Does VZW know Rezound can be used on T-Mobile/AT&T GSM network?

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Does Verizon Wireless know that the Rezound can be used on T-Mobile and AT&T GSM network?

I just popped in a T-Mobile prepaid SIM card into my Rezound. Dialed *#*#4636#*#* and selected "GSM" network. 30 seconds later, I was able to make calls on T-Mobile's network.... unreal.

Are there other VZW phones that allows this? Or is it just the HTC phones?

Reactions: TBolt

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Does VZW know Rezound can be used on T-Mobile/AT&T GSM networ

I'm sure they do, HTC can't really sneak anything in there. It was confirmed a while ago it was a world phone over on another site.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

That is why it is hidden, they would hate to have people buy the phone and jump networks....It had to pass the FCC somewhere along the way, I am surprised it didnt come up then

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

The funny thing is, even VZW's official GSM-enabled phones are blocked from accepting AT&T and T-MOBILE USA SIM cards.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

If that's true then I doubt I'll be getting rid of this phone in two years. As it stands, it's perfect for what I ask of it.

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Well since I only have to have my verizpn line for a year this will make a nice back up for my primary AT&T line.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I heard of this before and if true I was wondering if I could take my phone w me to Europe this summer and simply pop in a European sim for international use? It appears as if all I would have to do is pop in one of their sims and e.g. use LTE switch to set it to GSM mode?

Have they come up with a solution to the SMS issue though?

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I heard of this before and if true I was wondering if I could take my phone w me to Europe this summer and simply pop in a European sim for international use? It appears as if all I would have to do is pop in one of their sims and e.g. use LTE switch to set it to GSM mode?

Have they come up with a solution to the SMS issue though?

I went to London and Paris last month, and I would have liked it if the issue were settled then but it wasn't :(

I can't say I really care for having the ability to contact emergency services removed from me, but it was only 1 week so I dealt.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
There's a rumor that the DROID 4 would get an update that officially makes the GSM side available.

tsesh

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

Does this work with AT&T prepaid sim cards? I went into an AT&T store and they tried their sim card in my rezound and it didn't recognize it. Any ideas?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Unlocking is not necessary??

Correct. Neither the bootloader nor the phone need to be unlocked. The Rezound was a global phone on GB, and is having the options officially added shortly(if XDA is right)

lonndoggie

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

Hrm...I wonder if this new OTA, that officially adds GSM support, will also make it so that you can't use the phone on US GSM carriers, only foreign ones. This would be very Verizon-ish.

cccclo

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to call T-Mobile tomorrow and ask them. I've just had my Rezound for 7 months and I have too long to go on my contract...what a waste of money.

I hope it's not true that Verizon has other sp blocked...Eeek!!

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair