1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disney Mobile Magic app

Why is this app not available for the Rezound? Does it have to do with the screen resolution? I have it backed up with titanium and I installed on the rezound, but none of the park maps show up. I uninstalled and tried to load from the market thinking maybe something was wrong with my backup from my Dinc, and thats when I found out it isn't available for the Rezound.

We are taking a trip to Disneyland in June and I really got good use out of it in WDW. There are plenty of comparable apps for WDW in the market NOT made by Disney, but there is little for Disneyland. THIS is what I hate about Android.
    Devices:

Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,009 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Default Re: Disney Mobile Magic app

not available on my nexus either.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 318sugarhill View Post
    Why is this app not available for the Rezound? Does it have to do with the screen resolution? I have it backed up with titanium and I installed on the rezound, but none of the park maps show up. I uninstalled and tried to load from the market thinking maybe something was wrong with my backup from my Dinc, and thats when I found out it isn't available for the Rezound.

We are taking a trip to Disneyland in June and I really got good use out of it in WDW. There are plenty of comparable apps for WDW in the market NOT made by Disney, but there is little for Disneyland. THIS is what I hate about Android.
    It's not the OS at fault. This is the price we pay for early adoption. An app can screw up and not work just due to the fact that we have a different screen resolution than the standard resolution the app was intended for. Some apps do work, even if it says otherwise in the market (Google Play, yuck.)
    Grab the .apk from the internet and try installing it via Astro or ES File Explorer. If you're lucky, it might just stretch to fit the screen, or have black bars around it to accomodate the change in resolution. Good luck.

the official app for nj hiking has not been available for the rezound and that is pissing me off.

You can download the disney app from the Verizon app store (it is called "apps"), I tried it and it seems to work. The fonts are really small however, that is probably why it is not generally available on this phone. They will have to redesign the app to work with newer screens. Be sure to complain to them, it is the only way they will know the app has a deficiency.
    Last edited by mikeytg1024; 05-03-2012 at 05:48 AM.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by mikeytg1024 View Post
    You can download the disney app from the Verizon app store (it is called "apps"), I tried it and it seems to work. The fonts are really small however, that is probably why it is not generally available on this phone. They will have to redesign the app to work with newer screens. Be sure to complain to them, it is the only way they will know the app has a deficiency.
    Thanks man. I'll have to try that. I am rooted and I restored the app with titanium but none of the park maps show up. I'll try this route. Loading the apk won't make a difference since it it's the same as using titanium.

And to clarify....I don't hate Android....just this aspect of it. I know ios is fragmented as well (even if they claim its not) as some apps do not work with older devices. I'm annoyed that NEWER devices won't work. It's not like it's ICS yet. This is still gingerbread, and it's been 6 months. Damn Disney
    Devices:

Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound

I have it on my Rezound now and am leaving Saturday for Disney. I will write back on Monday to let you know if the maps work when I am there.
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    NOOK Color rooted & Acer Iconia A100 for my tabs YEAH!! Retired: HTC Rezound & Incredible
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Joker35 View Post
    I have it on my Rezound now and am leaving Saturday for Disney. I will write back on Monday to let you know if the maps work when I am there.
    Which Disney are you going to? California or Flordia? I have used mobile magic on my Incredible before. I liked it, but before it was available, I used the paid app from Upinpoint. I also tried the undercover tourist wait times app as well. These were all for WDW in Florida. I will tell you the wait times were more accurate from the Disney app vs the others, but as for a map, the paid Upinpoint one was no different than the Disney one.

Since we are going to Disneyland in California, I was hoping to just use the Disney app, rather than pay the buck for the upinpoint app for Disneyland, since I will probably never use it again. Oh well, it's only a $1. Well, actually $2 because my wife is going to want it on her rezound as well.
    Devices:

Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound