Facebook ...UGH!!!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so not only is the most recent Facebook update loading slow, but now it wont post new posts created from the phone OR the new tab. I just now had to go to the browser to post an important message on Facebook.:mad:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I would think that suggesting an alternative would be. No help that I can offer would fix how bad the official FB app is. It has been well documented from the minute they launched it that it is cruddy.

So yes, it was

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Go back to version 1.8.4. The apk is available to download on another thread in this forum. 1.8.4 works for me. The newer ones do not.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: skatergirl

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
no the native FB app has always had issues, it isnt just you. I forget where I stopped using it, so I cannot speak about the version mentioned, but the others always seem to have issues.

I use the friendstream widget, but if I actually want to go into FB, I use Friendster...

Blahzee#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
My fb newsfeed doesn't load it keeps saying connection lost? Is this what is happening with everyone. I can do everything else fine though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Glad I am not the only one having issues, I might try friendster....I use Tweetdeck as well, might just use it completely.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Up until the last two updates I never really had a problem with the native FB app. Yeah it wasn't the greatest, but it got the job done. Now I've noticed that if I change networks in lose all connectivity in the app. Sorry but rebooting your phone so one lousy app can have connectivity just doesn't sit well with me

jpoutre

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
My fb newsfeed doesn't load it keeps saying connection lost? Is this what is happening with everyone. I can do everything else fine though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I just started getting this the past 3 or 4 days. I thought it was a problem with my phone and maybe wifi not working or bad signal. I guess it's the app. Good to know at least.

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I pretty much uninstalled the update to the official FB, since I am not rooted yet, I can't get rid of it completely..and I put in Friendcaster...it's very very fast. I had Tweetdeck, but eh, it's okay not great. I will only use Tweetdeck for Twitter.

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
WORST APP IN HISTORY.

Apps with viruses are better than the FB app. I swear! I hate it! Gonna try Friendcaster or something else instead...

silvra7

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I haven't switched to friendcaster is because I've noticed that friendcaster doesn't show some (important) friends that the facebook app does. Probably related to some sort of privacy setting facebook but it's why I don't go to friendcaster or some alternative.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig