Does anyone have a tablet??

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I would if it was the unit or a general problem in that model.

I will to be getting a tablet in the near future and will post my experience here when I do. I am really looking at the Asus tf300 right now. Transformer prime performance with better WiFi and the only draw back is the slightly lower res screen for a hundred dollars cheaper :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

That TF300 was second on my list for the replacement.

As for being either the model or particular unit, I am not sure, but a reviewer on Amazon had nothing but freeze problems with the Acer. He returned his and bought a prime.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

As for being either the model or particular unit, I am not sure, but a reviewer on Amazon had nothing but freeze problems with the Acer. He returned his and bought a prime.

Recently Jerry (hildebrand) was pretty much raving(might be a strong word) about the TF300 on the Podcast. He said the same thing the other guy said... the only difference was the case was plastic the screen less resolution and the GPS worked

Reactions: skatergirl

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Have you taken a look at any of the Samsung tablets? I've read good things about them, and the new 7" sammy is priced right...$249 I believe. Bummer you had a bad experience. :'(

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you taken a look at any of the Samsung tablets? I've read good things about them, and the new 7" sammy is priced right...$249 I believe. Bummer you had a bad experience. :'(

I have looked at them and they were actually my first choice, but I could not find one with an SD card slot ... at least when I was looking. So, I am going to try out this Toshiba. It is supposed to arrive Monday. Wish me luck!

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have looked at them and they were actually my first choice, but I could not find one with an SD card slot ... at least when I was looking. So, I am going to try out this Toshiba. It is supposed to arrive Monday. Wish me luck!

Cool, good luck! For those of us contemplating a tablet, you've become our resident tablet tester!

sperrygeer

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If you didn't buy anything yet, i would wait for the Nexus Tablet or the Excite 7.7 if you like the smaller form factor. At 399, the Transformer 300 from Asus (it's available to play with at Best Buy) is the best tablet below 400 bux with ICS and a quadcore chip.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered the tf300 :D. Should be here middle if the week.

I considered the nexus tablet, but at this point it won't come out until july or laiter and they keep dumbing it down. It will be good, but I'm not waiting and probably being let down. Plus it's small

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Just replaced my a500 with the tf300 last week. Took a Walmart online ad into office depot and got the tf300 32gig for 379.99. Didn't have the keyboard so I took another online ad for 126.00 to bestbuy and got the keyboard dock.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Just replaced my a500 with the tf300 last week. Took a Walmart online ad into office depot and got the tf300 32gig for 379.99. Didn't have the keyboard so I took another online ad for 126.00 to bestbuy and got the keyboard dock.

How do you like it so far?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered the tf300 :D. Should be here middle if the week.

I considered the nexus tablet, but at this point it won't come out until july or laiter and they keep dumbing it down. It will be good, but I'm not waiting and probably being let down. Plus it's small

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Glad to see you ordred at tab. You ordered what my brother just bought. He likes his so far!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok ... so I should have my Excite today. I better like it because I got the administrators to create a new forum for those of us at Amazon who have been chatting about it.

If my calendar does not sync properly with this new tab, I will be back here begging the experts for more help.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok ... so I should have my Excite today. I better like it because I got the administrators to create a new forum for those of us at Amazon who have been chatting about it.

If my calendar does not sync properly with this new tab, I will be back here begging the experts for more help.

If your calendar doesn't sync again, I'd suggest finding the voodoo priest that laid the curse on you. Those things don't go away on their own.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I would if it was the unit or a general problem in that model.

I will to be getting a tablet in the near future and will post my experience here when I do. I am really looking at the Asus tf300 right now. Transformer prime performance with better WiFi and the only draw back is the slightly lower res screen for a hundred dollars cheaper :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

The tf300 has the same Res as the prime. The difference is the tf300 has an ips display and the prime has an ips+ display.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok ... I know I am off subject here and if I am doing a "my bad" please forgive me. However, again, this is the smartest group on the web, so here I am asking for opinions.

I have not been able to justify the purchase of a tablet. I have a desktop computer, a laptop and a smartphone ... however, that has not stopped me from wanting a tablet.

I just cannot go with the iPad, for two reasons. I am an Android/Windows girl and I want everything to work well together and two, I can't give into the Apple hype.

Sooooooo, I am looking at tablets and I definitely want ICE CREAM SANDWICH. I am following the advice of those who say, "if you want ICS, make sure you get something with ICS installed."

I am wondering about GBs. They go all they way from 8 to 64. Are more than 16 GBs really needed??

I am going to post a link for an Acer at Best Buy. I was surprised that Best Buy did not have a Samsung with ICS. Well, there is one model but it is only seven inches and 8 GB.

What all do you think??

Acer - Iconia Tab A510 Series Olympic Edition Tablet with 32GB Memory - Silver - A510-10S32U

I carry a galaxy tab with me when I need to browse the web for longer periods of time.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So, I received my Excite yesterday while I was at work. I have had a chance to get most of it set up, but I still have a few things to do yet. I want to wait until tomorrow to write the review.

I can tell you that so far so good. I do, however, still have a problem with my calendar syncing properly and I am sure now that the issue is on my end. That being said, the other problems I had with the Acer a510 I have not yet seen. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Up to now, I do like it and I plan on keeping it. I am in the process of draining my battery down all the way so that it reaches that low point at least once. Before the end of the week I will set Neflix on it to test the battery to get a clear estimation of exactly how long this battery will last. I don't think it will give me as much time as the a510.

Ok ... I will save the rest for my review tomorrow!