D-Inc 4G LTE with ICS = Rezound ICS release?

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
So, it appears Verizon will release an HTC product with Sense 4.0 and ICS within the next few weeks. Shouldn't that mean an official HTC S4.0/ICS upgrade should also be available for our phone at that time too?

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Probably not. The releases are finalized through the carriers not through HTC. I am not saying it wont happen just not likely.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes. And the DInc 4G S4.0/ICS would be carrier approved by Verizon. So Verizon would have an approved ICS for HTC phones.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The two devices are not related in anyway and Verizon already has ICS phones on the network. Just because one is coming out does not mean that we are getting our upgrade.

We also are not supposed to get Sense 4 with the ICS upgrade. We are only supposed to go to S3.6

anopp9371

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Went to my Verizon store today to talk to a rep that owns a Rezound. He wasn't there but the other rep said ICS would be pushed out on Tuesday 5/15. As always, we'll see/believe when it happens.

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I would hope that the15th would give us an update but we have been mislead so much. I will believe it when it happens also.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
The only certainty on the 15th is the Kings are kicking the Coyotes' asses again. :D Everything else is a slim chance at best.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So, it appears Verizon will release an HTC product with Sense 4.0 and ICS within the next few weeks. Shouldn't that mean an official HTC S4.0/ICS upgrade should also be available for our phone at that time too?

As it's been cited, if your locked and unrooted, you'll recieve Sense 3.6 / ICS 4.0.3 in the ota. However, a slightly modded version of Sense 4.0 can be used via custom rom. Should you choose to unlock and root. Devs have already ported Sense 4.0 for use on the Rezound. Several are in circulation and available for flashing, as we speak. Sense 4.0 wil not be found on any HTC phone released before the One Series debut. At least not through official channels, anyhow.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Absolutely not. ICS has been leaked for the Rezound and is still not 100% perfect. Not to say that it will be perfect when it's released but still... The rumors have flown rampant about the Rezound's ICS update and it will come when it comes. Not a second sooner.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
ICS has been leaked for the Rezound and is still not 100% perfect.

True...I am still experiencing the non responsive links when using the browser (Stock and Dolphin) on the most recent leak. When I click an image or a link on a webpage, it doesn't respond...going back and refreshing responds but that's it. Hopefully that not an issue with the official OTA update or next leak, if any.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
True...I am still experiencing the non responsive links when using the browser (Stock and Dolphin) on the most recent leak. When I click an image or a link on a webpage, it doesn't respond...going back and refreshing responds but that's it. Hopefully that not an issue with the official OTA update or next leak, if any.

That's interesting, I had that complaint with both of them on the oem rom when I bought my Rez. in Nov. Can't say that I've experienced that in either of them on any of the custom ICS roms I've used. I've seen a slight lag in the stock ICS browser w/ onscreen touches but nothing at all like the GB browser had. Haven't noticed any probs in Dolphin on ICS, although I've slowly grown more fond of using the stock browser over Dolphin, of late.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
That's interesting, I had that complaint with both of them on the oem rom when I bought my Rez. in Nov. Can't say that I've experienced that in either of them on any of the custom ICS roms I've used. I've seen a slight lag in the stock ICS browser w/ onscreen touches but nothing at all like the GB browser had. Haven't noticed any probs in Dolphin on ICS, although I've slowly grown more fond of using the stock browser over Dolphin, of late.

Yeah it was really weird...happen on leak #1 and #3 but do not recall it happening on #2. I would just restart the browser and it seems to resolve the issue. I am torn between the Stock and Dolphin browser...I find myself using both but the problem I've always had with the Stock browser is it never seems to completely back out, or close. I would be several pages into a browsing session and whether I hit the back button numerous time to get back to the desktop, or kill the session thru the settings, when I re open it, it opens to one of the pages I was on and not the home screen as expected...with Dolphin, it backs all the way out and erases everything on exit, but not as responsive. There is probably a better browser app out there, just haven't done the research yet.

TrajDroid

May 16, 2012
Visit site
well i was just told today and had a link sent to me to motorolas ics upgrade site from Big Reds costumer service saying the Rezound isn't even on the list of phones to be upgraded and nobody should have told anyone that at all. I think they're a bunch of liars for sales. And now were all screwed. They also told me that HTC will say anything to sell phones also.:':)':)':)'(

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
well i was just told today and had a link sent to me to motorolas ics upgrade site from Big Reds costumer service saying the Rezound isn't even on the list of phones to be upgraded and nobody should have told anyone that at all. I think they're a bunch of liars for sales. And now were all screwed. They also told me that HTC will say anything to sell phones also.:':)':)':)'(

total b.s. the ICS leaks for the Rezound prove the information you're repeating is so full of b.s. the claim is actually funny.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Reading these threads over and over everyday makes me even happier everyday that I really don't give a chit about ICS (at this time, with this phone).

Sounds too much like the posters on the Blackberry sites about the Playbook tab. :-!

TrajDroid

May 16, 2012
Visit site
no i agree it is BS but why bother putting costumers through crap like this...when they paid good money. All we want is honesty.

TrajDroid

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I just don't see the point. Why can't they just give us real info. Just be real with us and we won't be jumping up and down like crackheads.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I just don't see the point. Why can't they just give us real info. Just be real with us and we won't be jumping up and down like crackheads.

The jumping up and down is caused by people believing RUMORS. HTC and Verizon announced back in Jan or Feb that the Rezound would receive ICS "later this year". Ever since "leaked" docs have popped up stating releases here there and everywhere. Yet there hasn't been a word of official news. So if you'd like to stop jumping, stop listening to rumors and await an official statement.