1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon car dock

I have a question about the Verizon car dock for the Rezound. I travel for work and I take a generic car dock for the rental cars. I like to keep my phone in landscape while mounted but all the homescreens stay in portrait. Can anyone tell me if the Verizon car dock forces landscape when using the phone such as contacts? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

Default Re: Verizon car dock

I just watched that, and about 25 seconds in, it looks like you can go landscape, but i dunno since he was in a phone call, and im pretty sure that forces vertical.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker007 View Post
    I have a question about the Verizon car dock for the Rezound. I travel for work and I take a generic car dock for the rental cars. I like to keep my phone in landscape while mounted but all the homescreens stay in portrait. Can anyone tell me if the Verizon car dock forces landscape when using the phone such as contacts? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I have it and use the CAR DOCK app from the market and I use the landscape mode fine.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Another thing to consider would be Vlingo with it's voice guided car dock setting. Pretty handy..and it also integrates with Google Nav as well as calling, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jpoutre View Post
    I have it and use the CAR DOCK app from the market and I use the landscape mode fine.
    one?

Or, one? (same dev; older version)
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm sorry that I didn't explain very well. When I go to the phone app for example when in landscape, the contacts are all still in portrait and it makes it hard to read while driving with a generic holder. I wanted to know if the Verizon dock makes it override the system and makes everything show up in landscape. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    one?

Or, one? (same dev; older version)
    Car Dock Home V3 (first one)
    Thanked by 2:

Scott's CleanROM GBE 1.7 has a car panel and a dock mode. With the car panel, all functions are working in landscape, even the phone. Not sure if this is VZ version or what.
    Thanked by: