Shows That I Am in Ft Collins, but I live in Memphis

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I live in Memphis, but for some odd reason, it's giving me the weather and time of Ft Collins on my HTC Rezound, and I have turned off my phone, I have taken my battery out, I don't know what else to do...what are some tricks from keeping this thing from screwing up?

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you recently get your Rezound and perhaps have not fully activated the GPS functions on your phone? If you haven't, check all 3 gps locaters in your settings and perhaps even step outside and wait til it pulls up your exact location on e.g. google maps. Once it has done that refresh the weather widget and/or make sure it is not set to a preset location in the options of the widget. Once (and assuming) it works, I believe the only gps function that is required for it to know your relative location is the google services and not the gps and verizon location services-->at least that's all I have activated and it finds my location in the widget..I have the gps chip turned off for battery saving purposes unless I use it for navigation or need to know my exact location.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I live in Memphis, but for some odd reason, it's giving me the weather and time of Ft Collins on my HTC Rezound, and I have turned off my phone, I have taken my battery out, I don't know what else to do...what are some tricks from keeping this thing from screwing up?

First turn on your GPS. You can try deleting the weather/clock widget then re-add it. Then tap your weather animation from the widget and then hit menu (the menu button phsically on the phone) then settings. Second from the bottom is "Monitor my location " make sure it's checked off. If that doesn't work there really isn't much you can do. You might try Fancy Widgets (free app) and see if it still displays the wrong city. The Fancy Widgets looks very much like the stock clock and weather widget but its a lot more customizable.

I believe the only gps function that is required for it to know your relative location is the google services and not the gps and verizon location services-->at least that's all I have activated and it finds my location in the widget..I have the gps chip turned off for battery saving purposes unless I use it for navigation or need to know my exact location.

Google services will allow google to see where you are so when you type in "chinese food" or something in your search bar it won't be looking for places that are no where near you.

Not sure about Verizon's location agent...I'm guessing it has something to do with VZnavigator and just allowing Verizon to get a fix on you in general...I NEVER use that one.

Standalone GPS, well, pretty much what it says...a stand along GPS for the Google Maps and also gets used to fix your location periodically or when you log into FB (for some reason I have yet to determine). I keep mine on all the time. It doesn't drain your battery until you engage it in an app like Google Maps. Then, it drinks battery like a champ, but if its just turned on and not it use it just sits there waiting to be used and uses what I'd consider a negligable amount of power updating its location from time to time for a second or two through out the day. Also, by keeping it on I've found it takes a lot less time for it to get a fix on you when you do use it in the map function.

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I did just get my Rezound recently, but I had Verizon at the store set it all up....

2012-04-26_23-50-02%2520%25281%2529.jpg

Now how I set it up after your suggestions

2012-04-26_23-50-44.jpg

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Now the widget is correct, but the clock on my phone is wrong......okay so everytime I switch my Date & Time to automatically find the connection it thinks I am in Ft Collins....So I have to turn off Network Provided Values.....

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I definitely need to get out of Memphis....but I doubt I want to go to Colorado.....and you have my area code as your name...you originally from Memphis?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae