Email client suggestions

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering what suggestions you all have for an email client that handles numerous accounts?

Thank you!!!

kstoutdog

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't the stock app support multiple accounts with a unified inbox? Why the need for a 3rd party app... Other than push support...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't the stock app support multiple accounts with a unified inbox? Why the need for a 3rd party app... Other than push support...

The stock app does handle multiple accounts, but it is sluggish. Just wanting to see if there is something better.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
It also stops sync'ing on it's own amongst other things. K-9, Kaiten, or Enhanced email are my suggestions.

I use Kaiten but it is practically the same as K9 though I think with better tablet compatibility. I also purchased Enhanced Email and it is good also. Simpler menu system compared to Kaiten or K9 and it is also the only email app I know of circumvents Exchange's phone lock system. Supposedly the IT people at your workplace can't see that you've done it but still.....I felt uncomfortable doing that so I use Touchdown. I think Enhanced is half price on Amazon compared to Google Play. Anyway I think these three are best.

Sent from my hookah via hash cloud

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I use Kaiten but it is practically the same as K9 though I think with better tablet compatibility. I also purchased Enhanced Email and it is good also. Simpler menu system compared to Kaiten or K9 and it is also the only email app I know of circumvents Exchange's phone lock system. Supposedly the IT people at your workplace can't see that you've done it but still.....I felt uncomfortable doing that so I use Touchdown. I think Enhanced is half price on Amazon compared to Google Play. Anyway I think these three are best.

Sent from my hookah via hash cloud

There's no supposedly about it. I am IT and it completely undetectable.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Well the developer himself said it was undetectable. I can confirm it works. No lock screen. However he has said he plans to phase this out. So if you want to use that feature you'll want to save the app at some point and not update it. Touchdown only locks the app instead of the entire phone which is a big plus in my book.

Sent from my hooka via hash cloud.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all of you who suggested K9.

I was having all kinds of problems with apps deleting my mail from the server, even when I checked it to not delete from server.

K9 has an additional sync setting (among lots and lots of settings) that has solved my problem.

For those who I sent a PM to yesterday, thank you again for your time!