call management question

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have done a search on the topic I am raising and have found some good information. I still need to ask my question though.

A friend who has an iphone could not believe my problem as he tells me his phone will handle what bothers me.

When on an existing call, someone calls and I wish to answer his call and merge him into the conversation. But no merge option exists if I answer him. What I have been doing is wait for the second caller to cease ringing me. I then call him and of course am able to now have a merge call option and add him to the first call.

Is my inability to merge this second incoming caller to an already existing call, operator error on my part or is it inherent to android or is it VZW or is it any different between an HTC phone vs. a Samsung phone, etc.

Any input on this is extremely appreciated as I thought this would be taken care of when I moved from my old Eris to Rezound.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I have done a search on the topic I am raising and have found some good information. I still need to ask my question though.

A friend who has an iphone could not believe my problem as he tells me his phone will handle what bothers me.

When on an existing call, someone calls and I wish to answer his call and merge him into the conversation. But no merge option exists if I answer him. What I have been doing is wait for the second caller to cease ringing me. I then call him and of course am able to now have a merge call option and add him to the first call.

Is my inability to merge this second incoming caller to an already existing call, operator error on my part or is it inherent to android or is it VZW or is it any different between an HTC phone vs. a Samsung phone, etc.

Any input on this is extremely appreciated as I thought this would be taken care of when I moved from my old Eris to Rezound.

I don't remember ever being able to do this on VZW. I'm assuming your friend is on AT&T.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember ever being able to do this on VZW. I'm assuming your friend is on AT&T.

OP is lying. He doesn't have any friends.
Just kidding. I never noticed this feature, never heard of it, and never looked for it. I'm guessing this feature belongs to one carrier in particular.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I posted a link to the Rezound page on HTC support to answer a similar inquiry in an old thread. They don't have any how to's on how to merge an inbound call with a pre-existing line on hold. They only discuss the outbound ability to merge for a conf. call. So it doesn't look like we can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12