Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

If they do indeed force us off the unlimited plan, it won't surprise me in the least. Most likely, I'd switch carriers on principle, even though I'm only using between 2-3gb per month.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    Verizon says if you buy the phone from them at full price... What if I buy a phone from eBay or a friend or...... Will I still be allowed to retain my unlimited data???

Sent from my iPhone 4 (while my HTC Rezound charges! LOL ) using Tapatalk
    As long as you don't sign a new 2 year contract, then you can keep unlimited data.

Default Re: Verizon Rumor - Killing grandfathered unlimited plans

So as long as you keep the phone you have at the time your contract is up, you keep your unlimited? It was so odd seeing this article because just a couple weeks ago I was told that as long as when your do for an up grade and you stick with a "Smart Phone" or 4g I guess, that the grandfather thing was still valid. I'll leave before I pay for anything other than what I have now.
    Mr. Smith had a good point with going with a small company like cricket, All Tell etc.. Verizon has gotten out of control. Thanks all for the info you have added here. A lot I hadnt seen yet.
    This Is Your Life And Its Ending One Minute At A Time
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhem_Scream View Post
    So as long as you keep the phone you have at the time your contract is up, you keep your unlimited? It was so odd seeing this article because just a couple weeks ago I was told that as long as when your do for an up grade and you stick with a "Smart Phone" or 4g I guess, that the grandfather thing was still valid. I'll leave before I pay for anything other than what I have now.
    Mr. Smith had a good point with going with a small company like cricket, All Tell etc.. Verizon has gotten out of control. Thanks all for the info you have added here. A lot I hadnt seen yet.
    RIght now if you switch phones, you are grandfathered and keep the unlimited BUT 2 years from now when you upgrade again, you will be forced into a tiered plan.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhem_Scream View Post
    The problem is that the networks for those small companies suck. The only network worth anything that isn't run by a major player is US Cellular.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

I can't wait to see how they implement this whole shebang on multi-share plans. I've got 4 on my plan ranging from a clam, two 3G and my 4g. None have the same start/ end datr.

I saw comments on the AC article on the main page that encouraged people to contact VZ and complain. It dawned on me. Could this be what got this ball rolling on the subsidized phone end and bit us all on the rump. VZ listened to all the bloat complaints and chose not to alter the disabling of bloat w/ ICS. Could this be partial retaliation for loss of revenue on the back end b/c of that?

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Sad, people think they have unlimited data today, and have been unaware of throttling......oh well...., your days were up a year ago....
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

yeah those 3% of Verizon customers are sad....

You only get throttled under limited conditions and even when throttled, your speeds are only reduced on peak towers/times. Oh and you can still have as much data as you want (an unlimited amount if you will), they do not cut you off.

I would get it off eBay. Not their business. You'll be month to month. No contract. I don't plan to upgrade and lose my unlimited

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    yeah those 3% of Verizon customers are sad....

You only get throttled under limited conditions and even when throttled, your speeds are only reduced on peak towers/times. Oh and you can still have as much data as you want (an unlimited amount if you will), they do not cut you off.
    For real bro, double up that peperoni and wait until after nine.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    For real bro, double up that peperoni and wait until after nine.
    WTF? That made as much sense as your original statement

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    WTF? That made as much sense as your original statement
    Fair enough, double the anchovies...O'Clock....nine O'Clock... Jubus homer.

Sad, people think they have unlimited data today, and have been unaware of throttling......oh well...., your days were up a year ago....
    I downed 39GB last month and already goobbled down 26GB with 2 weeks to go on this cycle. I'm not sure how much you need to eat in order to get throttled but it's gotta be ridiculously high.
    Thanked by 2:
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Verizon has not ever throttled 4g devices.

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    I downed 39GB last month and already goobbled down 26GB with 2 weeks to go on this cycle. I'm not sure how much you need to eat in order to get throttled but it's gotta be ridiculously high.
    I thought 10 gigs of data on my end was pretty high... Do you tether and download torrents or newsboard posts? That can't only be netflix, HBO Go, and/or hulu can it?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Only 3g devices on unlimited data are network optimized. Also, with verizon network optimization, you could be verizon's heaviest user on a 3g device and still never be throttled, as it depends on network load at the specific tower.
    Last edited by dpham00; 05-20-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Verizon has not ever throttled 4g devices.

According to Verizon, they do not throttle, only network optimize.
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Network optimization affects the top 5% of unlimited data users on 3g devices, which, as of around august 2011 would be about 2gb. You can read more about it here.

http://m-support.verizonwireless.com/information/data_disclosure.html
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    According to Verizon, they do not throttle, only network optimize.
    Isn't that more semantics than anything else though in reality?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

It is semantic, sure. Lately I have been getting throttled hard. I use a lot of data, and honestly, I would rather pay a few more bucks for a guaranteed un throttled data amount. Using the cloud to stream my google music will have to be used judiciously, and I would do the majority of my data on wifi. At that point, a wifi only tab becomes highly desirable to me. Thank for the info everyone.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It is semantic, sure. Lately I have been getting throttled hard. I use a lot of data, and honestly, I would rather pay a few more bucks for a guaranteed un throttled data amount. Using the cloud to stream my google music will have to be used judiciously, and I would do the majority of my data on wifi. At that point, a wifi only tab becomes highly desirable to me. Thank for the info everyone.
    Dude. They do not throttle 4g devices. Period. They have even said so.

Thanked by:
    paul-c 

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    Isn't that more semantics than anything else though in reality?

No argument there, which is why I said according to Verizon...

They distinguish throttling as a hard cap, I.e. If you hit 3gb on att on 3g and some 4g devices, then you will be throttled. On verizon, they call it network optimization, so it depends on network load, so in theory, you may never be throttled, but also in theory, you may always be throttled even at your 1st byte into a new billing period if you are within the top 5%. Of course, all this applies only to 3g devices.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

How have you tested that you were throttled?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    How have you tested that you were throttled?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    What is there to test, have you ever been throttled? The difference is crystal clear.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast