1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Major issues today

My rezound won't stay powered on today... Every time 'wake it up' I get the HTC loading screen, beats logo, etc and have to wait for the phone to start up again.

Also, every night, I get a notice that my VZ backup has failed... I don't even know what the VZ backup is.

Is anyone else having these problems? The overnight thing isn't a big deal, but having the phone shut off at seemingly random times (and without warning) is pretty annoying. I've missed a few calls and texts today because I thought my phone was resting, but it had discreetly powered down.

Default Re: Major issues today

Quote Originally Posted by Mikepmcdaniel View Post
    My rezound won't stay powered on today... Every time 'wake it up' I get the HTC loading screen, beats logo, etc and have to wait for the phone to start up again.

Also, every night, I get a notice that my VZ backup has failed... I don't even know what the VZ backup is.

Is anyone else having these problems? The overnight thing isn't a big deal, but having the phone shut off at seemingly random times (and without warning) is pretty annoying. I've missed a few calls and texts today because I thought my phone was resting, but it had discreetly powered down.
    1. Sounds like a boot loop, is it constantly rebooting repetitively?

2. VZ backup is nothing to be concerned with. It just means your not using any Verizon services to backup your files. It's just bloat doing it's mission.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

1. No, not looping... It'll stay on for a little while, then just randomly turn off. I've pulled the battery out and restarted, etc, but it continues to happen.

2. Yeah,I know it's not a big deal, but I don't know why I just started getting the error messages. I've had the phone for months and only recently started getting a notification that the VZ backup failed. Furthermore, the status bar indicates that it's trying to finish the backup all morning. I can't make it stop unless I restart the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikepmcdaniel View Post
    1. No, not looping... It'll stay on for a little while, then just randomly turn off. I've pulled the battery out and restarted, etc, but it continues to happen.

2. Yeah,I know it's not a big deal, but I don't know why I just started getting the error messages. I've had the phone for months and only recently started getting a notification that the VZ backup failed. Furthermore, the status bar indicates that it's trying to finish the backup all morning. I can't make it stop unless I restart the phone.
    1. This has been common for alot of people. Your gonna have to do a factory reset from hboot menu. That's your only option really, if battery pulls didn't do it. You may wanna do another battery pull along w/a sim card removal for about 10mins. then reinsert both and reboot. If that fails, reset.

2. That notification was the trigger for me to root my Rez sooner than I'd planned. Annoyed the heck out of me. Never figured hoe to stop it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

1. That bites... Does factory reset erase pics? How do u reset from hboot menu?

2. Not into rooting or any of that... Hope the reset gets rid of the VZ notification. Thanks for info.

It won't do anything to the external sd card but it will clear the internal sd. Remember, to put any data you want from the internal card, onto the ext. card. Do your backups for contacts (and apps if you don't want to set all the individual settings again after before resetting. Here's the reset from hboot:

1. Press and hold down the power key (upper-right corner). 2. Select Power Off. 3. Remove then re-insert the battery. Refer to Inserting / removing the battery for assistance. 4. While holding down the volume down key, press the Power / End key. When the HBOOT screen appears, release the keys. 5. Press the volume down key to select Factory Reset then press the power key (upper-right corner). This boot process takes several moments, reference the progress bar located in the upper-right. If the device hangs or freezes, remove / replace the battery, refer to Inserting / removing the battery for assistance. 6. To setup the device, refer to Initial Activation & Setup.

P.S. Unfortunately, it won't make the notifications won't go away until you root or until ISC is released to your Rezound.