Trouble with wallpapers

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have gotten the wallpapers from this site to fit right on or at least close. I get them from zedge or my own personal pics and the cropping is way off and odd. The sizing looks right in the properties and all. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I'll try it on the ones I have saved. You have the low down on all the apps dont ya? I have downloaded maybe 3 in the 4 years I have had a phone with the ability to get them. I think its a trust thing. I read too much about things that can go wrong with apps or pc programs etc. Gotta get over that I suppose.

Hey while I have ya hear. Where is a good place to sell a phone besides craigs list. Or is that taboo talk in the forums? I finally got my fiance over to Verizon and get the rezound. She loves it but bought out of her contract and payed for the phone from the last provider. About used it maybe 2 weeks before she moved to this phone.
Well thanks again and if u cant answer I understand. I have the app u suggested and will see how it goes with one of my own pics.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Quickpic helps with the cropping issue. However having properly sized wallpaper also helps. I resize mine to 1440 x 1280 and get a pretty good image size(scrolling wallpaper screws it up but what can you do).

As to selling a phone, I'd personally suggest Craigslist. Local buyers so you can both be sure your investment is protected(to a certain degree)

Reactions: Wilhem_Scream

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I'll try it on the ones I have saved. You have the low down on all the apps dont ya? I have downloaded maybe 3 in the 4 years I have had a phone with the ability to get them. I think its a trust thing. I read too much about things that can go wrong with apps or pc programs etc. Gotta get over that I suppose.

Funny things is I really don't run alot of apps. I just happened to use a few that would work for what you inquired about. Actually, your taking a smart approach, I think caution is a very good thing when it comes to apps. I usually put apps on an old phone before I put them on my current axe to see how they behave. You really just need to pay close attention to permissions involved in running them and who the devs are.

Hey while I have ya hear. Where is a good place to sell a phone besides craigs list. Or is that taboo talk in the forums? I finally got my fiance over to Verizon and get the rezound. She loves it but bought out of her contract and payed for the phone from the last provider. About used it maybe 2 weeks before she moved to this phone.
Well thanks again and if u cant answer I understand. I have the app u suggested and will see how it goes with one of my own pics.

Sorry, I usually just give my unused phones away, so I'm not able to answer that. Like MrSmith recommended, try Craigslist for a local sale first before EBay. That makes alot of sense. Can't beat selling and keep all the profits to yourself. It's still free to post there, isn't it?

Reactions: Wilhem_Scream

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried Craigs list but right away was swamped with people wanting to trade this or that, junk I dont need nor does she. I would keep it if I could but I am just the middle guy doing the leg work for her lol. Also if it was an older phone I would give it away too but its the Amaze 4g and is not all that old. I know I can cover my bases on ebay, its that they are just swamped with dealers now and too many of the same things up. I have never tried rooting or anything and would make a decent one to practice with or at least dig deeper and not tough, just look at whats in there. We'll see. Thanks guys

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried Craigs list but right away was swamped with people wanting to trade this or that, junk I dont need nor does she. I would keep it if I could but I am just the middle guy doing the leg work for her lol. Also if it was an older phone I would give it away too but its the Amaze 4g and is not all that old. I know I can cover my bases on ebay, its that they are just swamped with dealers now and too many of the same things up. I have never tried rooting or anything and would make a decent one to practice with or at least dig deeper and not tough, just look at whats in there. We'll see. Thanks guys

What exactly was it that she didn't like about the Amaze? It looked like it was a decent enough phone from what I know of it. Trades, wtf is up with that?

P.S. I have many pouches of wampum, 3 beaver pelts, some sundried bison jerky and a gently used teepee to trade for your Amaze.:p

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you get a good signal in the teepee? because if so, thats a better offer than the best one I got which was probably bricked. It was one of the galaxy phones rooted and a fujifilm camera. He may have mentioned like $25 dollars but thats probably close to what the sd card I was throwing in was worth. It didnt sound right and I am not going to allow her to get ripped off again.

Long story short is that she liked the phone itself and wanted to carry it over to verizon. They both told her it cant be done. And with how little compared to verizon it was to buy out and for them to let her keep the phone after only 19 days, I told her that I rarely lose data with verizon and that this is a great phone, she just left them. They had a data package that allowed 5gb of "high speed 4g data" and her bill would be X amount a month. Well she rarely saw 4g and it dropped to 2g instead of three. So it was useless to pay for it. We are just outside Chicago and surrounded by towers yet the other 3 big guys give no signal while I am running 4g almost non stop. Guess that was the long version but thats why she is getting rid of or wants to get rid of it. We just had a child 3 months back so money cant be wasted on what doesnt work. Nice phone though and has a bit of weight to it for a newer phone.Sharp though

Reactions: humpagardengnome

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Teepee gets horrible coverage, a small herd of mule deer wizzed on the built in network extender. Hard to believe Chicago has poor coverage from any carrier, much less 3 of them. That's the best thing about VZ's LTE network. Even if it's weak it's likely to be there when you need it. It's the smart move in the grand scheme of things. Congrats on the recent addition to your family.

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Try eBay. To me craigs list is a bit to much barter.

Congrats on the new addition and future congrats when you actually get some sleep!

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Try eBay. To me craigs list is a bit to much barter.

Congrats on the new addition and future congrats when you actually get some sleep!

Ha! Yeah its been a few days with no sleep. I have insomnia though, not the baby's fault most times. Thanks for the congrats and I am setting the ebay account back up. Craigs list just looked like a janky swap meet in print to me. Then everyone DID start asking for trades etc.. I closed it right away. ebay just requires time and waiting and she isnt good with either lol.

cdub1.jpg

The little chimp

Eleni 22

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Other than Wallpaper Wizardrii what other app can someone suggest for resizing. This app does not play well with Go Launcher. I have to power off phone or restart for changes to take effect each time i change the background

Eleni 22

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
You can always just resize it on your computer with gimp or some other image editing software and move it to the phone

Thanks pizzadude just wanted something a bit simpler on the phone. I have too many to resize on the computer they are all different sizes from my BB days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12