So my rezound thinks it is a Thunderbolt???

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, another question for everyone, it seems my Rezound now thinks it is a Thunderbolt. Every app I get it says not compatible with this device, facebook will not allow me to find friends in my address book and any phone updates don't come through. Any help is cool

BTW, I am running ICS, but this problem was pre ics. According to big red, its the phone telling the system its a thunderbolt. Anyone have any ideas here? The phone works, just minor annoyances

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it has learned humility? :D

Have you tried clearing your cache and data on the Market/Play Store app? That should fix any issues with getting new apps.

Have you done anything to modify your build.prop file? Custom ROM?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
if your rooted you can fix it, not sure how off the top of my head but I have an idea and can do some reaserch...

EDIT: Have you called it any nasty names? I think it is feeling bad about itself and degrading itself because it is hurt.

Reactions: lpt2569

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Nope all is stock in the phone. One is Facebook scans your address book for contacts, I won't find them cause of the phone issue

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Nope all is stock in the phone. One is Facebook scans your address book for contacts, I won't find them cause of the phone issue
As if facebook weren't a grand enough Suck-n-Stalk Fest, the more recent releases of their Android app have really sucked. The reports of contact sync issue are seemingly endless. I remove it entirely when troubleshooting now. Did my fix for the Market/Play Store work?

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Did you upgrade from a Thunderbolt? Perhaps move the SIM card from a different phone?
Have you tried looking at your Verizon account online to see what kind of phone it shows that you have? Or checked the Google Market?

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
yeah take the FB app out of the equation.

go to settings, about, then hardware information. What does it say for model number. It should be something like:ADR6425