Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56
Like Tree21Likes
  1. #26  
    jdk2's Avatar

    Posts
    291 Posts
    Global Posts
    863 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    ...douchebaggery...
    Epic!
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Going to let this thread go for a while. Lets keep ourselves in check and have some good discussion, maybe even throw in some Android/HTC Rezound discussion.

    Enjoy.
    BTW, just to clarify on my comment in #18. I would hope you didn't think it was directed at any of the AC moderators. It was referring to the lack of moderative activity in XDA these days. They could really use some pointers on running a tidy ship from the mods over here.
  3. #28  
    twolastnames's Avatar

    Posts
    732 Posts
    ROM
    To embarrassed to say

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Going to let this thread go for a while. Lets keep ourselves in check and have some good discussion, maybe even throw in some Android/HTC Rezound discussion.

    Enjoy.
    Before reading this, I really wanted to just flame the **** out of another poster.... actually wrote out my rant about how what I really thought a few times, but alas, I did not post them. Now I'm reading this thread, and kind of glad I kept my pee out of his cheerios.

    As for discussing the rezound, I actually have injured my right hand from holding my stupid phone with my pinky on the bottom and stretching for the power button with my index finger. Can I sue, or does anybody want to donate to my pain and suffering?
    SPOOOOON
  4. #29  

    Default

    One nice thing about Tapatalk is the ability to drop a shortcut straight to this Rez forum. I come straight here each time.

    Glad I'm missing the drama in the GNEX district.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > Moto X 2013 & 2014
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2
  5. #30  
    Johnly's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,731 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Stuck my head in this forum...OMG.....Getting TFO....
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Cain't we all just get along?
    The only thing future proof in electronics is the electricity itself.

    dmmarck "I love wiping myself!"
  7. #32  
    trivor's Avatar

    Posts
    350 Posts
    Global Posts
    490 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Actually, it's human nature (try forums for other areas of expertise - I'm a pilot and you should see some of the stuff on various pilot forums). In general, it's nice to be on a forum that gives good answers to questions (noob or expert), doesn't have much flaming, and gives reasonable opinions on things relating to your OS (apps, hardware, etc). Mostly pretty good here - the tone is set by owners - Phil, Jerry, Alex, etc.
    Johnly likes this.
  8. #33  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    I actually think that some of it is quite funny. You have just about the same phone (only real diff is the radios) and there are WARs being fought over which is better.

    I just don't get it. But then again there are a lot of those things out there I just don't get...

    If there were a "companion" to the Rezound, I would think it is a good thing. A lot of the advances made with the Fascinate were made with the Captivate first, then moved over....
  9. #34  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I actually think that some of it is quite funny. You have just about the same phone (only real diff is the radios) and there are WARs being fought over which is better.

    I just don't get it. But then again there are a lot of those things out there I just don't get...

    If there were a "companion" to the Rezound, I would think it is a good thing. A lot of the advances made with the Fascinate were made with the Captivate first, then moved over....
    The Sensation XE is the overseas cousin to the Rezound.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  10. #35  
    jimbl's Avatar

    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Off topic...I think: Was the Rezound codenamed Vigor? I wish it retained that name. Although I do like Rezound better than Sensation.
    "There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"
  11. #36  
    Dovahkiin's Avatar
    One Man Wolfpack

    Posts
    1,002 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Quote Originally Posted by jiml View Post
    Off topic...I think: Was the Rezound codenamed Vigor? I wish it retained that name. Although I do like Rezound better than Sensation.
    Correct. I'm assuming they chose "ReZound" because it was easier to market with the earbuds and Beats partnership and whatnot. I liked Vigor much more.
    Wilhem_Scream likes this.
  12. #37  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    Correct. I'm assuming they chose "ReZound" because it was easier to market with the earbuds and Beats partnership and whatnot. I liked Vigor much more.
    I think some marketing "genius" smashed resolution and sound together and made it hip by swapping the "s" with a "z". I do agree that Vigor would've been a better name but the codenames never stand. I guess the follow up to the Vigor would be the Viagra?
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  
    major payne's Avatar

    Posts
    869 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,842 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    So would the repair app after you bricked the phone be Cializ?
    Thanked by:
  14. #39  
    jimbl's Avatar

    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    So would the repair app after you bricked the phone be Cializ?
    Haha. And if it continues to be a brick for more than 4 hours, call support!
    "There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    This thread just got awesome. Good work everybody!
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Lets keep the comments on a more "appropriate" level everyone. Don't need to turn this into the wrong type of thread
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  
    major payne's Avatar

    Posts
    869 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,842 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Sorry Paul, I'll be a good forum boy!
    Paul627g likes this.
  18. #43  
    Dovahkiin's Avatar
    One Man Wolfpack

    Posts
    1,002 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Lets keep the comments on a more "appropriate" level everyone. Don't need to turn this into the wrong type of thread
    C'mon Paul. My comment was pretty tame. PG-13 at worst. It's stuff you'd hear on the Discovery channel.
    Thanked by 2:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  
    major payne's Avatar

    Posts
    869 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,842 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    you and me baby ain't nothing but Mammals so let do it like they do on the discovery channel... hehehe I mean it does make sense (heheh) since the Rezound is a media phone
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    C'mon Paul. My comment was pretty tame. PG-13 at worst. It's stuff you'd hear on the Discovery channel.
    If I let that slide by too often, then the next person comes along and tries to push the envelope a little further.. etc. etc...

    Enjoy the thread guys!
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

    I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  21. #46  
    Dovahkiin's Avatar
    One Man Wolfpack

    Posts
    1,002 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    If I let that slide by too often, then the next person comes along and tries to push the envelope a little further.. etc. etc...

    Enjoy the thread guys!
    I feel like I got Minority Report moderated for some kind of future infraction. I shall take my lashings and carry on, however.
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    I feel like I got Minority Report moderated for some kind of future infraction. I shall take my lashings and carry on, however.
    No, you weren't in the wrong at all. This isn't the Disney forums. The joke was as tame as it gets.

    If someone happens to be on one of those blue pill drugs, I suppose he's just overly sensitive to the humor. Just my 2 cents.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > Moto X 2013 & 2014
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2
    Dovahkiin likes this.
  23. #48  
    dplane's Avatar

    Posts
    383 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    No, you weren't in the wrong at all. This isn't the Disney forums. The joke was as tame as it gets.

    If someone happens to be on one of those blue pill drugs, I suppose he's just overly sensitive to the humor. Just my 2 cents.
  24. #49  
    Dovahkiin's Avatar
    One Man Wolfpack

    Posts
    1,002 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    No, you weren't in the wrong at all. This isn't the Disney forums. The joke was as tame as it gets.

    If someone happens to be on one of those blue pill drugs, I suppose he's just overly sensitive to the humor. Just my 2 cents.
    I lol'd at Disney forums. Thanks for the support.

    Quote Originally Posted by dplane View Post
    I...don't get it. I feel out of the loop. Fill me in please.
  25. #50  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Stuck my head in other Forums... OMG

    Back on topic a bit, I am reading through the comments on the SGSIII posts from yesterday and have reached a sad conclusion.

    Gnex owners seem to be turning themselves into a cult 'ala the iPhone'.

    if you say your VZW gnex is better than the GSM one, that's a beatin but if you say your SGSIII is better than a Gnex, that is a stabbin', then a hanginng, then drawn and quartered....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions