Has Verizon lost their collective minds?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
It was actually the TB that sorta got me to the ReZound.

My daughter had a TB, while I had my clunky but beloved Charge. She had a ton of issues with it to start and just hated it. Would she let me touch it? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...even thought I am an IT guy and have been playing with these things forever (but I digress).

Anyway, she wanted a iCrap so when one of our upgrades came along, we gave it to her on the condition she gave me the TB. I wanted to just play around with it.

Well i did play around, played around some more. tweaked it here and there. I actually fell in love with it a bit. Especially Sense. I really like it a whole lot more than TW.

Now I am not going to knock TW, I just liked Sense better.

When the opportunity came around to go HTC, MOTO, or another Sammy I went with the ReZound because of my TB experience.

Oh and the TB? The one thing I couldnt stand was the battery life sucked no matter what I did to it (not a knock, just a fact) but someone was willing to give me $175 for it in maybe 7/10 condition as long as I rooted and gave him an in house tutorial on flashing a bit...

I had the opposite experience...I had a Sprint HTC EVO 4G that I used for practicing rooting and romming, and I grew to dislike Sense and HTC from my experience with that device. I have a Rezound that I activated a couple days ago (never bothered with root, etc.), and went right back to my Charge. I still don't like Sense, but I'm waiting for ICS to hit the Rezound, and I'll probably root/ROM and try it again. I want to like HTC, I like the build quality, but so far...me no likey. It's me, not you Sense. :p

Nevertheless, I would say the Rezound is at least the second best phone on the VZW lineup, next to the the GNEX and the RAZR MAXX is up there of course too. For some, it's THE best phone on VZW, and it certainly has it's reasons to be at the top of the list. Why they are not pushing this phone more is strange, but as I posted earlier, I think it's mainly all about branding, and neither VZW nor HTC seem to be enthusiastic about marketing the Rezound. It's going to be all about the Droid Incredible 4G once it drops, because as someone else posted, the original DINC sold like gangbusters, and I think the DINC2 did fairly well too.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I had the opposite experience...I had a Sprint HTC EVO 4G that I used for practicing rooting and romming, and I grew to dislike Sense and HTC from my experience with that device. I have a Rezound that I activated a couple days ago (never bothered with root, etc.), and went right back to my Charge. I still don't like Sense, but I'm waiting for ICS to hit the Rezound, and I'll probably root/ROM and try it again. I want to like HTC, I like the build quality, but so far...me no likey. It's me, not you Sense. :p

Nevertheless, I would say the Rezound is at least the second best phone on the VZW lineup, next to the the GNEX and the RAZR MAXX is up there of course too. For some, it's THE best phone on VZW, and it certainly has it's reasons to be at the top of the list. Why they are not pushing this phone more is strange, but as I posted earlier, I think it's mainly all about branding, and neither VZW nor HTC seem to be enthusiastic about marketing the Rezound. It's going to be all about the Droid Incredible 4G once it drops, because as someone else posted, the original DINC sold like gangbusters, and I think the DINC2 did fairly well too.

your right about the hype with the INC4, it is going to be unparalleled for awhile. I just hope they bump that stupid crying girls campaign, but that will get recycled too, like the girl with the Lucid commercials.

Why do I always pick the bastard phones? The Fassy was rejected, the Charge ignored, and now the ReZound. I guess I need a Nexus to be hip like the iCrud people....I feel like the hot Goth chick....everyone knows she is hot, but few will go near her

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It was a smartphone in a Community College kinda way...not that there is anything wrong with that

So Windows Mobile smartphones and Palm OS smartphones weren't really smartphones either?

Or they "Community College" smartphones?

Seriously. lol

Reactions: jroc

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It was a smartphone in a Community College kinda way...not that there is anything wrong with that

Either it was a smartphone or it wasnt.

There wasn't much of an android presence either. Wasn't that about the time the G1 was out?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The answer is in the pudding, oh I mean the screen. Do you want a 4" 960x540 qhd screen or a 4.3" 720p screen! In my opinion the dinc4g could have an 8 core flux capacitor and a 32mp camera in it and I still wouldn't replace my rezound with it. Just because of screen size and resolution alone.

As one who likes my RAZR screen alot more than Rezounds....

At the end of the day...some specs dont really matter. What matters is what you like after real world use. My eyes like my RAZR screen alot more than my Rezound with the better screen specs.

And after having back to back Rezounds with the exact same issues....I agree with someone who said HTC needs to focus on making one phone work good.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
That's because the Storm technically isn't/wasn't a smart phone and RIM tried their best to not innovate further than a crappy clicky touch screen. Sorry but BB is the one "phone" I completely endorse bashing. RIM has held the keys far too long and they returned the car with no gas and on fire with a gang of hungry zombies in the back.

Right... Blackberries are feature phones cleverly disguised as smartphones.. The new bb10 can change that..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Niiiiiiiiice....couldn't agree more. I'm embarrassed to admit that I owned one of those pieces of junk (I'm referring to the Storm 1 specifically) I even got one for my wife, a punishment which she absolutely did not deserve. WORST PIECE OF "TECHNOLOGY EVER"

And to answer pauldroid's question I'm pretty sure that's when the G1 was out and kicking it. It was the first Android phone I remember hearing about.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
And to answer pauldroid's question I'm pretty sure that's when the G1 was out and kicking it. It was the first Android phone I remember hearing about.
Well, I owned both, a G1 and Storm. I can tell you this, at the time, the Storm worked better for me. Better battery life especially. At the time, Android and the Android smartphone were not what they have become today.

It is a rather ignorant statement to make asserting that a Blackberry Storm was not a smartphone.

Reactions: jroc

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, I owned both, a G1 and Storm. I can tell you this, at the time, the Storm worked better for me. Better battery life especially. At the time, Android and the Android smartphone were not what they have become today.

It is a rather ignorant statement to make asserting that a Blackberry Storm was not a smartphone.

All in jest I'm sure. ;)

I well remember my days of lurking in the Crackberry forum and hearing mentions of the G1, and then it was the Motorola Droid. I never owned or really even played with the G1 so I can't speak to it's prowess as a smartphone.

My Storm's battery did last long...because I couldn't use it for anything other than reading email's, truncated email's no less, between freeze up's and battery pulls. In fact the best app (of the 8 or so I could shoehorn onto the thing) I ever downloaded for it was Quickpull.

Last edited:
Reactions: leroybrute

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
See i missed the era of BB that you are all talking about.

In my era, it was a glorified Feature Phone, in a walled garden for the most part.

You had the keyboard, instant email, a document reader, and S L O W web access. You werent installing many apps. Oh and it had a GPS nav system, almost forgot that. Carried it for quite a bit of time and was the among friends.

Then actual feature phones developed to that point, and I decided to give the crack up (it was a toughie) until android really started coming on (the Fascinate was my first smartphone).

This was my last BB: BlackBerry 7100G AT&T CINGULAR SILVER Cell Phone *GOOD CONDITION* Quality Old BB 810617009910 | eBay

Technically it was a smartphone, but the definition has changed from then until now.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Really u think so. Guess u been off planet then. BB have and always will b a smart phone just like the old windows mobile phones.
Right... Blackberries are feature phones cleverly disguised as smartphones.. The new bb10 can change that..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have my own thoughts but I'm interested in yours, so I got 2 questions for ya'll. Since some seem to just balk, giggle & poke at others opinions w/out giving their own;

1. What differences constitute a feature phone from a smartphone for you?

2. Given the reaponse from question #1. What phone do you consider to be the first "true" entry in the era of smartphones?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
A smartphone is a mobile phone built on a mobile computing platform, with more advanced computing ability and connectivity than a feature phone. The first smartphones were devices that mainly combined the functions of a personal digital assistant (PDA) and a mobile phone or camera phone. What is a big distigive between smart phone and feature phone apis. With feature phones aka dumb phones they use a mix of Java and brew to run there programs.
I have my own thoughts but I'm interested in yours, so I got 2 questions for ya'll. Since some seem to just balk, giggle & poke at others opinions w/out giving their own;

1. What differences constitute a feature phone from a smartphone for you?

2. Given the reaponse from question #1. What phone do you consider to be the first "true" entry in the era of smartphones?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: humpagardengnome

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance