1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Issue with Rezound Headphone Jack

Ok, this is really bugging me, any help would be greatly appreciated. My Rezound has been working fine for months, but suddenly I am having a lot of problems with the headphones. If I have the headphones in (Not just the Beats Audio ones, ANY headphones) I cannot hear any media coming through them. I can hear voice if I'm on a call, but it will not play any media through the headphones. The media volume is not muted. Next, i realized that my phone is essentially muted if I try to take a call normally. In order to hear the other person and for them to hear me I have to put the phone on speaker, or have the headphones in!

Also, the headphone indicator is working properly (i.e. the symbol shows up when the headphones are plugged in and disappear when they are removed)

I'm thinking its a configuration issue and not the hardware, and I could probably try a factory data reset, but that is more of a last resort option. Can anyone explain what's going on and how I can fix it?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Sounds like hardware to me but you could try a data wipe one just the phone app and see if that clears the issue there. It is a place to start.

Are you rooted or running stock?

Rezound via Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Issue with Rezound Headphone Jack

Running stock
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Anything happen when you wiped the app?

Rezound via Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Backed everything up, wiped the phone. Everything seems to be working again

I had the same thing happen to me about a week after buying it. Couldn't figure out why. Factory reset fixed it.