New Rezound ICS leak.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
just saw it. I am surprised. I am not happy they removed the hidden menu.

And, hopefully, someone will post the leak on a speedier site.

Last edited:

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
So, apparently the latest leak wrecks the ability to switch the Rezound to the GSM network.

I suppose this will be the case once the official OTA is pushed. I had no reason to root my Rezound before, but I sure as hell do now. If I ever leave the country, I'm rooting before I pack.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So, apparently the latest leak wrecks the ability to switch the Rezound to the GSM network.

I suppose this will be the case once the official OTA is pushed. I had no reason to root my Rezound before, but I sure as hell do now. If I ever leave the country, I'm rooting before I pack.

Slowly but surely Verizon is substituting skim milk for the cream in the sandwich.

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site
In other words, the rezound is actually a world phone as it stands now but with OTA update to ICS it will lose this ability ?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
In other words, the rezound is actually a world phone as it stands now but with OTA update to ICS it will lose this ability ?

It's not a perfect world phone. Apparently, texting is broken - or maybe it was all data. But, at least it could be used for voice calls.

I hope some ROM chef will make it a real world phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: labs point

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It's not a perfect world phone. Apparently, texting is broken - or maybe it was all data. But, at least it could be used for voice calls.

I hope some ROM chef will make it a real world phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

That was fixed with yesterdays release of team BAMFs ROM from my understanding.

That ROM was down to BT and animations, and by all accounts (his) he just fixed the animations. I think he is planning on releasing another update tonight...or is working towards that goal. This will be based on todays leak

Reactions: TBolt

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site

No... the took out the hidden key presses, but not the menu itsfle.

After I flashed the latest leaked ICS, I downloaded the "LTE OnOff" app from the Google Play store.This apps took me straight to the hidden menu. I was able to choose GSM mode without
any issue.

Just confirmed it again by making a couple of incoming/outgoing call using my T-Mobile SIM card.

Reactions: TBolt

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
So if they are trying to plug holes by removing the hidden dialer menu, is it safe to assume they'll also be disabling the app freeze capabilities of ICS?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So if they are trying to plug holes by removing the hidden dialer menu, is it safe to assume they'll also be disabling the app freeze capabilities of ICS?

I'd highly doubt that is going to be pulled. That ICS feature is Verizons white flag response to the strong anti bloatware contingent. Even if they did it's no biggie. You could just drop in the previous release candidate that featured it or do one better and root to Sense 3.6 or 4.0/ICS.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I'd highly doubt that is going to be pulled. That ICS feature is Verizons white flag response to the strong anti bloatware contingent. Even if they did it's no biggie. You could just drop in the previous release candidate that featured it or do one better and root to Sense 3.6 or 4.0/ICS.

I hope you're right. I'm trying to hold off rooting as long as possible. I use my phone for work a lot and travel out of state for work some. I need it to work. Rooting and ROMing always brings the risk that what you NEED to work - won't work all of a sudden.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I hope you're right. I'm trying to hold off rooting as long as possible. I use my phone for work a lot and travel out of state for work some. I need it to work. Rooting and ROMing always brings the risk that what you NEED to work - won't work all of a sudden.

Not true. The "all of a sudden" happens the second you boot the ROM. Features won't just stop working. I would say that as long as you didn't go to a Sense4 ROM, you'll have 99% if not 110% of all of the phone features working no matter which ROM you pick.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Not true. The "all of a sudden" happens the second you boot the ROM. Features won't just stop working. I would say that as long as you didn't go to a Sense4 ROM, you'll have 99% if not 110% of all of the phone features working no matter which ROM you pick.

Good point. The problem is more me then. I don't test every conceivable app / feature, especially considering some might only get used once a month or less often. Basically, I worry too much about it. :confused:

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
No... the took out the hidden key presses, but not the menu itsfle.

After I flashed the latest leaked ICS, I downloaded the "LTE OnOff" app from the Google Play store.This apps took me straight to the hidden menu. I was able to choose GSM mode without
any issue.

Just confirmed it again by making a couple of incoming/outgoing call using my T-Mobile SIM card.

As an educational execise for all who are curious, assuming we have a working SIM card for a GSM network, what specific changes need to be made in the "Hidden Menu" to make the Rezound work on a GSM network. And would it be fully functional with texting, data, phone?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Good point. The problem is more me then. I don't test every conceivable app / feature, especially considering some might only get used once a month or less often. Basically, I worry too much about it. :confused:
P-M-B-9788184081657.jpg

Reactions: Wilhem_Scream

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
As an educational execise for all who are curious, assuming we have a working SIM card for a GSM network, what specific changes need to be made in the "Hidden Menu" to make the Rezound work on a GSM network. And would it be fully functional with texting, data, phone?

Being that it's a Verizon branded phone I'd assume that voice and text would work since they're both functions of the radio using the SIM card. I believe that data wouldn't be able to work without adding that carrier's APN(which I believe is in a locked menu)

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Being that it's a Verizon branded phone I'd assume that voice and text would work since they're both functions of the radio using the SIM card. I believe that data wouldn't be able to work without adding that carrier's APN(which I believe is in a locked menu)

An AC member tried it last night. It will definitely allow calls w/ a gsm sim card, so I'd assume all but data will be availble w/out paying for data service.