Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 107
Like Tree20Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Rooted

    Default Has Verizon lost their collective minds?

    So the Rezound is on par with the OneX (for the most part). As we all well know, the Rezound gets no love from Big Red, and most people were expecting more/better for the new Droid Incredible. Well if this is correct article is correct, the new Dinc will be on par with the One S which by my reckoning is vastly inferior to the Rezound.

    I know sometimes business decisions don't make themselves apparent to the public but this just seems like yet another horrible mistake in the Android market by Motoro..I mean Verizon. Are they that determined to make/keep Moto at the top of the list, or do they just hate HTC? Maybe I'm just burned out from people going "What phone is that" and me responding "The HTC Rezound" only to hear, "Oh, never heard of that".. Ugh

    Source: Cnet
  2. #2  

    Default

    Android phones that get branded into the DROID line get the most love from Verizon.
    xljetmedic and moosc like this.
  3. #3  
    bberrynewbie84's Avatar
    Galaxy nexus!

    Posts
    450 Posts
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Carrier
    stock 2.3.4

    Default

    It's funny how the Rezound gets treated, even the resell value sucks which I don't understand.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidrookie84 View Post
    It's funny how the Rezound gets treated, even the resell value sucks which I don't understand.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    I bought the rezound for $50 on upgrade less than 2 weeks after release. I think that the resell of the rezound is one par if not better than other phones offered at $50 on upgrade within 2 weeks of release.
  5. #5  

    Default

    I lol at people that don't know about the rezound and try telling me how great their phone is. Oh well their loss.
  6. #6  
    rosser's Avatar
    Former Advisor

    Posts
    353 Posts
    Global Posts
    416 Global Posts

    Default

    Wait, Verizon has people with minds?


    Sent from my thumbs to your retinas using Tapatalk
  7. #7  
    babytazz18's Avatar

    Posts
    126 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Has Verizon lost their collective minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by rosser View Post
    Wait, Verizon has people with minds?


    Sent from my thumbs to your retinas using Tapatalk
    nice! lol
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    So the Rezound is on par with the OneX (for the most part). As we all well know, the Rezound gets no love from Big Red, and most people were expecting more/better for the new Droid Incredible. Well if this is correct article is correct, the new Dinc will be on par with the One S which by my reckoning is vastly inferior to the Rezound.

    Source: Cnet
    Unfortunately, the DInc4G is a step down from the One S in camera tech and a couple other areas. Like the Rezound, the removable battery and storage is a big plus.
  9. #9  
    major payne's Avatar

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,848 Global Posts
    Carrier
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

    Default Re: Has Verizon lost their collective minds?

    I think the Incredible is a mix between the S and V
  10. #10  
    xxfallacyxx's Avatar
    Bearded

    Posts
    744 Posts
    Carrier
    Business Sense ICS

    Default Re: Has Verizon lost their collective minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by dmark44 View Post
    Unfortunately, it's a step down from the One S in camera tech and a couple other areas. Like the Rezound, the removable battery and storage is a big plus.
    When quoting a post which mentions 3 phones, it might be helpful to be specific in your reply regarding what phone you're saying is a step down from the One S
  11. #11  
    mtbhk44's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Carrier
    CleanRom 4.5 Pro

    Default Re: Has Verizon lost their collective minds?

    I'm very confused by this release. I do like the 4 inch screen and Sense 4.0 but other than that, I don't see why anyone would upgrade to the new Inc over the Rezound? Especially since the Rezound can be had at a much better price, the developer community is very active and the phone has already been broken wide open. This device makes no sense.
  12. #12  
    Theot's Avatar

    Posts
    268 Posts
    Carrier
    Whomp 4.2/Perseus 36.3

    Default Re: Has Verizon lost their collective minds?

    If I stay with Verizon, the Rezound is what I'm planning to get next. However, based on the fact that something has went wrong with every phone they've sent, I'm about ready to not give a crap about how good the network is just to go to another carrier and maybe get a reliable device.
  13. #13  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,654 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    So the Rezound is on par with the OneX (for the most part). As we all well know, the Rezound gets no love from Big Red, and most people were expecting more/better for the new Droid Incredible. Well if this is correct article is correct, the new Dinc will be on par with the One S which by my reckoning is vastly inferior to the Rezound.

    I know sometimes business decisions don't make themselves apparent to the public but this just seems like yet another horrible mistake in the Android market by Motoro..I mean Verizon. Are they that determined to make/keep Moto at the top of the list, or do they just hate HTC? Maybe I'm just burned out from people going "What phone is that" and me responding "The HTC Rezound" only to hear, "Oh, never heard of that".. Ugh

    Source: Cnet
    VZW, focuses on whatever the latest and greatest is. It's just that simple.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    VZW, focuses on whatever the latest and greatest is. It's just that simple.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Doesn't all carriers? Who knows how ling the next dinc has been in the pipeline. No way this is their flagship phone from htc.

    Patience is a virtue.
  15. #15  
    cvette93's Avatar

    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

    Default Re: Has Verizon lost their collective minds?

    The Inc LTE doesn't even have the 720p screen that the Rezound has. I was extremely disappointed with the new Inc. Guess I will have to hold on to my Rezound until the One's reach Verizon...
  16. #16  
    Theot's Avatar

    Posts
    268 Posts
    Carrier
    Whomp 4.2/Perseus 36.3

    Default Re: Has Verizon lost their collective minds?

    I'd like them to focus on 1 phone, and make it work right for once.
    mlbyanks11 likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
    When quoting a post which mentions 3 phones, it might be helpful to be specific in your reply regarding what phone you're saying is a step down from the One S
    I saw that. I tried to fix it earlier, but my cursor was jumping everywhere but to where I wanted to edit so I gave up.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Has Verizon lost their collective minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Theot View Post
    I'd like them to focus on 1 phone, and make it work right for once.
    HTC did...and they called it the Rezound.
    rageboardr likes this.
  19. #19  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,654 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidrookie84 View Post
    It's funny how the Rezound gets treated, even the resell value sucks which I don't understand.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    I'd have to disagree with that. The Motorola Droid Bionic got no love from VZW or Motorola in my opinion.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  20. #20  
    Theot's Avatar

    Posts
    268 Posts
    Carrier
    Whomp 4.2/Perseus 36.3

    Default Re: Has Verizon lost their collective minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    HTC did...and they called it the Rezound.
    After 4 fascinates, 5 Droid X2's and now the Dinc2 which is giving my wife problems, I'm a little hesitant to buy in.
    mlbyanks11 likes this.
  21. #21  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,654 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kulk35 View Post
    Doesn't all carriers? Who knows how ling the next dinc has been in the pipeline. No way this is their flagship phone from htc.

    Patience is a virtue.

    Given the rate at which new smartphones are released at this point I'd say there really is no such thing as a flagship device.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  22. #22  
    pappy53's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,537 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,732 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Has Verizon lost their collective minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by cvette93 View Post
    The Inc LTE doesn't even have the 720p screen that the Rezound has. I was extremely disappointed with the new Inc. Guess I will have to hold on to my Rezound until the One's reach Verizon...
    The Inc LTE is not a top tier phone like the Rezound. It is a mid-range phone, and isn't meant to compete with the Rezound.
    cvette93 likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Has Verizon lost their collective minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    The Inc LTE is not a top tier phone like the Rezound. It is a mid-range phone, and isn't meant to compete with the Rezound.
    When you say "compete" you can talk about specs and everything else, but it all comes down to price point. If the Dinc 4g comes out at $299, then it absolutely is competing, and I'd still take the rezound at $199 over the Dinc 4g at $299. I took the Rezound at $50 so I'm laughing all the way to the bank at those who will take the new Dinc.

    As for blown wide open, this is one sad panda who uses a Mac, so I can't blow it open.....even if I had the guts to stick a wire to it
  24. #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    Given the rate at which new smartphones are released at this point I'd say there really is no such thing as a flagship device.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Valid point. Guess I was using corporate speak.
  25. #25  
    Chris2183's Avatar

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM9 RC2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    I'd have to disagree with that. The Motorola Droid Bionic got no love from VZW or Motorola in my opinion.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    The Droid Charge suffered the same lack of interest from VZW as well
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions