What would you do?

craZhorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I took my phone back to VZN because the auto-rotate was stuck in the landscape mode. I re-calibrated it about a dozen times, revoved battery and rebooted about six times and nothing seemed to work. Took it back to my verizon store and they did everything that I had already tried. The rep even removed the simm card and put in a new one while stating that the card could be "weak". (lmao on that one). So she ordered me a new one and it came today. In the meantime I was still trying to figure out what the problem was and tried one more time to re-calibrate. Low and behold it started to work correctly. I laided the phone flat to do the calibration instead of laying it on one side. "Duh", do I feel like an idiot or what. So now I have two phones. So do I keep my original phone or the new replacement? What would you do? Thanks for your comments.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I took my phone back to VZN because the auto-rotate was stuck in the landscape mode. I re-calibrated it about a dozen times, revoved battery and rebooted about six times and nothing seemed to work. Took it back to my verizon store and they did everything that I had already tried. The rep even removed the simm card and put in a new one while stating that the card could be "weak". (lmao on that one). So she ordered me a new one and it came today. In the meantime I was still trying to figure out what the problem was and tried one more time to re-calibrate. Low and behold it started to work correctly. I laided the phone flat to do the calibration instead of laying it on one side. "Duh", do I feel like an idiot or what. So now I have two phones. So do I keep my original phone or the new replacement? What would you do? Thanks for your comments.

Compare screen lighting, any sense of back light bleed, the pink capacitive buttons some folks have, signal strength, cameras, touchscreen responsiveness and whatever else could be better or different between the phones and keep the one that works best?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If there are no other issues, keep the old one. You bought it new I assume and they replaced it with refurb. it is a tough call but all things being equal, I would keep the devil I know as opposed to the unknown one....

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If there are no other issues, keep the old one. You bought it new I assume and they replaced it with refurb. it is a tough call but all things being equal, I would keep the devil I know as opposed to the unknown one....

True that..if it's a recertified device I'd be a bit more concerned about using that over a device you got brand new. I've had nothing but bad luck with refurbished devices in the past. However, if it's a new device as the OP's post appears to suggest, then I'd definitely look into doing the comparison! :D (unless you haven't found anything that is possibly wrong with the original device of course!)

dmkraz

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You didn't say how long ago you got your original phone, but assuming it was more than a few weeks ago and there's nothing else wrong with it, I would definitely keep the original one. You won't need to re-download apps, home screen setup, etc. Plus you'll avoid that whole "grass is greener", "is the other checkout aisle better" dilemma which causes undo stress (ok, not much stress, but maybe a little).

craZhorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you gentlemen for your suggestions and comments. I have decided to keep my original phone because I have had it since last October with no other issues at all. Other than the very short battery life the phone has been a good one. Thanks again.

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Have you looked into buying a bigger battery? The 2750mA battery from Verizon is good and doesn't make the phone look like to much of a mutant.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking since you have a face palm moment anyway, you should keep the original. If you had any problem with the new one you might think that's the reason, when we all know by now it's just probably you.

:D:D:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC