Great phone, but...

thecabinboy

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I switched over from a Thunderbolt last February. None of the issues, problems or frustrations I was having since March 2011. No more long conversations with Level Two Customer Support. No more hard resets every two fricking weeks. NO MORE GETTING AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED FOR A PHONE LOST INSIDE OF VERIZON’S RECEIVING WAREHOUSE (FOUND AFTER I CALLED, KEEP THOSE TRACKING NUMBERS PEOPLE). No more battery life issues. No more searching for 4G and 3G data. No more grief from a certain IPhone cool-aid drinking human lemming. But I do have one issue with this Rezound, I can’t raise the volume of the ringer or notification to a useful level. Unless I am standing next to the phone in a moderately quiet room I can’t hear the thing. Now granted that I am deaf in one ear, but the other ear works! Oh, Handcent does not seem to work with this phone. I will not receive text notifications until I awake the phone, then the popup and notification sound fires off. But compared to the Thunderbolt, I am like a pig in the brown stuff.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I switched over from a Thunderbolt last February. None of the issues, problems or frustrations I was having since March 2011. No more long conversations with Level Two Customer Support. No more hard resets every two fricking weeks. NO MORE GETTING AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED FOR A PHONE LOST INSIDE OF VERIZON?S RECEIVING WAREHOUSE (FOUND AFTER I CALLED, KEEP THOSE TRACKING NUMBERS PEOPLE). No more battery life issues. No more searching for 4G and 3G data. No more grief from a certain IPhone cool-aid drinking human lemming. But I do have one issue with this Rezound, I can?t raise the volume of the ringer or notification to a useful level. Unless I am standing next to the phone in a moderately quiet room I can?t hear the thing. Now granted that I am deaf in one ear, but the other ear works! Oh, Handcent does not seem to work with this phone. I will not receive text notifications until I awake the phone, then the popup and notification sound fires off. But compared to the Thunderbolt, I am like a pig in the brown stuff.

Return it for another. I have the feeling that even with Volume+ you won't be able to get the speaker to work the way it should. My phone scares people when I forget to turn the ringer off...it's that loud...and yours should be as well.

On your handcent issue, a few people have reported that on GB. Try Go SMS it just works.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any sort of issues on what your discussing....everything works perfect the only thing that is annoying the hell out of me is the data warning garbage on the ICS leak..if you know how to get rid of that..I'd appreciate it thank you..

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any sort of issues on what your discussing....everything works perfect the only thing that is annoying the hell out of me is the data warning garbage on the ICS leak..if you know how to get rid of that..I'd appreciate it thank you..

I ran into this issue as well. Here's how you fix it.

Settings -> Usage This will pull up a graph with your data usage on it. On that graph there is a green horizontal line labeled "X.X GB Warning". You can drag that line upwards to increase the amount of data you can download before getting the warning, and you can set it as high as you want. I have it set high enough that I never see the warning.

Hope that helps!

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I switched over from a Thunderbolt last February. None of the issues, problems or frustrations I was having since March 2011. No more long conversations with Level Two Customer Support. No more hard resets every two fricking weeks. NO MORE GETTING AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED FOR A PHONE LOST INSIDE OF VERIZON?S RECEIVING WAREHOUSE (FOUND AFTER I CALLED, KEEP THOSE TRACKING NUMBERS PEOPLE). No more battery life issues. No more searching for 4G and 3G data. No more grief from a certain IPhone cool-aid drinking human lemming. But I do have one issue with this Rezound, I can?t raise the volume of the ringer or notification to a useful level. Unless I am standing next to the phone in a moderately quiet room I can?t hear the thing. Now granted that I am deaf in one ear, but the other ear works! Oh, Handcent does not seem to work with this phone. I will not receive text notifications until I awake the phone, then the popup and notification sound fires off. But compared to the Thunderbolt, I am like a pig in the brown stuff.

For the handcent issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, this usually fixed most issues. I had to do that once, and had no issues since. Used it on my D1 and then the Rezound. On the volume issue, not sure how to fix it, but Mr Smith is right, mine is very load when it goes off, try to return it and see what happens.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
In my time with it on GB, it was neck and neck w/ Handcent, fairly buggy and far from ideal. I still see alotta threads popping up dealing with GO SMS problems running GB. Haven't used either on ICS, though.

The stock SMS app on ICS is pretty cool with me. I mean, what more is it supposed to do? I type a text, it sends it....seems pretty easy...isn't that why they called it "simple message system?" I don't know if this is an ICS thing or just particular to the ICS roms I've been on but you don't need Handcent to get the screen to come on for incoming texts. There's a setting for that in the stock SMS already.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The stock SMS app on ICS is pretty cool with me. I mean, what more is it supposed to do? I type a text, it sends it....seems pretty easy...isn't that why they called it "simple message system?" I don't know if this is an ICS thing or just particular to the ICS roms I've been on but you don't need Handcent to get the screen to come on for incoming texts. There's a setting for that in the stock SMS already.

Only thing I don't like about the stock SMS app is that (because of Sense) in landscape you have to hit OK then hit send. That's entirely the reason I switched back to Go SMS.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Only thing I don't like about the stock SMS app is that (because of Sense) in landscape you have to hit OK then hit send. That's entirely the reason I switched back to Go SMS.

Well there you go then, I keep mine in portrait most of the time.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I thought I had commented on this post yesterday, but it looks like it did not show up.

I agree with Mr. Smith that you should return the phone. My first Rezound had an issue with the call volume. I was within the first 14 days, so Verizon sent me a brand new one. Don't wait if you are having an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca