Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RC3435
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Acronyms

Is there a place on here that tells what all these acronyms are. I didn't grow up with computers and such so I don't know what all this stuff stands for. I went through the post about ICS release and came up with these. OTA, ICS, RUU, Rooting, S-Off, sense4, ROM and Kernal and I'm sure there are more. I grew up on a farm so I know what rooting and kernal are but I'm pretty sure your definition and mine are two different things for these two words, as far as the other words I'm as lost as a ball in tall weeds. If there is no place where this is all explained could someone please tell me what all these mean. If there is no place where this information is it might be a nice sticky note for people like me that used pencil and paper in school instead of computers. Thanks for the help.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Acronyms

Android Central has you covered!

http://www.androidcentral.com/dictionary
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sorry for the two posts, I didn't think the first one went through. This double post by itself should show you that your dealing with a guy that is not real good on computers and with technology so you have your hands full with me. Thanks.
    skatergirl likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the help
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by RC3435 View Post
    Sorry for the two posts, I didn't think the first one went through. This double post by itself should show you that your dealing with a guy that is not real good on computers and with technology so you have your hands full with me. Thanks.

Cute!! Everyone here is really helpful and someone on this Rezound board will get you out of any trouble you find yourself in. They have saved me a couple of times already!
    ~Janet~

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Android Central has you covered!

http://www.androidcentral.com/dictionary
    TFTH...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Blessings...Steve
    Rom 10.13