What/where is the "root" of the micro sd?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm downloading and preparing to install this leak:

http://androidcommunity.com/htc-rezound-android-4-0-ics-leaked-with-sense-3-6-get-it-now-20120316/

Part of the instruction is to install to the root of the sd card. What does that mean? Where can I find the "root?"

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The root is basically the first thing you see when you open up the card on your computer or a file explorer on your phone. In other words; do not put the file in a folder.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
if you use Astro, its /sdcard2

From your pc, it will likely show up as you a removable disk. The root directory is the lowest level directory of your removable SD card. You will see folders for .data, dcim, Download, etc.

teckels

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Another way of saying it is, drag the file to the sdcard folder, don't nest it in any of the other folders. Try to find some newbie guides even if it's for different phones, don't use those practices but read up. Sometimes stuff like that isn't clear by devs since they have been doing it for so long, to them it's common sense.

jmarrale

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The root of the sd card is where all the folder stay don't place the file in a folder ...so think of you house as the sd card and the bed rooms and bath room as folders just drop it in the door... i hope this helps

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Like said above. Root is just another word for the main/home directory of your sdcard. When you just put a file loose on your sdcard you are putting it into the root(main directory) of your sdcard.

Be careful with the leak though. You may want to wait til its official. There are problems with heat and battery drain with the leak, due to the kernel being throttled to max speed when screen is on. I have not installed the leak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes