Does anyone have a tablet??

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm now I want a tablet too lol. Time to start doing all the research. The tab 300 or whatever looks awesome. The only thing is I'm a cheapo when it comes to stiff and I don't want to spend the money on one. All this talk about them may make the pull the trigger though :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

I am so happy I got my tablet. I could no longer stand seeing everyone around me with one and I had been thinking about it for quite some time.

I say Go For It!
:D

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Since this thread is still alive, I thought I'd let you all know I am testing this 15-hour battery. I am going to run Netflix until the battery dies. So far, after two and a half hours, my battery shows it still has 81 percent.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was really off on my battery test. I actually got nine and a half hours of streaming Netflix before I reached 1 percent of my battery. I had the display on automatic and I was in a brightly lit room.

I guess this is not too bad, considering I get about two and a half hours on my laptop. I plan to try a test where I am not really using the tablet but keeping the display lit. I'll keep you posted.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like amazing battery life to me. What stood out to me is that you mentioned you had it set to auto brightness in a BRIGHT room. I assume that means the display brightness was pretty high during your test..that in combination with continuous streaming is extremely impressive IMHO.

Also remember that battery life tends to get better after about a week or so.

Reactions: skatergirl

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like amazing battery life to me. What stood out to me is that you mentioned you had it set to auto brightness in a BRIGHT room. I assume that means the display brightness was pretty high during your test..that in combination with continuous streaming is extremely impressive IMHO.

Also remember that battery life tends to get better after about a week or so.

It was pretty well lit (natural daylight) in the room throughout the streaming so yes, I am impressed with the battery. However, I seem to be having other issues and hopefully I figured out the problem.

Last night I went into latitude and checked two labs, which one was the little arrows on the right corner to zoom, and my tab became a total freeze machine until I finally got got rid of both labs.

Right now the tab is stable, but wow ... I am not used to all this unstable activity. My computers don't behave this way and my wonderful Rezound doesn't behave this way. If things don't improve dramatically over the next several days, this tab will be exhanged for something else next weekend.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

It was pretty well lit (natural daylight) in the room throughout the streaming so yes, I am impressed with the battery. However, I seem to be having other issues and hopefully I figured out the problem.

Last night I went into latitude and checked two labs, which one was the little arrows on the right corner to zoom, and my tab became a total freeze machine until I finally got got rid of both labs.

Right now the tab is stable, but wow ... I am not used to all this unstable activity. My computers don't behave this way and my wonderful Rezound doesn't behave this way. If things don't improve dramatically over the next several days, this tab will be exhanged for something else next weekend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]

Haven't installed the Labs plugins on my tablet so not sure if it would have the same stability issues. However, do keep in mind that even though most of the popular apps scale well with tablets or even have specific tablet versions you do tend to run issues a tad more often than with phones. Tablet compatibility has not had as much time to mature yet.

Reactions: skatergirl

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Haven't installed the Labs plugins on my tablet so not sure if it would have the same stability issues. However, do keep in mind that even though most of the popular apps scale well with tablets or even have specific tablet versions you do tend to run issues a tad more often than with phones. Tablet compatibility has not had as much time to mature yet.

Thanks for reminding me of that! It helps me to remain patient.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for reminding me of that! It helps me to remain patient.

Let me know what program you are speaking about and I'll install it on my tablet and see if it works on my Tablet. I have ICS running on mine so it might not be the same experience but i'll gve it a shot

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm now I want a tablet too lol. Time to start doing all the research. The tab 300 or whatever looks awesome. The only thing is I'm a cheapo when it comes to stiff and I don't want to spend the money on one. All this talk about them may make the pull the trigger though :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

If you're OK with refurbished equipment, that's a good way to save on a "new" tablet. I bought a Galaxy Tab 10.1 a while back for $299 and it's been perfect.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Let me know what program you are speaking about and I'll install it on my tablet and see if it works on my Tablet. I have ICS running on mine so it might not be the same experience but i'll gve it a shot

Cool ...

My main issue is with the Google Calendar and that only events created a long time ago are syncing over to the tab. I get an error message that says, "unfortunately google sync has stopped working."

I also have to call tech support about a bluetooth keyboard that is giving the tab fits.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a tablet, but I doubt it's the kind you're thinking of.

Hang on, I need to find my hipster glasses....

ah, there they are!

ipad_vs_hp_tc_1100.jpg

Yes, I have a TC1100, with Windows 7 installed on it ;)

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hehehe I also have the little keyboard attachment for it, so it turns it into a netbook of sorts. Eventually I want to replace the mechanical HDD in it with a solid state disk for better performance overall. It's not really going to stick around, it's dated hardware honestly and there's not much else I can do with it's very unique form factor.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just to be honest, I think the iPad is a better tablet than anything any Android OEMS has produced.

It comes down to apps, and Android is still trying to get there.

I've owned the Xoom, and it had to go. But I too didn't want to give in to the hype around the iPad. I resisted simply because I thought if its Apple, it must be bad. But it's actually great.

Don't get me wrong though, Android is amazing. Love my Nexus. But I would hold out a bit longer on an Android tablet until Google launches one personally.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just to be honest, I think the iPad is a better tablet than anything any Android OEMS has produced.

It comes down to apps, and Android is still trying to get there.

I've owned the Xoom, and it had to go. But I too didn't want to give in to the hype around the iPad. I resisted simply because I thought if its Apple, it must be bad. But it's actually great.

Don't get me wrong though, Android is amazing. Love my Nexus. But I would hold out a bit longer on an Android tablet until Google launches one personally.

The iPad is probably more stable than a tablet, but I don't own any other Apple product and I want my apps to sync back and forth.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am done with this tablet and it is going back to Best Buy.

Nothing works on it and this morning was the last straw when the DirecTV app failed to work. That being said, why would I expect the DirecTV app to work when this tab can't even sync the Google calendar properly.

I pre-ordered a Toshiba Excite.

Oh ... and the Acer customer service is worse than inadequate.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
From an android lover, I have yet to find anything to beat the ipad yet.....I hate ios compared to android.....but that doesn't mean I hate ios.

I had a Dinc, now a Rezound, and I love em both. They are rooted, wireless tethered, the Dinc was rommed up, etc. I have a nook color that has CM7 on it and I LOVE it because I watch my hometown team with the MLB at bat with mlb.tv with it because android can spoof my location to get around blackout restrictions.

However, the amount of tablet apps suck on Android. IF i could get the same apps on an android tablet I could get on an ipad, I would choose android hands down. I will say I am a Mac user. Dumped windows 7 years ago and will never look back. Not so much a love of mac, but an absolute hatred of windows. There are many complaints I have about ios, and I have to adjust when using the ipad, but the same can be said on Android. BOTH do things well, and BOTH can be improved drastically. I hate the iFanboys out there, but having an android phone and an ipad gives me the best of both worlds. It does suck to have to double pay for certain apps, so I don't. But many apps now sync together like words w/friends and such.

I hate the closed ecosystem of apple, but that doesn't mean the ipad won't suit you....I enjoy it, but you will NEVER see an iphone in my hand. Android for life.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I would if it was the unit or a general problem in that model.

I will to be getting a tablet in the near future and will post my experience here when I do. I am really looking at the Asus tf300 right now. Transformer prime performance with better WiFi and the only draw back is the slightly lower res screen for a hundred dollars cheaper :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae