IPhone 4 vs HTC rezound

TimV28

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I have an opportunity to pick up an iPhone 4 and make money off my rezound. Does anyone know what the pros and cons of each device would be?

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Rezound good
Bigger screen
720p
4g
Getting ics soon
Better camera

Rezound bad
Stock battery life

IPhone good
Better support if broken (if u r near an I store)
Great battery life

I phone bad
Not 4s
No 4g

Just a few off the top of my head. I wouldn't switch if someone gave me an iPhone 4

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I forget, does the iPhone have 4G? Do you live in a 4G area? That might be something to consider.

My mom had an iPhone for about a week that I helped her with, that is the most exposure I've had to the iPhone. It was a nice phone, took better pictures than most phones do, but not better than my Rezound. Seemed a bit basic to me. Screen is obviously considerably smaller on the iPhone. I think battery life is better on the iPhone, but as I joke with a co-worker, it does less so it uses less power. ;)

They're quite a bit different animals, can you stop by a store and mess with an iPhone? That might tell you if it is something you want. It's not for me. Too basic, standard, small, etc.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have an opportunity to pick up an iPhone 4 and make money off my rezound. Does anyone know what the pros and cons of each device would be?

Id keep the Rezound and sell the iPhone...IMO the Rezound can do so much more and there are people out there willing to spend the money for a iPhone, furthermore, you can get much more for the iPhone than the Rezound despite the Rezound being a better phone...its all about whats trendy...people want that Apple decal on their phone lol

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone does not have 4G. I just gave up my 4s for a rezound. They are totally different devices but the 4s does have super battery life. But I was really wanting to return to android

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
iPhone Pros:
Everything is smooth/works out of the box
Great battery life
Walled Garden(some people like that)
Decent Camera
Retina Display

iPhone Cons:
Small screen
Lack of 4G
Little to no free apps
Walled garden(Some people don't like it)
Crappy antennas
iTunes(which should end the comparison)
Genius Bar
No SD Slot
No user serviceable battery

Rezound Pros:
4.3" 720p very bright screen
Beats audio
Works out of the box(unlike some android phones)
Very good 8MP camera with dual LED flash
4GLTE
64GB SD Card slot capacity
Extended battery capability
Strongest radios on Verizon(in my opinion)
Sense(Some people like it)
Very easily unlocked
Tons of free apps in the Android Market

Rezound Cons:
4G kills battery life
Screen time kills battery life
Sense(Some people hate it)

Now that's about as fair as I get it. I know personally the only thing the Rezound could do better would be to live longer on battery.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I think that we are going to see an uptick of about 20% with ICS as far as the battery life goes. I BEAT my battery yesterday (switched ROMs twice, set the phone up 1.5 times, tried out some launcher stuff) and it lasted a good 8 hours. Full LTE, Full Bright.

Reactions: dee632

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
From someone who traded a Rezound for an iPhone and came back to the Rezound, it's all going to be about personal choice. Most of the pros and cons you see here are right. Some people really love the way the iPhone works. I couldn't stand it. I hated the iPhone keyboard. Twitter is fully integrated into ios 5, but most other programs are not. For instance, I use kik messenger to send IMs. On Android you can go to the gallery and press Share, and you can upload or share your pics to any number of services you have installed, including kik. It wasn't that easy to share using the iPhone unless you were sharing to twitter.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
No one mentioned the iPhone being almost 2 years old. That alone is why I wouldn't make the switch...I wouldn't even consider it unless it was a 4s. But even then my personal preference and heavy addiction to flashing ROM's keeps me firmly in the Android world.

One upside to the iPhone I don't recall seeing is that there are ba-gillions of cases/accessories for it. The Rezound, not so much, but the Rezound hardware and overall experience is worth way more than accessories in my opinion.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Iphone cons.... A sea of icons. No desktop. No true multitasking. Gawd awful boring. Old non evolving tech. A dressed up app drawer.

Harsh. I own a big iphone. Called the New iPad. Tablet is a different animal but I can't imagine using an iphone over an android.

One more thing.... If you have an exchange account get used to unlocking your phone all the time. They have nothing like Nitrodesk's Touchdown.

Sent from my hooka via hash cloud.

TimV28

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I ended up keeping the rezound. The pros to the iPhone could not outweigh the Cons of the rezound. That and I did not realize the iPhone only had a 3.5 inch screen, I thought it was at least 4 inches.

SurfingJerry

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a rezound and the wife has an iPhone 4s.
I find it completely frustrating whenever you try to do something that Steve Jobs didn't really want you doing on his phone.
The rezound has fewer of those limitations but at least they are imposed by paranoia at Verizon and not megalomania at Apple.
Apple wins on accessories but loses on that stupid proprietary plug.

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I would only trade out a Rezound for a 4s not a 4 because then u can resell the 4s if you dislike it for alot more than the Rezound

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Pick an OS, they are both old, doesn't matter spec wise, they are both beat severely. Get the OS you like.

jonvito2

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
iPhones suck

Nobody mentioned flash...I love having flash on my phone, it kinda bridges the gap between my laptop...iPhones can't do that. And FREE Navigation!

There are many reasons but to me the biggest reason I hate iPhones is because I don't want to be like everyone else...literally 90% of the people I work with have iPhones and a lot of them I've tried to talk off the ledge to no avail because getting an iPhone right now is the cool thing to do...they think facetime and group conversations are something special to their iPhones, its pretty amazing how wetarded(sorry had to edit) they are and how they don't understand what they are missing with Android. I stereotype people by their phones sometimes...and if you have an iPhone you are basically a doucher in my book...so yes I work with A LOT of douchers.

One thing I will give the iPhone is its reliability...but when you've been making virtually the same product for, what, at least 5 or 6 years, it better be reliable.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
iPhones suck

Nobody mentioned flash...I love having flash on my phone, it kinda bridges the gap between my laptop...iPhones can't do that. And FREE Navigation!

There are many reasons but to me the biggest reason I hate iPhones is because I don't want to be like everyone else...literally 90% of the people I work with have iPhones and a lot of them I've tried to talk off the ledge to no avail because getting an iPhone right now is the cool thing to do...they think facetime and group conversations are something special to their iPhones, its pretty amazing how wetarded(sorry had to edit) they are and how they don't understand what they are missing with Android. I stereotype people by their phones sometimes...and if you have an iPhone you are basically a doucher in my book...so yes I work with A LOT of douchers.

One thing I will give the iPhone is its reliability...but when you've been making virtually the same product for, what, at least 5 or 6 years, it better be reliable.

That's pretty harsh. Why can't the iPhone be for them? I mean not everyone likes ice cream. Hard to imagine but, especially with few hundred dollar investment people have to come to their own conclusion. Otherwise aren't you just a herder for another flock of iSheep?

Android is all about openness and choice. So let people have their choice. I agree that I believe Android to be the superior platform for a number of reasons, but that doesn't make me right and an iPhone user wrong. To each their own... Live and let live... Klaatu barada nikto

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps my strong bias against iOS comes from my reliance on widgets. My phone is full of them and as long as most of them are Sense, the phone is still snappy. I can get an overview of all I need to know in just a few seconds. With the iphone you gotta launch an app each time. That point is hammered home each time I fire up the New iPad. It just seems it takes longer to do everything. But clearly iOS has the lead in apps still, which is why I buy the iPad. And android still feels sluggish with ICS on my Xoom.

Sent from my hooka via hash cloud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon