Wife's Rezound won't take a charge anymore

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Suddenly, yesterday, my wife's Rezound won't take any charge. The red light won't even come on. Is this a known issue? Just a defective connector?

She is taking it to the Verizon store today, but I always like to ask here first because the workers there tend to have no clue.

Thanks!

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, we tried different cords and plugs and in each my phone charged fine, but not hers. Does sound like a busted port.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, we tried different cords and plugs and in each my phone charged fine, but not hers. Does sound like a busted port.

Most likely, but is the battery dead? cause there's a chance the battery could be a dud that just won't take a charge anymore

sent from my BAMF! reZound via tapatalk 2

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Suddenly, yesterday, my wife's Rezound won't take any charge. The red light won't even come on. Is this a known issue? Just a defective connector?

She is taking it to the Verizon store today, but I always like to ask here first because the workers there tend to have no clue.
Thanks!

Let me save you the trip, *ahem* "Try a factory reset."
However, they might give you a replacement phone, which I cannot do.

Reactions: MrSmith317

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Most likely, but is the battery dead? cause there's a chance the battery could be a dud that just won't take a charge anymore

sent from my BAMF! reZound via tapatalk 2

Ah, hadn't thought about that, that is definitely possible. I will make sure that they try a replacement battery before assuming that it is the port and want to replace it.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Let me save you the trip, *ahem* "Try a factory reset."
However, they might give you a replacement phone, which I cannot do.

Ah, I thought about that, but they can't do a factory reset if the phone is still dead!! :0)

I always lie when I go in with a problem and tell them I already did the factory reset . . .

I need to let her know NOT let them talk her into a used replacement. The phone is only a couple months old, she should get a new one if it is a hardware issue.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I thought about that, but they can't do a factory reset if the phone is still dead!! :0)

I always lie when I go in with a problem and tell them I already did the factory reset . . .

I need to let her know NOT let them talk her into a used replacement. The phone is only a couple months old, she should get a new one if it is a hardware issue.

If you pull the battery and plug in the phone do you get the "please insert the battery" message?

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
If you pull the battery and plug in the phone do you get the "please insert the battery" message?

Don't know, since she is now at work with her phone. I should have thought of that too! Hopefully someone at the store will. I might need to call them and give them some help before she gets there!

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
You also can't give him a severe headache, waste an hour of his life and then charge him for it. Well unless you work for Verizon.

You know, I had a friend who worked at Verizon. Even off work, he still gave me headaches and wasted hours of my life. I think those might be qualities they look for before hiring.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Fyi, from a legal perspective, Verizon is not required to replace the phone under warranty, only the manufacturer is. Verizon provides clnr as a courtesy during the warranty period. If you are within the return period, then you should be able to get a new one, I got a new retail box replacement under my 90 days return policy from Costco. Of course, return policy varies depending on where you bought it. You can also send it directly to HTC and they will fix your phone and send it back.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Fyi, from a legal perspective, Verizon is not required to replace the phone under warranty, only the manufacturer is. Verizon provides clnr as a courtesy during the warranty period. If you are within the return period, then you should be able to get a new one, I got a new retail box replacement under my 90 days return policy from Costco. Of course, return policy varies depending on where you bought it. You can also send it directly to HTC and they will fix your phone and send it back.

I thought Verizon was giving you a permanent loaner. Because Verizon doesn't send it's phones back to HTC, they send them to Asurion to be rehab'd/refurb'd.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
We didn't have Assurion, and the phone was out of the return window. But here is what happened. My wife called me to come down there since things were not going well. I guess a couple of the pins were missing and they were saying that this was damage caused by her, so they couldn't do anything. My wife informed them that the pins had been loose since the beginning, the chargers kept falling out, never seating tightly and not all cords would even work. I do remember her talking about this problem, but forgot about it entirely since she just made do. So, basically, the unit was defective when we got it.

They got obstinate and said that we should have raised the issue right away and that, by waiting, we forfeited any right to complain about it now that some of the pins actually came out. They said, further, that there was no way to determine whether we were telling the truth about the pins having been loose. There was a fairly heated exchange in which I pointed out that we had, over the last couple years bought two Incredibles, a Droid, a Thunderbolt, a Razr Maxx, a Nexus and a Rezound and that we are good customers and should be given the benefit of the doubt and not be punished for trying to make a defective product work.

In the end, they agreed to order a replacement to come overnight, and we would send back the existing phone. But they warned that Verizon may see the lack of pins and want to charge the full price of the phone. At which point I will call them directly and deal with it.

So, we will see.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Although I do see your point they are mostly correct. Any product you buy from anywhere you should not make do. If it's not working properly take it back and complain. good job on making them get you a new one though

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree, and if I had known it was an ongoing problem, I would have taken it in. But she figured that was normal and didn't say anything else until it just stopped working. And I agreed with their point that we should have brought it in immediately. My argument was that there were two parties at fault, them for selling us a defective product and us for not bringing it in sooner. I told them that there's was the bigger fault and that, even if they could stick to the strict letter of the contract, that was not the right thing to do.

It got pretty heated and I am afraid I made a bit of a scene, but they were not even showing any remorse over selling a defective product. They were very dismissive, which ticked me off more than it should have.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought Verizon was giving you a permanent loaner. Because Verizon doesn't send it's phones back to HTC, they send them to Asurion to be rehab'd/refurb'd.

The clnrs that I have received in the past have all had the PCD sticker, indicating that it went through PCD, the same source that handles HTC warranty. I haven't seen anything to indicate that it goes to Asurion, at least on the clnrs that I got.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't worry, I haven't heard of anyone being charged for sending back a phone with defective or missing pins. That charge is more for people who have phones with cracks or substantial physical damage or took it for a swim.

Did you confirm that you will get a new retail box replacement? Normally warrantied phones through verizon are clnr.

We didn't have Assurion, and the phone was out of the return window. But here is what happened. My wife called me to come down there since things were not going well. I guess a couple of the pins were missing and they were saying that this was damage caused by her, so they couldn't do anything. My wife informed them that the pins had been loose since the beginning, the chargers kept falling out, never seating tightly and not all cords would even work. I do remember her talking about this problem, but forgot about it entirely since she just made do. So, basically, the unit was defective when we got it.

They got obstinate and said that we should have raised the issue right away and that, by waiting, we forfeited any right to complain about it now that some of the pins actually came out. They said, further, that there was no way to determine whether we were telling the truth about the pins having been loose. There was a fairly heated exchange in which I pointed out that we had, over the last couple years bought two Incredibles, a Droid, a Thunderbolt, a Razr Maxx, a Nexus and a Rezound and that we are good customers and should be given the benefit of the doubt and not be punished for trying to make a defective product work.

In the end, they agreed to order a replacement to come overnight, and we would send back the existing phone. But they warned that Verizon may see the lack of pins and want to charge the full price of the phone. At which point I will call them directly and deal with it.

So, we will see.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

So, we will see.

Oh my goodnes ... what a mess! Too bad you didn't have the insurance. It would have cost you $100 but you would have gotten a new phone with all the accessories including the beats buds.

I hope Verizon doesn't give you a hard time when it inspects the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox