Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Rezound ICS leak.

In case anyone is interested.

Default Re: New Rezound ICS leak.

just saw it. I am surprised. I am not happy they removed the hidden menu.

And, hopefully, someone will post the leak on a speedier site.
    Last edited by bellken; 05-07-2012 at 02:49 PM.

So, the latest leak wrecks the ability to switch the Rezound to the GSM network.

I suppose this will be the case once the official OTA is pushed. I had no reason to root my Rezound before, but I sure as hell do now. If I ever leave the country, I'm rooting before I pack.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    So, the latest leak wrecks the ability to switch the Rezound to the GSM network.

I suppose this will be the case once the official OTA is pushed. I had no reason to root my Rezound before, but I sure as hell do now. If I ever leave the country, I'm rooting before I pack.
    Slowly but surely Verizon is substituting skim milk for the cream in the sandwich.
    veevans01 and babytazz18 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

it is in there somewhere, just needs to be found again...

In other words, the rezound is actually a world phone as it stands now but with OTA update to ICS it will lose this ability ?

Quote Originally Posted by labs point View Post
    In other words, the rezound is actually a world phone as it stands now but with OTA update to ICS it will lose this ability ?
    It's not a perfect world phone. Apparently, texting is broken - or maybe it was all data. But, at least it could be used for voice calls.

I hope some ROM chef will make it a real world phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

It's not a perfect world phone. Apparently, texting is broken - or maybe it was all data. But, at least it could be used for voice calls.

I hope some ROM chef will make it a real world phone.

That was fixed with yesterdays release of team BAMFs ROM from my understanding.

That ROM was down to BT and animations, and by all accounts (his) he just fixed the animations. I think he is planning on releasing another update tonight...or is working towards that goal. This will be based on todays leak
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 

No... the took out the hidden key presses, but not the menu itsfle.

After I flashed the latest leaked ICS, I downloaded the "LTE OnOff" app from the Google Play store.This apps took me straight to the hidden menu. I was able to choose GSM mode without
    any issue.

Just confirmed it again by making a couple of incoming/outgoing call using my T-Mobile SIM card.
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 

Quote Originally Posted by centerwaters View Post

Just confirmed it again by making a couple of incoming/outgoing call using my T-Mobile SIM card.
    Are you able to send/receive texts?
    Can you use their mobile Internet network?

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

So if they are trying to plug holes by removing the hidden dialer menu, is it safe to assume they'll also be disabling the app freeze capabilities of ICS?
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.

Quote Originally Posted by jiml View Post
    So if they are trying to plug holes by removing the hidden dialer menu, is it safe to assume they'll also be disabling the app freeze capabilities of ICS?
    I'd highly doubt that is going to be pulled. That ICS feature is Verizons white flag response to the strong anti bloatware contingent. Even if they did it's no biggie. You could just drop in the previous release candidate that featured it or do one better and root to Sense 3.6 or 4.0/ICS.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    I'd highly doubt that is going to be pulled. That ICS feature is Verizons white flag response to the strong anti bloatware contingent. Even if they did it's no biggie. You could just drop in the previous release candidate that featured it or do one better and root to Sense 3.6 or 4.0/ICS.
    I hope you're right. I'm trying to hold off rooting as long as possible. I use my phone for work a lot and travel out of state for work some. I need it to work. Rooting and ROMing always brings the risk that what you NEED to work - won't work all of a sudden.
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

I hope you're right. I'm trying to hold off rooting as long as possible. I use my phone for work a lot and travel out of state for work some. I need it to work. Rooting and ROMing always brings the risk that what you NEED to work - won't work all of a sudden.
    Not true. The "all of a sudden" happens the second you boot the ROM. Features won't just stop working. I would say that as long as you didn't go to a Sense4 ROM, you'll have 99% if not 110% of all of the phone features working no matter which ROM you pick.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Not true. The "all of a sudden" happens the second you boot the ROM. Features won't just stop working. I would say that as long as you didn't go to a Sense4 ROM, you'll have 99% if not 110% of all of the phone features working no matter which ROM you pick.
    Good point. The problem is more me then. I don't test every conceivable app / feature, especially considering some might only get used once a month or less often. Basically, I worry too much about it.

Global Posts
    1,367 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by centerwaters View Post
    No... the took out the hidden key presses, but not the menu itsfle.

After I flashed the latest leaked ICS, I downloaded the "LTE OnOff" app from the Google Play store.This apps took me straight to the hidden menu. I was able to choose GSM mode without
    any issue.

As an educational execise for all who are curious, assuming we have a working SIM card for a GSM network, what specific changes need to be made in the "Hidden Menu" to make the Rezound work on a GSM network. And would it be fully functional with texting, data, phone?
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

Good point. The problem is more me then. I don't test every conceivable app / feature, especially considering some might only get used once a month or less often. Basically, I worry too much about it.
    Thanked by:
    ajnevares and Wilhem_Scream like this.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by buckifvr View Post
    As an educational execise for all who are curious, assuming we have a working SIM card for a GSM network, what specific changes need to be made in the "Hidden Menu" to make the Rezound work on a GSM network. And would it be fully functional with texting, data, phone?
    Being that it's a Verizon branded phone I'd assume that voice and text would work since they're both functions of the radio using the SIM card. I believe that data wouldn't be able to work without adding that carrier's APN(which I believe is in a locked menu)

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Being that it's a Verizon branded phone I'd assume that voice and text would work since they're both functions of the radio using the SIM card. I believe that data wouldn't be able to work without adding that carrier's APN(which I believe is in a locked menu)
    An AC member tried it last night. It will definitely allow calls w/ a gsm sim card, so I'd assume all but data will be availble w/out paying for data service.

Can you still use Wi-Fi for Data while in GSM mode?
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by experiment626 View Post
    Can you still use Wi-Fi for Data while in GSM mode?
    Yes, as long as the hardware works.. Why wouldn't it?

-Walt Disney

Hi, I'm a total NOOB with regards to flashing, ROMS, etc so forgive my lack of knowledge. I attempted to flash to the most recent "official" ICS ROM the day it came out. I had never attempted this before. I followed the instructions perfectly (except for pulling the battery out, which I read about in another forum) Unfortunately, when the system tried to flash I recieved the message "No Image", "Image Missing", or something to that affect.

I know I got the full file, I'm just not sure what I did wrong. Am I supposed to unpack the zip on my computer before I put it on my phone & rename it?

Any ideas?
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Rename the zip to PH98IMG.zip and put it on /sdcard2/ reboot into hboot and you're good.

-Walt Disney

That's exactly what I did and it didn't work. I'll try redownloading it as maybe somehow it was corrupted. I just wish it didn't take so long to download. Is anyone else hosting it from a faster mirror?

In another forum they told me not to add the ".zip" extension as it's already as zip file b/c it will end up being PH98IMG.zip.ZIP. I checked the last one I tried and that is the case for it.
    Last edited by hiphopaddict; 05-10-2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: double post
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast