Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Joker35 View Post
    i am completely happy i have my Rez. i will admit the Nexus is nice, but i love my Rez better. we will have the ICS soon enough & it's a wrap. plus i like HTC phones better. i just wish verizon would market the Rez better. they even market the Razr more then the Nexus. sad big red just sad...
    The rezound didn't get the marketing from the get go. They are now just off loading stock getting ready for the next htc.

If it's not a Droid Verizon isn't going to pay big bucks to market it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Does anyone regret not getting a Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by kulk35 View Post
    The rezound didn't get the marketing from the get go. They are now just off loading stock getting ready for the next htc.
    Which is a shame to those poor souls who'll wander in to VZW for an upgrade and will be told the Dinc HD is now the cream of the HTC crop. It has some great specs and some very ho-hum ones, as well. It certainly doesn't leave the Rez in the dustbin on memory lane.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Keep the rezound. Drop a custom rom on that bad boy. You will be good. I have the gnex. I do love it. But if you are happy with what you have then keep it and root the lil guy
    Thanked by:
    axne1 

Quote Originally Posted by jiml View Post
    Other way around, I regret getting the Nexus first. Signal was crap, screen was inferior, camera is a joke in comparison. If my choice is ICS or a working phone, it's a simple choice.
    That was my experience as well. I do miss ICS a bit, but at the end of the day the device needs to execute its core function.

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burwil View Post
    Having owned the Nexus.......no. And here we are in April and we continue to see the Rezound v. Nexus comparisons. The horse has now been beaten into a fine pulp.

Sent from a hooka via a hash cloud.
    Stelv likes this.

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by jwp1223 View Post
    Haha, something about that cracks me up. Poor horse though.

Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    ....at the end of the day the device needs to execute its core function.
    I believe your misinformed, head over the GN forums. Do you see any threads complaining that it does not serve it's purpose well. If you'll notice not a single thread complaining about it's ineffectiveness as a portable paperweight. It executes it's core function quite well.

P.S. J/K, thiis post is my lurker lithmus test. I'm surprised they haven't descended on the thread yet.
    Thanked by:
    HES 
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

^rofl
    Except of course for the following:

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    In everyday real world use, it's just as good. I think that "a" wi-fi went out in 1956.LOL! Bionic is faster than Rezound, even with 1.2 processor.
    Maybe I'm missing something then...

Benchmarking the Motorola DROID BIONIC

My Rezound on the stock GB ROM was benching 5,500-6,000 in antutu. Now I'm over 7,000 (not 9,000 )

And the Bionic is a dual-core 1ghz, not 1.2ghz.

As for the wifi A capability, if your home router is Wifi N, you're operating on both the A and the B/G frequencies, so having the ability to access the 5ghz spectrum of the wifi A network is useful.

Nope I'm Loving my Kanged Nexus with Franco's kernel!!!
    No blue tint just :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I know we won't be left behind...

Real question/ real answer

sent from a Android device
    I'm always on!
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
    ^rofl
    Except of course for the following:

Maybe I'm missing something then...

Benchmarking the Motorola DROID BIONIC

My Rezound on the stock GB ROM was benching 5,500-6,000 in antutu. Now I'm over 7,000 (not 9,000 )

And the Bionic is a dual-core 1ghz, not 1.2ghz.

As for the wifi A capability, if your home router is Wifi N, you're operating on both the A and the B/G frequencies, so having the ability to access the 5ghz spectrum of the wifi A network is useful.
    I'm doing 6305 on stock GB. In real world use, one cannot tell the speed difference between the two, even though the Bionic has a 1ghz processor. The Rezound is a great phone, even though you can't read the screen outside, but don't trash it just because you have something else.
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

I'm not trashing, I'm posting what's documented. Sorry that it doesn't comply with what you're saying, but that's why you'd need supporting evidence for your claim that the Bionic is "as good or better than any other phone". Technically it was your postulation, so you should be the one providing evidence to prove it's merit. And I can see my phone outside just fine, even with a dark screen. Sure, brightness goes to 100% and the screen is power hungry, but that's the price I pay so to speak.

I'm still confused as to why various owners of other phones feel the need to come into the Rezound section and constantly try to tell us their phone is better.

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

I'm still confused as to why various owners of other phones feel the need to come into the Rezound section and constantly try to tell us their phone is better.
    This.

gotta love folks and their epeen syndrom.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm not trashing, I'm posting what's documented. Sorry that it doesn't comply with what you're saying, but that's why you'd need supporting evidence for your claim that the Bionic is "as good or better than any other phone". Technically it was your postulation, so you should be the one providing evidence to prove it's merit. And I can see my phone outside just fine, even with a dark screen. Sure, brightness goes to 100% and the screen is power hungry, but that's the price I pay so to speak.

I won't say better, but I will say just as good. Mine did 6305 on antutu, but does that make it better? No. My point is that in everyday use, the average user will not be able to see any difference in performance. I had a Rezound, so I am not speaking out of turn here. And I disagree on reading the screen in sunlight, as it is very difficult compared to Bionic.
    To each his own and have a blessed day.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.3

I wish I bought a nexus
    Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/Dandroid's 4.4.3 Google Play Edition (6/8/2014)
    Kindle Fire HD 7/Rooted/Stock ROM

We are all a part of the Android Family

I'm always on!
    Thanked by:
    metz65 

Quote Originally Posted by axne1 View Post
    We are all a part of the Android Family

I'm always on!
    Amen to that!

It gets stupid the way people argue over these phones. I don't expect everyone to like the same phone as me just like I don't expect them to drive the same car or wear the same clothes. Everyone likes different things based on their own likes and own needs. They ALL run on Android and Android Rocks!

Thanked by:
    axne1 

Global Posts
    2,630 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post
    Amen to that!

It gets stupid the way people argue over these phones. I don't expect everyone to like the same phone as me just like I don't expect them to drive the same car or wear the same clothes. Everyone likes different things based on their own likes and own needs. They ALL run on Android and Android Rocks!

Unfortunately, the above gets eclipsed by some who feel that since they like their particular phone it is the superior phone out there and all the others are inferior.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

There will always be high end Android phones.
    I just want one. Lol I wish I could own the whole collection!

I'm always on!
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I luv 'em all!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    Unfortunately, the above gets eclipsed by some who feel that since they like their particular phone it is the superior phone out there and all the others are inferior.
    Odd thing is that sounds like the exact reason why many buy a particular phone, over another doesn't it? It just gets murky when the fight is taken to the forums.

It helps them forget about the bugginess they experience between the maintenace OTAs. It's nearly a foreign issue in the Rezound forum b/c even the locked & stocked don't suffer from 2 smoking barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by kulk35 View Post
    actually in the beginning i did see a lot of rezound commercials on tv, with the kid walking with his beats headphones on and stuff blowing up around him in slow motion until his phone rang and he answered it.

but that was for about 3 weeks. then i didn't see them anymore and it was all Droid Razr.
    Thanked by:

That's how it will always be with Verizon. If it isn't a Droid it's not going to be heavily marketed.

Now they have redone their Droid does add campaign and are getting ready to push it again. Droid does, but when advertising if its not a Droid Verizon doesn't.

pauldroidr2d2 likes this.

You know I can count the number of times I've been to the gnex forum on one finger. And I need no fingers to count the number of posts I've left there. It's curious how many owners of other devices show up here. Could it be some kind of buyers remorse or device envy? Are they going to the Apple forums and being all defensive too?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast