ICS update leaks on vzw doc!

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Droid Life is about as reliable as a Ferengi...a little Trek humor there. The Rezound is in dire need of ICS source. Hope this is true, but it's probably not.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Like I stated in the other thread, those screens are legit. May 9 sounds great, sooner would be better, but I can wait.

BigBoz

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
This the last time for me. If this doesn't hold true then my Rezound and I will be taking that trip to the dark side (rooting). I heard they have cookies on the dark side too.:D

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
This the last time for me. If this doesn't hold true then my Rezound and I will be taking that trip to the dark side (rooting). I heard they have cookies on the dark side too.:D

We do have cookies its true!!! And all the Ice Cream Sandwiches you can stand!

Can anyone speculate as to whether or not ICS will bring improved battery life to the Rezound?

Hard to say. What ever improvement there may be by using a ROM that was designed to support a dual core chip will probably be negated by 10-15 pieces of crap apps that Verizon will stick you with that keep opening in the background with no way to get rid of them....death by a thousand cuts.

Root and be free of their garbage!

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Worst case, unless it forces thru overnight, I'm gonna stall install anyway I can. So I can hear how bad or good it blows up the rezound. Just remember to back anything and everything up just in case we get bricked or forced resets.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
We do have cookies its true!!! And all the Ice Cream Sandwiches you can stand!

Hard to say. What ever improvement there may be by using a ROM that was designed to support a dual core chip will probably be negated by 10-15 pieces of crap apps that Verizon will stick you with that keep opening in the background with no way to get rid of them....death by a thousand cuts.

Root and be free of their garbage!

The leaked ics RUU allowed removal of any application including bloatware without root. Hopefully, the final released ics will allow the same.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The leaked ics RUU allowed removal of any application including bloatware without root. Hopefully, the final released ics will allow the same.

I'll be shocked if the OTA is released on the date suggested in the leak..expecting anything more from Big Red is seriously pushing it :D

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
App freezing is part of ICS. It's not really something that a non-geek is even gonna be able to find, so I'm not sure why they would not let you. If it was a long press on an app in the app drawer and select freeze, then I would be worried about it. But you have to get into the settings menu under apps, go to all apps, find your app, press it, then in that menu you can freeze it.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Rooted is nice. I have been rooting for a couple years now. There are some great roms for the Rezound... but ICS doesnt run great on the current firmware and the leaked firmware has a bad kernel. We need htc to release ICS source/kernel source so rom developers can make 100% working ICS rom with a stable kernel. Some ICS roms come close and can be ran as daily drivers but they all run slower than gb, or have throttle problems if on leak.

So all in all rooting can get you ICS roms but they will run a little slow or have some bugs until official ICS is released from htc for the Rezound.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Rooted is nice. I have been rooting for a couple years now. There are some great roms for the Rezound... but ICS doesnt run great on the current firmware and the leaked firmware has a bad kernel. We need htc to release ICS source/kernel source so rom developers can make 100% working ICS rom with a stable kernel. Some ICS roms come close and can be ran as daily drivers but they all run slower than gb, or have throttle problems if on leak.

So all in all rooting can get you ICS roms but they will run a little slow or have some bugs until official ICS is released from htc for the Rezound.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

I'm running CleanROM DE and before that Xtreme Outcast's Senseless ROM. Neither of them have any stability issues and both run faster than GB.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I clicked on OP's link.
I'd just like to say that 99.9% of "Verizon Confidential Spreadsheets" are lies. Seriously. Go back and check all of those spreadsheet leaks and see which ones came true.
Second, the source was Reddit. :mad:

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I clicked on OP's link.
I'd just like to say that 99.9% of "Verizon Confidential Spreadsheets" are lies. Seriously. Go back and check all of those spreadsheet leaks and see which ones came true.
Second, the source was Reddit. :mad:

It's the same as all of the others...rumors. Don't get mad. Start your own rumor...heh...let's start one now. Android 4.1 is going to be soak tested on the Rezound on 12/21. It will kick off the flipping of the magnetic poles. I can fake up a screenshot of my Verizon proof.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87