda likes this.

I think we have been burned enough with ICS rumors. It would be cool, if true, but, I am not putting much hope in this one.

This sounds very suspect. I'm glad he included 2 devices. Guess everyone waits to see what happens w/ the Xoom in a few days?

Not getting sucked into this crap again..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Definitely not a fios installer I work for Verizon Communications and trust me when I say we know nothing about what happens or any releases from the wireless side. But I did pose this question on Htc USA Facebook page, about why Sprint is going to release a phone with ics and the rezound is still waiting, and the reply I got was sprints preorder would start in May but ics for rezound would happen sooner than later. That actually had be thinking we would get it before the new sprint phone was released.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

The poster added screen shots. I used to work for VZW and can verify the screen they posted. Looking very likely unless something holds it up.