Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default IPhone 4 vs HTC rezound

I have an opportunity to pick up an iPhone 4 and make money off my rezound. Does anyone know what the pros and cons of each device would be?
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Default Re: IPhone 4 vs HTC rezound

Do you like Android?

Rezound good
    Bigger screen
    720p
    4g
    Getting ics soon
    Better camera

Rezound bad
    Stock battery life

IPhone good
    Better support if broken (if u r near an I store)
    Great battery life

I phone bad
    Not 4s
    No 4g

Just a few off the top of my head. I wouldn't switch if someone gave me an iPhone 4

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

I forget, does the iPhone have 4G? Do you live in a 4G area? That might be something to consider.

My mom had an iPhone for about a week that I helped her with, that is the most exposure I've had to the iPhone. It was a nice phone, took better pictures than most phones do, but not better than my Rezound. Seemed a bit basic to me. Screen is obviously considerably smaller on the iPhone. I think battery life is better on the iPhone, but as I joke with a co-worker, it does less so it uses less power.

They're quite a bit different animals, can you stop by a store and mess with an iPhone? That might tell you if it is something you want. It's not for me. Too basic, standard, small, etc.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah I think I can stop by and play with an iPhone. I do live in a 4g area so that would be a negative.

ROM
    CleanRom 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by TimV28 View Post
    I have an opportunity to pick up an iPhone 4 and make money off my rezound. Does anyone know what the pros and cons of each device would be?
    Id keep the Rezound and sell the iPhone...IMO the Rezound can do so much more and there are people out there willing to spend the money for a iPhone, furthermore, you can get much more for the iPhone than the Rezound despite the Rezound being a better phone...its all about whats trendy...people want that Apple decal on their phone lol

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts

The iPhone does not have 4G. I just gave up my 4s for a rezound. They are totally different devices but the 4s does have super battery life. But I was really wanting to return to android
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

iPhone Pros:
    Everything is smooth/works out of the box
    Great battery life
    Walled Garden(some people like that)
    Decent Camera
    Retina Display

iPhone Cons:
    Small screen
    Lack of 4G
    Little to no free apps
    Walled garden(Some people don't like it)
    Crappy antennas
    iTunes(which should end the comparison)
    Genius Bar
    No SD Slot
    No user serviceable battery

Rezound Pros:
    4.3" 720p very bright screen
    Beats audio
    Works out of the box(unlike some android phones)
    Very good 8MP camera with dual LED flash
    4GLTE
    64GB SD Card slot capacity
    Extended battery capability
    Strongest radios on Verizon(in my opinion)
    Sense(Some people like it)
    Very easily unlocked
    Tons of free apps in the Android Market

Rezound Cons:
    4G kills battery life
    Screen time kills battery life
    Sense(Some people hate it)

Now that's about as fair as I get it. I know personally the only thing the Rezound could do better would be to live longer on battery.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
    trivor likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I think that we are going to see an uptick of about 20% with ICS as far as the battery life goes. I BEAT my battery yesterday (switched ROMs twice, set the phone up 1.5 times, tried out some launcher stuff) and it lasted a good 8 hours. Full LTE, Full Bright.
    Thanked by:
    dee632 

From someone who traded a Rezound for an iPhone and came back to the Rezound, it's all going to be about personal choice. Most of the pros and cons you see here are right. Some people really love the way the iPhone works. I couldn't stand it. I hated the iPhone keyboard. Twitter is fully integrated into ios 5, but most other programs are not. For instance, I use kik messenger to send IMs. On Android you can go to the gallery and press Share, and you can upload or share your pics to any number of services you have installed, including kik. It wasn't that easy to share using the iPhone unless you were sharing to twitter.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

No one mentioned the iPhone being almost 2 years old. That alone is why I wouldn't make the switch...I wouldn't even consider it unless it was a 4s. But even then my personal preference and heavy addiction to flashing ROMs keeps me firmly in the Android world.

One upside to the iPhone I don't recall seeing is that there are ba-gillions of cases/accessories for it. The Rezound, not so much, but the Rezound hardware and overall experience is worth way more than accessories in my opinion.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Iphone cons.... A sea of icons. No desktop. No true multitasking. Gawd awful boring. Old non evolving tech. A dressed up app drawer.

Harsh. I own a big iphone. Called the New iPad. Tablet is a different animal but I can't imagine using an iphone over an android.

One more thing.... If you have an exchange account get used to unlocking your phone all the time. They have nothing like Nitrodesk's Touchdown.

Sent from my hooka via hash cloud.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I ended up keeping the rezound. The pros to the iPhone could not outweigh the Cons of the rezound. That and I did not realize the iPhone only had a 3.5 inch screen, I thought it was at least 4 inches.

I have a rezound and the wife has an iPhone 4s.
    I find it completely frustrating whenever you try to do something that Steve Jobs didn't really want you doing on his phone.
    The rezound has fewer of those limitations but at least they are imposed by paranoia at Verizon and not megalomania at Apple.
    Apple wins on accessories but loses on that stupid proprietary plug.
    Galaxy nexus!

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4

I would only trade out a Rezound for a 4s not a 4 because then u can resell the 4s if you dislike it for alot more than the Rezound

Global Posts
    10,631 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Pick an OS, they are both old, doesn't matter spec wise, they are both beat severely. Get the OS you like.

iPhones suck

Nobody mentioned flash...I love having flash on my phone, it kinda bridges the gap between my laptop...iPhones can't do that. And FREE Navigation!

There are many reasons but to me the biggest reason I hate iPhones is because I don't want to be like everyone else...literally 90% of the people I work with have iPhones and a lot of them I've tried to talk off the ledge to no avail because getting an iPhone right now is the cool thing to do...they think facetime and group conversations are something special to their iPhones, its pretty amazing how wetarded(sorry had to edit) they are and how they don't understand what they are missing with Android. I stereotype people by their phones sometimes...and if you have an iPhone you are basically a doucher in my book...so yes I work with A LOT of douchers.

One thing I will give the iPhone is its reliability...but when you've been making virtually the same product for, what, at least 5 or 6 years, it better be reliable.

Lets not forget far better GPS and removable battery for the Rezound

Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by jonvito2 View Post
    iPhones suck

Nobody mentioned flash...I love having flash on my phone, it kinda bridges the gap between my laptop...iPhones can't do that. And FREE Navigation!

There are many reasons but to me the biggest reason I hate iPhones is because I don't want to be like everyone else...literally 90% of the people I work with have iPhones and a lot of them I've tried to talk off the ledge to no avail because getting an iPhone right now is the cool thing to do...they think facetime and group conversations are something special to their iPhones, its pretty amazing how wetarded(sorry had to edit) they are and how they don't understand what they are missing with Android. I stereotype people by their phones sometimes...and if you have an iPhone you are basically a doucher in my book...so yes I work with A LOT of douchers.

One thing I will give the iPhone is its reliability...but when you've been making virtually the same product for, what, at least 5 or 6 years, it better be reliable.
    That's pretty harsh. Why can't the iPhone be for them? I mean not everyone likes ice cream. Hard to imagine but, especially with few hundred dollar investment people have to come to their own conclusion. Otherwise aren't you just a herder for another flock of iSheep?

Android is all about openness and choice. So let people have their choice. I agree that I believe Android to be the superior platform for a number of reasons, but that doesn't make me right and an iPhone user wrong. To each their own... Live and let live... Klaatu barada nikto
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

Perhaps my strong bias against iOS comes from my reliance on widgets. My phone is full of them and as long as most of them are Sense, the phone is still snappy. I can get an overview of all I need to know in just a few seconds. With the iphone you gotta launch an app each time. That point is hammered home each time I fire up the New iPad. It just seems it takes longer to do everything. But clearly iOS has the lead in apps still, which is why I buy the iPad. And android still feels sluggish with ICS on my Xoom.

Sent from my hooka via hash cloud.

ROM
    Viper

Ios is a one size fits all equation. If that size fits you then sure why not I guess. Android not only varies size, but comfort and ability as well. And you can even make lots of adjustments after you get it.

And also, it seems your Idevise is dead to apple if you jailbreak, but an unlocked and rooted android is only punished if your meddling caused the problem.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

ROM
    CleanRom 4.5 Pro

I have found iOS to be very difficult to use (maybe difficult is not the right word - user unfriendly is probably more apt) - it's a pretty inconsistent operating system. For example, when you want to back out of a screen in an app in android, you hit the back button. If you want to back out of an app in iOS, you have to hunt inside the app for a back button (they allow the devs to decide where to put this - it varies from app to app), or hit the actual button on the phone to go home and then go back into the app from scratch. That right there, is enough for me to stay with Android. I love widgets and the ability to hide your app shortcuts in an app drawer - iOS has none and other than folders, you cannot hide app shortcuts - iOS is one big app drawer. I like the hackability of this operating system - yes, you can hack iOS as well, but it's not nearly the same experience. Google Nav is SO much better than anything on iOS - I had a caravan full of GPS and iPhone users following me to a restaurant the other day b/c everyone had gotten lost on the way to the meeting spot with their navigation devices/maps on (true story).

That said, my wife LOVES her 4S and hated her two android phones and thinks I'm crazy for staying with Android. It is 100% about personal preference. The ONE thing that kills me about this Rezound is the battery life. I carry an extra battery when I need it, but my OCD always tugs at me when I see the battery life draining right in front of my eyes. I was on my daughter's iPad the other day and was at 100% battery life with the screen on for like 25 minutes. That would never happen with my Rezound. It's the one thing that makes me go "GRRRRR".
    lpt2569 likes this.

ROM
    CleanRom 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    iPhone Pros:

Rezound Pros:
    64GB SD Card slot capacity
    Is this true? I thought it would only accept 32

Global Posts
    1,833 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Quote Originally Posted by mtbhk44 View Post
    Is this true? I thought it would only accept 32
    It is true. there is a post on here commenting on the card he used to get it working. nothing special had to be done..
    Thanked by:

Pros for the Rezound:

Swiftkey

Period.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast