Does anyone regret not getting a Nexus?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I admit I do. The Rezound has been good to me, but holy slow batman on the ICS update! I'm due for an upgrade and the Nexus is something I'm putting serious consideration into. Am I nuts giving up my Rezound for a Nexus? I like the idea of a vanilla ICS; the "pure" experience. I don't know. Maybe I just have $200 burning a hole in my pocket.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Having owned the Nexus.......no. And here we are in April and we continue to see the Rezound v. Nexus comparisons. The horse has now been beaten into a fine pulp.

Sent from a hooka via a hash cloud.

Reactions: jroc

jpoutre

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I was on the fence between both phones and when the Rezound went down $100 at the time, that's what got me on board. And I am happy, love the phone. Don't have ICS yet, so what? It will come but in a worst case if it didn't, so what (for me anyways). It does everything I want and does it well.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Only thing that I regretted about passing on the GNex came to light when I saw that. AOKP(Kang) was released for the phone. Could care less now b/c I was informed that. A few devs. are working on a release for our beloved Rez. So now it's a win-win situation. Viva la Rez-olution!!!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to see an ICS related pattern with you Murph. If it's that important to you. Take your ICS destiny in your own hands. Unlock, and drop a ROM on your phone.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
My Rezound cost me 50 bucks...so no. I dont regret it. Had the Nexus been 50...then we might have a discussion on our hands.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Not me...the Verizon nexus is a joke too. Not truly a nexus phone since updates are so slow...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Other way around, I regret getting the Nexus first. Signal was crap, screen was inferior, camera is a joke in comparison. If my choice is ICS or a working phone, it's a simple choice.

ac295

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I didn't like the Nexus.

Although, after messing around with the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket from ATT I'm jealous. In my opinion best phone out of all three....almost wished I stayed on ATT.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to see an ICS related pattern with you Murph. If it's that important to you. Take your ICS destiny in your own hands. Unlock, and drop a ROM on your phone.

You don't even need to unlock or root, the ics leak van be installed on a 100% stock phone.

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...aren't there 50 or so previous and pointless threads on this? To answer the question in a word...HELLNO!!! :rolleyes::D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Other way around, I regret getting the Nexus first. Signal was crap, screen was inferior, camera is a joke in comparison. If my choice is ICS or a working phone, it's a simple choice.

I agree. I can live with a slower phone on gb that does not have signal and battery drain. problems. I have ics on my touchpad. It is nice, but certainly not something that I would sacrifice a well working phone for.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I admit I do. The Rezound has been good to me, but holy slow batman on the ICS update! I'm due for an upgrade and the Nexus is something I'm putting serious consideration into. Am I nuts giving up my Rezound for a Nexus? I like the idea of a vanilla ICS; the "pure" experience. I don't know. Maybe I just have $200 burning a hole in my pocket.

Well, at least you'll have the 14 day return period to swap back to a Rezound. ;) Of course, there is the standard $30 upgrade fee now, and they charge you $35 restocking fee if you return it. :-$

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Had a nexus s. I won't.buy another Samsung device after that.

Don't get me started on the LACK of updates on cdma nexus devices either. The nexus s 4g got the ics update like 2 weeks ago. 6 months after announced.

Rezound, rooted, loving it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz