Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

Default Wife's Rezound won't take a charge anymore

Suddenly, yesterday, my wife's Rezound won't take any charge. The red light won't even come on. Is this a known issue? Just a defective connector?

She is taking it to the Verizon store today, but I always like to ask here first because the workers there tend to have no clue.

Thanks!
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: Wife's Rezound won't take a charge anymore

Try a different wall adapter(Not USB charging), if that doesn't work then yeah it could be a broken USB port.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

Yes, we tried different cords and plugs and in each my phone charged fine, but not hers. Does sound like a busted port.

Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Yes, we tried different cords and plugs and in each my phone charged fine, but not hers. Does sound like a busted port.
    Most likely, but is the battery dead? cause there's a chance the battery could be a dud that just won't take a charge anymore

sent from my BAMF! reZound via tapatalk 2
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Suddenly, yesterday, my wife's Rezound won't take any charge. The red light won't even come on. Is this a known issue? Just a defective connector?

She is taking it to the Verizon store today, but I always like to ask here first because the workers there tend to have no clue.
    Thanks!
    Let me save you the trip, *ahem* "Try a factory reset."
    However, they might give you a replacement phone, which I cannot do.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    Most likely, but is the battery dead? cause there's a chance the battery could be a dud that just won't take a charge anymore

sent from my BAMF! reZound via tapatalk 2
    Ah, hadn't thought about that, that is definitely possible. I will make sure that they try a replacement battery before assuming that it is the port and want to replace it.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    You also can't give him a severe headache, waste an hour of his life and then charge him for it. Well unless you work for Verizon.

-Walt Disney
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    Ah, I thought about that, but they can't do a factory reset if the phone is still dead!! :0)

I always lie when I go in with a problem and tell them I already did the factory reset . . .

I need to let her know NOT let them talk her into a used replacement. The phone is only a couple months old, she should get a new one if it is a hardware issue.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Ah, I thought about that, but they can't do a factory reset if the phone is still dead!! :0)

I always lie when I go in with a problem and tell them I already did the factory reset . . .

I need to let her know NOT let them talk her into a used replacement. The phone is only a couple months old, she should get a new one if it is a hardware issue.
    If you pull the battery and plug in the phone do you get the "please insert the battery" message?

-Walt Disney
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    If you pull the battery and plug in the phone do you get the "please insert the battery" message?
    Don't know, since she is now at work with her phone. I should have thought of that too! Hopefully someone at the store will. I might need to call them and give them some help before she gets there!
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You also can't give him a severe headache, waste an hour of his life and then charge him for it. Well unless you work for Verizon.
    You know, I had a friend who worked at Verizon. Even off work, he still gave me headaches and wasted hours of my life. I think those might be qualities they look for before hiring.
    skatergirl and chevyman29 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

It is on the application under special qualifications

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Fyi, from a legal perspective, Verizon is not required to replace the phone under warranty, only the manufacturer is. Verizon provides clnr as a courtesy during the warranty period. If you are within the return period, then you should be able to get a new one, I got a new retail box replacement under my 90 days return policy from Costco. Of course, return policy varies depending on where you bought it. You can also send it directly to HTC and they will fix your phone and send it back.

Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Fyi, from a legal perspective, Verizon is not required to replace the phone under warranty, only the manufacturer is. Verizon provides clnr as a courtesy during the warranty period. If you are within the return period, then you should be able to get a new one, I got a new retail box replacement under my 90 days return policy from Costco. Of course, return policy varies depending on where you bought it. You can also send it directly to HTC and they will fix your phone and send it back.
    I thought Verizon was giving you a permanent loaner. Because Verizon doesn't send it's phones back to HTC, they send them to Asurion to be rehab'd/refurb'd.

-Walt Disney
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

We didn't have Assurion, and the phone was out of the return window. But here is what happened. My wife called me to come down there since things were not going well. I guess a couple of the pins were missing and they were saying that this was damage caused by her, so they couldn't do anything. My wife informed them that the pins had been loose since the beginning, the chargers kept falling out, never seating tightly and not all cords would even work. I do remember her talking about this problem, but forgot about it entirely since she just made do. So, basically, the unit was defective when we got it.

They got obstinate and said that we should have raised the issue right away and that, by waiting, we forfeited any right to complain about it now that some of the pins actually came out. They said, further, that there was no way to determine whether we were telling the truth about the pins having been loose. There was a fairly heated exchange in which I pointed out that we had, over the last couple years bought two Incredibles, a Droid, a Thunderbolt, a Razr Maxx, a Nexus and a Rezound and that we are good customers and should be given the benefit of the doubt and not be punished for trying to make a defective product work.

In the end, they agreed to order a replacement to come overnight, and we would send back the existing phone. But they warned that Verizon may see the lack of pins and want to charge the full price of the phone. At which point I will call them directly and deal with it.

So, we will see.

Global Posts
    1,833 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Although I do see your point they are mostly correct. Any product you buy from anywhere you should not make do. If it's not working properly take it back and complain. good job on making them get you a new one though
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

I agree, and if I had known it was an ongoing problem, I would have taken it in. But she figured that was normal and didn't say anything else until it just stopped working. And I agreed with their point that we should have brought it in immediately. My argument was that there were two parties at fault, them for selling us a defective product and us for not bringing it in sooner. I told them that there's was the bigger fault and that, even if they could stick to the strict letter of the contract, that was not the right thing to do.

It got pretty heated and I am afraid I made a bit of a scene, but they were not even showing any remorse over selling a defective product. They were very dismissive, which ticked me off more than it should have.

I thought Verizon was giving you a permanent loaner. Because Verizon doesn't send it's phones back to HTC, they send them to Asurion to be rehab'd/refurb'd.
    The clnrs that I have received in the past have all had the PCD sticker, indicating that it went through PCD, the same source that handles HTC warranty. I haven't seen anything to indicate that it goes to Asurion, at least on the clnrs that I got.

I wouldn't worry, I haven't heard of anyone being charged for sending back a phone with defective or missing pins. That charge is more for people who have phones with cracks or substantial physical damage or took it for a swim.

Did you confirm that you will get a new retail box replacement? Normally warrantied phones through verizon are clnr.

We didn't have Assurion, and the phone was out of the return window. But here is what happened. My wife called me to come down there since things were not going well. I guess a couple of the pins were missing and they were saying that this was damage caused by her, so they couldn't do anything. My wife informed them that the pins had been loose since the beginning, the chargers kept falling out, never seating tightly and not all cords would even work. I do remember her talking about this problem, but forgot about it entirely since she just made do. So, basically, the unit was defective when we got it.

They got obstinate and said that we should have raised the issue right away and that, by waiting, we forfeited any right to complain about it now that some of the pins actually came out. They said, further, that there was no way to determine whether we were telling the truth about the pins having been loose. There was a fairly heated exchange in which I pointed out that we had, over the last couple years bought two Incredibles, a Droid, a Thunderbolt, a Razr Maxx, a Nexus and a Rezound and that we are good customers and should be given the benefit of the doubt and not be punished for trying to make a defective product work.

In the end, they agreed to order a replacement to come overnight, and we would send back the existing phone. But they warned that Verizon may see the lack of pins and want to charge the full price of the phone. At which point I will call them directly and deal with it.

So, we will see.
    Lovin' My Phone

So, we will see.
    Oh my goodnes ... what a mess! Too bad you didn't have the insurance. It would have cost you $100 but you would have gotten a new phone with all the accessories including the beats buds.

I hope Verizon doesn't give you a hard time when it inspects the phone.
    ~Janet~

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

So, we will see.
    These are complaints I see all the time. Customers need to realize that they are not always right. There is no way, if not previously shown, for them to be certain that the damage was a defect and not mishandling. That type of damage is not uncommon and can be caused by many things like jamming the plug, picking the phone up by the cord, etc. Not to say that was the case here, just showing that you need to understand their skepticism.
    If customers would see, on a daily basis, the number of people that "didn't drop the phone" "didn't do anything" "didn't make that call" "didn't subscribe to that service" etc. they would have a little more understanding as to why this can go in one ear and out the other. In the end, sometimes the customer has to take some responsibility, once an issue is noticed it should be reported.
    Two things to take away, 1. getting "heated" will never solve anything and actually make your situation worse, 2. one of the worst things you can do is try to leverage with how many phones you've bought, how long you have been a customer, how much you pay each month, etc each situation is different and has different guidelines to be followed and these don't do anything to change that.
    /end rant
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by cmandd View Post
    These are complaints I see all the time. Customers need to realize that they are not always right. There is no way, if not previously shown, for them to be certain that the damage was a defect and not mishandling. That type of damage is not uncommon and can be caused by many things like jamming the plug, picking the phone up by the cord, etc. Not to say that was the case here, just showing that you need to understand their skepticism.
    If customers would see, on a daily basis, the number of people that "didn't drop the phone" "didn't do anything" "didn't make that call" "didn't subscribe to that service" etc. they would have a little more understanding as to why this can go in one ear and out the other. In the end, sometimes the customer has to take some responsibility, once an issue is noticed it should be reported.
    Two things to take away, 1. getting "heated" will never solve anything and actually make your situation worse, 2. one of the worst things you can do is try to leverage with how many phones you've bought, how long you have been a customer, how much you pay each month, etc each situation is different and has different guidelines to be followed and these don't do anything to change that.
    /end rant
    I seriously get that a lot of people don't want to take any personal responsibility for their actions, but to say that a long term customer should not leverage his or her business to get what he or she wants, in my opinion, is short sighted on your part.

If a company wants to retain its good customers, then sometimes the company needs to bend. If not, there are other companies that can provide the same service to that long term customer who spends plenty of bucks each year buying service from that company.

If Vance had a history of not taking responsibility, that would be one thing. But you seem to be lumping him into a category of ugly and dishonest and I am not sure who you are to come out here and scold him.

Oh, and just for your information, I have leveraged my long term customer history with Verizon and yes, I have gotten what I wanted. So, to Vance, I say continue to stick up for yourself.
    ~Janet~
    Thanked by 2:
    thedan862 and chevyman29 like this.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    So, to Vance, I say continue to stick up for yourself.
    I'd debate that it is not "sticking up for yourself". He was using the amount of phones/years to say they should just believe him. When you are outside of the return period, the burden of proof lies on you to show it was not damage, not on the store rep to prove that it was.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I wouldn't worry, I haven't heard of anyone being charged for sending back a phone with defective or missing pins. That charge is more for people who have phones with cracks or substantial physical damage or took it for a swim.

Did you confirm that you will get a new retail box replacement? Normally warrantied phones through verizon are clnr.
    I agree with the above statement. As long as there is no water damage and the screen isn't obliterated, you are good to go.

As far as leveraging year/customer loyalty.

Hell yeah!. Many moons ago you always took care of your best customers. Why? Because they are the ones that say how great you have always been. Now if a long term customer is nothing but a PITA, then you let them become someone elses headache.

I have leveraged my 5 phones and my 15+ years with the variations of verizon over the course of the Fascinate fiasco and with a few other smaller things.

What I have learned is that if the issue comes to that point, you do not do it with level 1, they will just dig in. You do it with level 2, they are the ones that are more "lifer" prone and actually care a bit
    skatergirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I agree with the above statement. As long as there is no water damage and the screen isn't obliterated, you are good to go.

As far as leveraging year/customer loyalty.

Hell yeah!. Many moons ago you always took care of your best customers. Why? Because they are the ones that say how great you have always been. Now if a long term customer is nothing but a PITA, then you let them become someone elses headache.

I have leveraged my 5 phones and my 15+ years with the variations of verizon over the course of the Fascinate fiasco and with a few other smaller things.

What I have learned is that if the issue comes to that point, you do not do it with level 1, they will just dig in. You do it with level 2, they are the ones that are more "lifer" prone and actually care a bit
    So in a nutshell, Level 1= Gestapo & Level 2= The Get Along Gang
    skatergirl likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast