Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Laza Zcell 3240mah HTC Rezound 4G Extended Battery + Back Cover

I know you get what you pay for (sometimes!!). But has anyone tried this battery/company?

Too good to be true?

Amazon.com: Laza Zcell 3240mah HTC Rezound 4G Extended Battery + Back Cover: Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Laza Zcell 3240mah HTC Rezound 4G Extended Battery + Back Cov

I saw this somewhere else recently, not sure where. A few people jumped on it without issue so far. I have had good luck with Generics and if I cannot find something on ebay within 2 weeks, I am grabbing this one.

personal, I would just get the genuine extend battery for $30.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

That thing reminds me of this big I saw on the MAD on the cartoon channel with my kids. The Voltron 9 LiON battery.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Is it possible that the battery can cause you not to get 4G? one negative review this morning

Quote Originally Posted by BigDNY View Post
    Is it possible that the battery can cause you not to get 4G? one negative review this morning
    No, but most likely, their is a problem with the back cover as the antennas for the rezound is in the back cover. If it is simply a problem with lte, then check the lte antennas

Still waiting for reviews of Mugen's 4000 mAh Extended Battery. I'd stick with HTC's OEM extended battery w/ battery door over this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

hmmm...i forgot that the antennae is in the back cover....yeah that just turned me off....

It really adds some bulk to the phone, I don't think I would like that.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I actually like the way it feels (I got to mess with the OEM hard case the other day) in the hand. Maybe I am just not one of those people that need the thinnest possible.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    hmmm...i forgot that the antennae is in the back cover....yeah that just turned me off....
    there are a number of reasons why i prefer not to buy non-oem batteries like potential safety and durability issues.

I learned my lesson with my Dinc... A Seidio standard battery caused a major malfunction. No more 3rd party batteries for me after that ordeal.

HTC Rezound running Scott's CleanROM

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Quote Originally Posted by Issemann View Post
    I learned my lesson with my Dinc... A Seidio standard battery caused a major malfunction. No more 3rd party batteries for me after that ordeal.

HTC Rezound running Scott's CleanROM
    Bummer. Sounds like you got a bunk battery... I used Seidio's 1750 mAh battery to replace the DInc's 1300 mAh (really, HTC? really?) and it worked flawlessly for 2 years -- the added bonus was the fact that it fit under the stock back cover.

i ordered one. i'm hoping it fits with the regular extended battery back which i have.

if not and the back that comes with it gets a lower signal with either 3g or 4g i will return it. i will have this battery on thursday to test and then post results.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

please do, I would be interested in hearing how it went

One question I keep forgetting to ask, with the extended back, does the phone still fit in the belt case? I use the Verizon belt clip and case.

This battery fits fine with the HTC extended battery door. Running on it now, will see how she does

I'm pretty happy with the HTC extended battery and cover. It was a deal at 50% off. Wonder if the stores are still selling them?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by jvolstad View Post
    I'm pretty happy with the HTC extended battery and cover. It was a deal at 50% off. Wonder if the stores are still selling them?
    VZ has it for 29.99

i am in a 3g only area and i have been switching the standard extended battery cover with the one branded Laza - which looks identical but for silver contacts and the logo.

i actually get a stronger signal with the Laza back on hovering around -65dbm whereas the stock extended cover goes from -81 to -71dbm.

i'll be in 4g coverage tomorrow and try to remember to test it there as well.

no signal issues at all with the laza back in 4g. virtually the same readings as the htc extended back.

ok so signal strength has been reported. summary is with Laza back better 3g dbm than the standard back by about -5dBm. 4G essentially the same.

how long does it last? well today I am on the second overnight full charge on this battery - day one it seemed to be ok a bit weaker than the HTC extended battery. day two it feels stronger than the HTC extended battery. very pleased.

will report back after another few overnight charges.

any update on this battery?

Just noticed that the back looks almost exactly like the OEM extended back cover.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...AL._SX300_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...TL._SX300_.jpg

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > OG Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r)

after a few days this battery really does feel noticeably better than the regular extended. on top of that it never gets hot. the temperature reading seems to be broken as it never changes from 70-71 degrees no matter what (using battery indicator pro) - however it has never gotten more than warm unlike my two regular extendeds.

very pleased with this purchase
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast