Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

Default Rezound vs Incredible 4G LTE

Other than having 4.0 I still think the Rezound is better hands down. The specs alone on the Rezound is above it, especially the screen.

Still should be a good phone though!

Sent from Verizon HTC-R
    All Google.

ROM
    Viper

I want the s4 processor as well, but other than that its got nothing.

Now if it had a higher res screen and slightly higher specs overal this would be a different conversation. I would love it for its smaller form factor alone. It's a real shame no one will make a 4" screen high end phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Default Re: Rezound vs Incredible 4G LTE

Having been in IT for last 15 years I've learned you can base nothing on processor mhz . But I'm pretty sure the only reason they clocked the Rezound at1.5ghz is to help drive the higher resolution screen. Which would explain why even with the higher clock speed the Rezound doesn't perform as well in bench marks as other phones in it's gen.

My guess is the DINC4g will perform quite a bit faster in the benchmarks.

Maybe ICS will help? anyone have any benchmark before and after ICS?
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by AstroStrat89 View Post
    Having been in IT for last 15 years I've learned you can base nothing on processor mhz . But I'm pretty sure the only reason they clocked the Rezound at1.5ghz is to help drive the higher resolution screen. Which would explain why even with the higher clock speed the Rezound doesn't perform as well in bench marks as other phones in it's gen.

My guess is the DINC4g will perform quite a bit faster in the benchmarks.

Maybe ICS will help? anyone have any benchmark before and after ICS?
    The s3 chip is absolutely crap compared to the s4

sent from my BAMF! reZound via tapatalk 2
    I'm a superuser
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

The Rezound has a dedicated graphics chip.

I had the chance to do a side by side benchmark using antutu with my rooted Rezound vs a friends Transformer Prime, and the Rezound handled the graphics much better.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Another plus for the rezound is that it will be a fully supported world phone shortly

Rezound via Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Another plus the Inc4g should have over the Rezound is battery life. Smaller CPU die (28nm), integrated LTE radio on the chip, smaller screen with lower resolution, & larger battery. Plus the CPU is underclocked to help with battery life. While the resolution is lower, that resolution on a 4" screen should be pretty good. If they opted to use an SLCD2 like on the One X, it should be sweet. Just sayin'.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Quote Originally Posted by vzwuser76 View Post
    . While the resolution is lower, that resolution on a 4" screen should be pretty good. If they opted to use an SLCD2 like on the One X, it should be sweet. Just sayin'.
    The DINC 4G's screen is qHD Super LCD. I didn't pay too much attention to this phone when announced but the combination of the S4's chip performance and the fact that we know for sure the stock Rezound will never receive Sense 4.0 have me keeping an open mind.
    "I'm all jack'd up on Mountain Dew!"
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Another plus for the rezound is that it will be a fully supported world phone shortly

Rezound via Tapatalk 2
    Can't wait for that!

Sent from Verizon HTC-R
    All Google.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    I want the s4 processor as well, but other than that its got nothing.

Now if it had a higher res screen and slightly higher specs overal this would be a different conversation. I would love it for its smaller form factor alone. It's a real shame no one will make a 4" screen high end phone.

Yea my last phone was a G2x with a 4 inch screen and it felt like the perfect size for a screen.

Sent from Verizon HTC-R
    All Google.

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by MacHouse83 View Post
    Yea my last phone was a G2x with a 4 inch screen and it felt like the perfect size for a screen.

Sent from Verizon HTC-R
    I still say that a phone with a 4.3" screen with little to no bezel and slim form would be the perfict phone. These rediculous screen size phones are stupid to say the least. They are like small tablets with really crapy battery life.

Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vzwuser76 View Post
    Another plus the Inc4g should have over the Rezound is battery life. Smaller CPU die (28nm), integrated LTE radio on the chip, smaller screen with lower resolution, & larger battery. Plus the CPU is underclocked to help with battery life. While the resolution is lower, that resolution on a 4" screen should be pretty good. If they opted to use an SLCD2 like on the One X, it should be sweet. Just sayin'.

They have already said the S4 on Inc 4GLTE IS NOT an underclocked S4 - it is a 1.2 GHz S4 - people ASSumed it was underclocked because they couldn't find the exact chipset (YET) of the 1.2 S4. Other than that your points about the specs the Inc 4GLTE on right on - not to mention the more manageable size (4.8x2.5x.45 and 4.5 oz vs. 5.08x.2.7x.54 and 6 oz on the Rezound). The 720P, S3, non-integrated LTE chip set, smaller battery(1620) make for really mediocre battery life on the Rezound. Saying get the extended battery on an already big/fat phone is not a good solution. That being said, almost everyone on AC that has one (look at the forums) loves their Rezound - great screen, great radios (phone and LTE). Just way too big for me (all of the 4.3" phones are too big for my taste). I love my Dinc 2 and the Inc 4GLTE is going to be the perfect upgrade.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I love my fat rezound I plan on making it fatter. I will take a vw that does 150 over a Porsche that breaks down all the time. Not saying the inc2 will, just saying.

Rezound via Tapatalk 2
    veevans01 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,075 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I love my fat rezound I plan on making it fatter. I will take a vw that does 150 over a Porsche that breaks down all the time. Not saying the inc2 will, just saying.

Rezound via Tapatalk 2
    HUH?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I will take my rezound that is a little thicker over a phone that is thin and unreliable.

Rezound via Tapatalk 2
    Porsche has one better reliability records out there.

ROM
    Viper

Originally Posted by piizzadude

Rezound via Tapatalk 2
    Porsche has one better reliability records out there.
    And the fatal flaw of a motor that's almost behind the rear axel. Ahh Europeans and their ability to recognize and fix bad ideas over time:rolleyes:

Global Posts
    2,075 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I will take my rezound that is a little thicker over a phone that is thin and unreliable.
    The Incredible line is not unreliable. They are probably the most stable phone line over time on VZW.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    The Incredible line is not unreliable. They are probably the most stable phone line over time on VZW.
    If anything the rezound should have been badged as an incredible. It shares a similar design to the inc2, and the inc4g is going to have the exact same design, just smaller. I guess HTC thinks they have the Verizon customer figured out lol

O and I am pretty sure that the rezound has by far the best current track record as far as reliability goes.

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    As I stated in the rest of my post that you didn't quote, I wasn't talking about the incredible. Just in general. So far it has been hard to find fault with rezzy even if she is chunkier then let's say, the nexus. Let me correct that. The gnex.

Great now I invoked their name and all the iNexus* users will be here to tell us we suck. Hope you all are happy.

* trademark and copyright pending.

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

The only thing that the Rezound has over the Dinc4G is the screen, and that's only if you prefer a larger size. 4.3" would be optimal for me but I can live with 4". If you're worried about the pixel density, reviewers who have handled the phone say it is very sharp and on-par with the One X's screen.

The Dinc4G has a qHD screen which will be perfectly suitable for me and I probably won't even notice a difference. It also has the S4 processor, which should make it faster, and give much better battery life. NFC and Bluetooth 4.0 are also things the Rezound does not have, as well as ICS and Sense 4.0.
    Now that's just on the specs side, I remember holding the Rezound for the first time and thinking "Wow. This phone is really thick and heavy!". The Dinc4G will be thinner and ALOT lighter. This will make it easier to hold with one hand, and better for listening to music while exercising/jogging so you don't feel like your carrying an extra weight; Not to mention a lighter, thinner phone just feels better, and this phone isn't really too thin at all (It's actually considered to be on the thick side!).

I also think the 3 button layout looks aesthetically better, and it has a raised power button. The volume rocker might be easier to press as well. The downside to the 3 button layout is the menu button for some apps takes onscreen space, but this will easily be fixed by rooting and messing around with a few files. Also, it shouldn't have the overheating issue the Rezound has, because of the new S4 processor.

Oh, and the camera should be a bit better as well. And it has the Droid branding, which will make Verizon pay attention to it more (maybe...?).

The only doubts I have about this phone are: the screen (Because the official specs say SLCD), and the bezel. I thought the Rezounds screen was a bit too dim and not vibrant enough, but people who have handled the Dinc4G say the screen is on par with the One X's and very bright, which makes me think it's actually an SLCD2. Regardless, if it's anything like the One X's, viewing angles, brightness and color reproduction will be much better. The other issue is the bezel, because there's no point in having a smaller screen if there's a bigger bezel. I'll have to take a look at the phone when it comes out to make a final decision.
    Thanked by 2:
    RyWarrenisit 

I had the Incredible and loved it (other than the battery). I almost upgraded to the Inc2. I then heard an Inc 4GLTE would be coming out. I did a little research. Granted I don't know much about the processors of the phones. The thing that bothered me the most was reading that the front camera was only going to be a VGA camera. That may not matter to many, but it did concern me. I did purchase the Rezound and I think I like it other than the battery life. Why doesn't HTC care that they are known for the worse battery life phones and do something positive about it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

between my sammy and my HTC the batteries are about the same. THe only company that has an exceptional battery is Moto, and that is only really on one phone (for the moment). Moto has all kinds of other issues that would prevent me from getting one...

between my sammy and my HTC the batteries are about the same. THe only company that has an exceptional battery is Moto, and that is only really on one phone (for the moment). Moto has all kinds of other issues that would prevent me from getting one...
    The only reason moto has better battery life is they took a standard razr and put a factory extended battery in it. Then made you buy the phone out right if you already had a standard razr. With most phones like the rezound you can just buy an extended battery without buying a new phone.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

I agree I had nothing but problems when I had my D2G, my girl and other people that had the Droid X also had multiple problems.

Sent from Verizon HTC-R
    All Google.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast