Clearest screen protector?

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for beating a dead horse if I am but I have been unable to find a solid response to this:

While my D2 went naked I put a VZW clear screen protector on my Rez to protect that beautiful screen. However, even though it is the clear kind is still tends to wash out the contrast of the screen quite a bit. This is particularly obvious in blacks which look more greyish "thanks" to the VZW protector. Just looking at the difference between the black bezel around the screen that is covered vs not covered by the protector makes it very obvious that this is not a true clear product.

Can anyone who owned the VZW clear protector or seen it compare to any other products? Of course I want it to protect the screen but I hate the fact that this one takes away from the clarity and beautiful "pop" that the screen has while naked.

Any recommendations?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for beating a dead horse if I am but I have been unable to find a solid response to this:

While my D2 went naked I put a VZW clear screen protector on my Rez to protect that beautiful screen. However, even though it is the clear kind is still tends to wash out the contrast of the screen quite a bit. This is particularly obvious in blacks which look more greyish "thanks" to the VZW protector. Just looking at the difference between the black bezel around the screen that is covered vs not covered by the protector makes it very obvious that this is not a true clear product.

Can anyone who owned the VZW clear protector or seen it compare to any other products? Of course I want it to protect the screen but I hate the fact that this one takes away from the clarity and beautiful "pop" that the screen has while naked.

Any recommendations?

VZW screen protectors aren't exactly the cream of the crop.
I stand by the one included with Otterbox cases. Aside from finger smudges, you can't even tell I have a screen protector on it, and the texture is very smooth. If you're not interested in buying a case, the next best ones are Zagg/InvisiShield. Those perform their job well, although they might be slightly more noticeable around the edges.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I like my Zagg/InvisiShield on my Rezound. I had one on my old iPhone and the screen still looks new. Also Zagg/InvisiShield come with lifetime replacement.

I did have the VZW screen protector originally on my phone, but it got pretty messed up. Replaced it with the Zagg/InvisiShield and I am much happier.

reggiep

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Go to Seidio Corporate. They have the best clear screen protectors around. I have the nexus version and it actually makes my screen look BETTER!!! I had the ZAGG one on my E3D and it was so terrible that I took it off and went without .

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use Boxwave screen protectors. They have a crystal clear and anti-glare version. I agree with reggiep on Zagg, tried one on my pre and took it off instantly.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Zagg either after trying their protectors before. I didn't like the texture of it..it seemed to made the screen sticky and I wasn't a fan of the infamous orange peel effect.

I did however look up Seidio and Boxwave and both seem to have good reviews cept for being hard to put on because they are so thin or cut exactly to the fit of the phone (unlike the VZW one). Another one that seems to get good review is the Realook ones..with some folks going as far as to compare em to the Steinheil ones.

The level of protection with all these things seems to be kind of a wash so I wish there was some type of direct comparison with regards to the pure clarity of them all.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Halo is very cheap and has stayed clear for me. I've had bad experiences with Boxwave customer service so I keep away from them.

Sent from my hooka via a hash cloud.

Reactions: dplane

cvette93

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I've always used Xtreme Gaurd. You can find it on ebay. Heres the link. It works great for me. Just as a disclaimer. If you follow the instructions correctly, your phone screen will look like crap for a day while the screen protector settles. After it settles it looks great.

Last edited:

techx4

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I also have an otterbox protector on my rezound and it looks great to me. Very clear and crisp, great colors. I've fooled people into thinking there was no protector on there also. My trick was that I used a powerful 10-LED flashlight and shined it at almost a 0 degree angle/parallel to the display so it was able to show every single spec of dust. I wiped and blew away the dust until I got the perfect opportunity with the least amount of dust then stuck it on. So there are virtually no bubbles or dust..

MacDiver

May 12, 2012
Visit site
My rezound is on ordrer so I don't even have it yet. I did a lot of research and got the Otterbox Commuter on Amazon but on the review of it somone recommened to get a Skinomi brand instead of using the Otterbox wet protector. I got the dry application one for about 15.00. It has a lifetime warranty. Check it out. I'll post about it when mine arrives.

:)

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
On my rezound, I've had the Verizon screen protector, and the one by realook. By far the clearest of the two is the realook. It's also very smooth and I forget I have a screen protector on it. This is the brand I'll be looking to for any furture screen protection needs. I did also buy the Halo screens. I didn't like the cutouts on this protector so I never put them on. Can't comment on the quality, but the cutouts put me off enough to look elsewhere.

If anyone wants the Halo screen protectors (3 of them) I bought, just send me a message with your mailing address. I'll mail them out for free. Hate to see them go to waste and I'd just throw them away. First one interested gets 'em.

Reactions: babytazz18

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I used some called great shield and ordered them from amazon. I got one for my tablet first and was very happy with how clear it was and didn't ruin the screen or colors. I had one on from verizon that took away from the screen so I switched to this new one. There like $10 for 3 of them.

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
On my rezound, I've had the Verizon screen protector, and the one by realook. By far the clearest of the two is the realook. It's also very smooth and I forget I have a screen protector on it. This is the brand I'll be looking to for any furture screen protection needs. I did also buy the Halo screens. I didn't like the cutouts on this protector so I never put them on. Can't comment on the quality, but the cutouts put me off enough to look elsewhere.

If anyone wants the Halo screen protectors (3 of them) I bought, just send me a message with your mailing address. I'll mail them out for free. Hate to see them go to waste and I'd just throw them away. First one interested gets 'em.

I just ordered a 2 pack from real look on monday and it should be here in a few days. I love the way it looks without a protector but I have to put one on considering it got scratched the other day. :'( But the scratch is barely visible. So i'm hoping this is very clear and doesnt change the look of the screen.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for all the input folks; Rezound owners rock!
I also ended up ordering the Realook protectors today after seeing a wealth of positive reviews. My only concern is that it doesn't appear to have cutouts for the ambient sensor and front camera but if it is as clear as folks make it out to be I hope that won't be an issue. Will report back once I get em in and hopefully applied to my phone without losing my patience.

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for all the input folks; Rezound owners rock!
I also ended up ordering the Realook protectors today after seeing a wealth of positive reviews. My only concern is that it doesn't appear to have cutouts for the ambient sensor and front camera but if it is as clear as folks make it out to be I hope that won't be an issue. Will report back once I get em in and hopefully applied to my phone without losing my patience.

I just got mine in the mail yesterday. it can be a slight hassle applying them as they are cut for an almost "perfect" fit for the phone. They are very clear and it's hard to tell a protector is up there. They still have issues with fingerprints but it's one of the best protectors i've ever used before.

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine in the mail yesterday. it can be a slight hassle applying them as they are cut for an almost "perfect" fit for the phone. They are very clear and it's hard to tell a protector is up there. They still have issues with fingerprints but it's one of the best protectors i've ever used before.

I found the best way to put these on is to do it in the bathroom. Run the hot water in the shower for several minutes to really steam up the bathroom to bring down the dust and lint. This helps a great deal in my experience. Then all you have to worry about it aligning it up just right.

jjkrz

May 21, 2011
Visit site
When I had my HTC incredible I bought a Zagg screen protector and after about a year I bought a HTC Thunderbolt. Only used Verizon screen protectors. I then bought a HTC Rezound and today bought a Zagg screen protector. I am glad to be home again !!!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt