1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rezound settings question

Does anyone else have a setting for charm under settings? It is the same settings area on the HTC Rhyme for the notification charm. I had one Rezound that had this, but I returned it under warranty. On the second rezound, this setting wad not there. But a few days ago it just showed up. No software updates have been done to this phone. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Default Re: Rezound settings question

I don't have it, and have never seen it.
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.

Quote Originally Posted by TimV28 View Post
    Does anyone else have a setting for charm under settings? It is the same settings area on the HTC Rhyme for the notification charm. I had one Rezound that had this, but I returned it under warranty. On the second rezound, this setting wad not there. But a few days ago it just showed up. No software updates have been done to this phone. Is there a way to get rid of this?
    Yes, it has happened to a few others but no ones brought it up in here in agea. If you search it in the forum you'll see that there is an old thread about it from 2 months or so, back. Who did you buy your phone from, VZW or 3rd party?
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

If I remember right it first reared it's head around the first CleanROM and RezROM and was never heard from again...??
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I bought my phone from Verizon directly and the replacement came from wherever they ship warranty replacements from

I guess the charm notification sold w/ the HtC Rhyme works on the Rezound, as well. I guess what is less clear is the factor that triggers it on the Rezound when there is no charm in use. I've never seen it myself, out of curiousity, do you see this charm listing, in settings(taken from an earlier charm thread in this forum)

I have "Charm" in my settings. My phone is stock from Verizon. What is "Charm"?

Quote Originally Posted by realjet View Post
    I have "Charm" in my settings. My phone is stock from Verizon. What is "Charm"?
    Check out the HTC Rhyme on VZW. It's an attatchment/accessory that serves as a more noticeable, large notification light. Essentially, just a trinket aimed at the female demographic.

Nope. Don't have it on mine.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

That screenshot is exactly how mine looks. It was not there one day and now it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TimV28 View Post
    That screenshot is exactly how mine looks. It was not there one day and now it is.
    Do you remember what you were doing the first time or day you first saw it pop up on the status bar? I wonder if an app triggers it from dormancy?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I don't exactly know for sure. But I vaguely remember installing an app that made those stupid ads in the notification area show up and then I uninstalled it. I then looked at settings and then that is the first time I noticed the charm setting

I have the charm icon as well.I did a factory reset a while back and it was gone for a day or so but came back.I couldn't pinpoint what triggered it though.

Quote Originally Posted by chucknine View Post
    I have the charm icon as well.I did a factory reset a while back and it was gone for a day or so but came back.I couldn't pinpoint what triggered it though.
    Did you see it on the status bar or in settings before you did your reset?

I don't remember where I saw it (sorry), but I seem to recall reading that the Charm setting only shows up after the Charm dongle was plugged in for the first time (i.e. a stock, new, out-of-the box shouldn't have it and nothing should trigger it). When the Charm is removed/unplugged, the setting is supposed to go away (be unavailable). It seems quite possible that certain apps might trigger it - if it's been activated at some time in the past(such as on a refurb/replacement phone). I think the Rhyme and the Rezound are the only phones that it works with; and the Ryhme was the only phone that heavily advertised it as a feature.

I recently had to get a replacement for my HTC Rezound. On my first Rezound, I had a setting that allowed my phone screen to turn on any time it would move away from my face. I have looked through every setting on the new Rezound several times and can't find how to set this option. The screen goes black a few seconds after the call connects and I have to press the button the top of the phone to turn the screen on so I can access my touch pad and to hang up the call. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Jan

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by NrsJan4 View Post
    I recently had to get a replacement for my HTC Rezound. On my first Rezound, I had a setting that allowed my phone screen to turn on any time it would move away from my face. I have looked through every setting on the new Rezound several times and can't find how to set this option. The screen goes black a few seconds after the call connects and I have to press the button the top of the phone to turn the screen on so I can access my touch pad and to hang up the call. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Jan
    This isn't a setting, it is by design and a function of the Proximity Sensor just above the "checkmark" on the Verizon branding logo... if it isn't working, then most likely you got a replacement with a defective sensor. After going through standard proximity sensor issue troubleshooting (remove screen protector and case, clean screen, factory default, etc), you should contact VZW/Asurion for a different replacement unit.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Since the latest update, I have been having the same problem. It was working fine before the update and I have not changed cases or anything. It does seem to be a bug in the new update but not everyone sees it.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by crackedshel View Post
    Since the latest update, I have been having the same problem. It was working fine before the update and I have not changed cases or anything. It does seem to be a bug in the new update but not everyone sees it.
    Honestly, the update should be irrelevant, it was simply a minor update to some APKs (installed applications) and a fix for a 911 dialing issue, the update has been ripped apart by the devs over at XDA and that is all it was found to contain. I don't believe in coincidence, but I do believe in bad luck... If you are unrooted there isn't much can you do other than try a factory reset and if that fails get a replacement device.

I hate to be so blunt, but facts is facts... :/
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket