Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By skatergirl
  • 1 Post By Lactose The Intolerant
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Lovin' My Phone

Question Pictures Gone!!

I took a picture today and when I went to look at it I noticed that every picture and video I have taken with this phone (besides two screenshots) were GONE from the gallery!

I have no idea how this happend. They are still in dropbox, but gone from the camera.

Has anyone experienced this? This is kind of upsetting!

Thanks!
    ~Janet~

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Default Re: Pictures Gone!!

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    I took a picture today and when I went to look at it I noticed that every picture and video I have taken with this phone (besides two screenshots) were GONE from the gallery!

I have no idea how this happend. They are still in dropbox, but gone from the camera.

Has anyone experienced this? This is kind of upsetting!

Thanks!
    Is your memory card still showing up on the phone? One guess would be it either failed or isn't secured properly.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CleanRom 4.5 Pro

I had this happen on my X once - I was hacking at it though and I should have known better to back it up. Sounds like your pics are in drop box, so at least most of your stuff is saved.

If you have things on it that you NEED and are not in drop box, don't do ANYTHING else - all of your information is still there unless the card is dead. When it happened to me, I used a card reader, plugged my SD card into it, and ran a program I found for wiped PC hard drives that was able to salvage most of my pics. Inevitably, some stuff was written over, but the majority of my information was there, just not accessible by the phone or the PC w/out help. If I knew the name of the program, I'd pass it along, but, er, I don't recall. It was while ago. Good luck.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtbhk44 View Post
    I had this happen on my X once - I was hacking at it though and I should have known better to back it up. Sounds like your pics are in drop box, so at least most of your stuff is saved.

If you have things on it that you NEED and are not in drop box, don't do ANYTHING else - all of your information is still there unless the card is dead. When it happened to me, I used a card reader, plugged my SD card into it, and ran a program I found for wiped PC hard drives that was able to salvage most of my pics. Inevitably, some stuff was written over, but the majority of my information was there, just not accessible by the phone or the PC w/out help. If I knew the name of the program, I'd pass it along, but, er, I don't recall. It was while ago. Good luck.
    Here's a free program that does such a thing:

Thanked by:

Sometimes the rezound moves folders from the root of the SD card into a folder ext SD. No idea why, but it does. You might find a folder inside this folder with your pictures in it. I found this out after I rooted and tried to restore with titanium. It had moved the titanium folder from the SD card to a folder in the SD card. Very weird.
    Devices:

Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4
    Thanked by:

I had angry birds space disappear, re-started the phone, and, it came back.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by 318sugarhill View Post
    Sometimes the rezound moves folders from the root of the SD card into a folder ext SD. No idea why, but it does. You might find a folder inside this folder with your pictures in it. I found this out after I rooted and tried to restore with titanium. It had moved the titanium folder from the SD card to a folder in the SD card. Very weird.
    Oh my gosh ... there they are, in the ext SD folder. Thank you SOOOOO much!

I don't know what I would do without this forum
    ~Janet~
    thedan862 and kgirl808 like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    I had angry birds space disappear, re-started the phone, and, it came back.
    I was going to restart the phone before I posted, but I didn't. I just now did a restart and they are back!

I guess the sliver lining in this deal is that I learned about the ext SD folder.
    ~Janet~

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

This happens to my Rezound when I connect it to my PC. The same thing would sometimes happen to my Droid Inc. If you reboot the phone or unmount and remount the SD card the pictures will come back.

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    I was going to restart the phone before I posted, but I didn't. I just now did a restart and they are back!

I guess the sliver lining in this deal is that I learned about the ext SD folder.
    ... and knowing is half the battle!

skatergirl likes this.

mine does this from time to time. simple restart and they are back. gets annoying sometimes.
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    NOOK Color rooted & Acer Iconia A100 for my tabs YEAH!! Retired: HTC Rezound & Incredible
    Thanked by:

Recuva (free) is great. I've used it to save people's precious memories from failed drives before.

Def bookmark that link for later use, folks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Lactose The Intolerant View Post
    ... and knowing is half the battle!

Yes ... and cute pic!
    ~Janet~

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

You can also use Google+ to back up your photos. I just have mine set to download whenever a new picture is added.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

I've had this happen a couple times. Usually you don't have to restart, simply unmount and mount the SD card, that works for me.
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.
    Thanked by:

I have found, that when connected to computer using "Disk Drive Mode" that any ringtone set on the "EXT_SD" is not available if the phone rings....I thought someone had changed my default ringtone when it rang with a system tone haha.

this happened to me a few times before a factory reset. a restart always found them again.