1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LTE widget

Okay I received my rezound yesterday and am loving it. I am looking for a LTE on off widget so I don't have to go through the menus. I plan on using LTE only when I need the faster data like for streaming YouTube.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: LTE widget

LTE Switch is the one most people use as far as I know.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

Granted it's convenient but not necessary. I find that it helps me navigate menus and get familiar where everything is.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Switch it is what I use. For some reason I don't see LTE switch on the market anymore. You won't be getting a toggle widget like wifi or bluetooth. It is just a faster way to open a setting. You want to toggle between CDMA LTE when you want 4g, and CDMA auto when you don't. DO NOT use WCDMA or you may start to get a bootlooping issue. If this ever happens, pull the battery & SIM card, boot up with the battery cover off, and then go back in with Switch It and select one of the two options again.

My Rezound has a tendency to randomly put itself in WCDMA mode after changing from the standard to extended battery.
    Devices:

Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by 318sugarhill View Post
    Switch it is what I use. For some reason I don't see LTE switch on the market anymore. You won't be getting a toggle widget like wifi or bluetooth.
    WiFi isn't even a toggle anymore. At least not on my Rezound.
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.

Quote Originally Posted by jiml View Post
    WiFi isn't even a toggle anymore. At least not on my Rezound.
    Not the HTC sense Wifi widget, but you can download one from the market. That's what I did. There are about 3 that I like. Just search wifi toggle widget.
    Devices:

Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by 318sugarhill View Post
    Not the HTC sense Wifi widget, but you can download one from the market. That's what I did. There are about 3 that I like. Just search wifi toggle widget.
    Cool. Thanks.
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.

I like 4g Toggle. Even though it obviously can't work as a toggle. I like it because unlike others I tried, you only see the two options you want in the drop down (CDMA LTE, CDMA Only.)

Also, I think HTC screwed up their WiFi toggle in this version of Sense because the description for the widget says "Toggle WiFi on/off". Also I asked One S owners how their widget worked and they confirmed it Toggles in Sense 4.