Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Default Dr. Dre sent me to the walk-in clinic.

So I was using my Beats headset at the gym and went to take off my ear buds. The friggin bud came off the speaker and got lodged in my ear canal. Had to have a doctor extract it. Kinda funny, thought I'd share. Use caution lol.

Default Re: Dr. Dre sent me to the walk-in clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    So I was using my Beats headset at the gym and went to take off my ear buds. The friggin bud came off the speaker and got lodged in my ear canal. Had to have a doctor extract it. Kinda funny, thought I'd share. Use caution lol.
    Hope they didn't rake you over the coals on the bill. I had one of those little ear fittings come off in my ear. My GF was able to fish it out with tweezers. I was to ashamed to post about til I read this. I feel your pain but I'm sure glad I wasn't billed for removal.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Moral of the story...don't jam earbuds in your head..I felt suction once when I was pulling an earbud out and I will never again do that. I still use earbuds but I only put them in far enough that the cut off outside noise.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

ROM
    CleanRom 4.5 Pro

The first time I used these things I thought to myself "I wonder if these could come off in my ear - nah, why would they release a product that would do that - they must have tested them"

#fail
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Quote Originally Posted by mtbhk44 View Post
    The first time I used these things I thought to myself "I wonder if these could come off in my ear - nah, why would they release a product that would do that - they must have tested them"

#fail
    Lol consider me a trial test. The product did not pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    I'm wondering if sweat in your ear created a seal around the earbud which in turn created suction while pulling the earbud out. What do you think? Is this a case of sweaty suction?

I stopped using my Beats headset (on my second pair) for exercise altogether because the included buds seem to be too loose or too tight for me. Now I just use a much more comfortable (and cheap) Sony headset that wraps around my ear. Reminds me why I've never spent more than $10-$15 on earphones.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Vito2000 View Post
    I'm wondering if sweat in your ear created a seal around the earbud which in turn created suction while pulling the earbud out. What do you think? Is this a case of sweaty suction?
    It's possible. I only use them when I work out. I tried different sizes but the other included buds are either too large or too small.

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

This thread is pretty epic. All the more reason for me to sell those damn things as soon as these come in: Amazon.com: Brainwavz Beta Noise Isolating Headphones with headset for iPhone/iPad/iPod & Smartphones: Electronics