1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Angry Playlists and songs disappearing!! Why??

Why do playlists and songs randomly disappear from my phone???

It's always something with this damn phone! Bad enough Facebook syncing never works! I don't have time for this!

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Default Re: Playlists and songs disappearing!! Why??

Are they stored on your SD card? Sometimes the phone stops recognizing the SD card, and an unmount and mount could fix it. I've had this happen with photos in the past.
    Last edited by jiml; 05-22-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Typo
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

I'll try it out... thanks...

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

One more thing, do this from the software, Menu > Settings > SD & phone storage. You shouldn't have to physically remove and insert the SD card. I never have to get the photos back anyway. If none of that works a restart usually does.
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock

Yeah that's how I did it and it worked... Thanks again...
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by jiml View Post
    Are they stored on your SD card? Sometimes the phone stops recognizing the SD card, and an unmount and mount could fix it. I've had this happen with photos in the past.

Can you tell me what exactly is happening when you unmount the SD card?
    ~Janet~
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

It is like turning the sd card off and then back on.. I would take a guess and say it also clears the cache as well since you are essentially cutting the power to it

Rezound via Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

for me also problem and while playing from playlist song gets strcks often....i dont knw whats happening.....

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    Can you tell me what exactly is happening when you unmount the SD card? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]
    To be honest, I'm not 100% sure. An educated guess though is that it cuts power to the SD card as well as cuts any ties to any file systems / communications to it. Which is why it's the safe way to physically remove them, to avoid any corruption to files or damage to the card.
    Thanked by:
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by jiml View Post
    To be honest, I'm not 100% sure. An educated guess though is that it cuts power to the SD card as well as cuts any ties to any file systems / communications to it. Which is why it's the safe way to physically remove them, to avoid any corruption to files or damage to the card.
    Thank you JimL and Pizzadude.

I was not sure if unmounting it would erase all the data on the card. So, it sounds as if you are saying it makes the removal of the card safer than just pulling it out before unmounting?
    ~Janet~

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    Thank you JimL and Pizzadude.

I was not sure if unmounting it would erase all the data on the card. So, it sounds as if you are saying it makes the removal of the card safer than just pulling it out before unmounting?
    You are correct but to be clear you never want to just take it out without unmounting it first. That could cause damage to the card though on the Rezound you have to take the battery out first so your going to be powered down anyway I suppose. Better to be safe and unmount then power down then remove the card.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
    Thanked by:
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    You are correct but to be clear you never want to just take it out without unmounting it first. That could cause damage to the card though on the Rezound you have to take the battery out first so your going to be powered down anyway I suppose. Better to be safe and unmount then power down then remove the card.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thank you Wanda!
    ~Janet~

I've tried unmounting my SD card, popping it out, and restarting my phone and for some reason when I download songs I am charged for them but they never appear in my song list. It worked for about 4 songs and then just stopped. Any other Ideas as to why this could be happening? Thank you for your insight

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperRez

where are you purchasing the songs? What player are you using?

I know amazon mp3, it will not download the songs to your phone, but stay on the cloud for streaming.

I FOUND A SOLUTION
    i have the exact same problem with my samsung galaxy 3s. the playlists content disapears all the time.
    what helped on my phone was to make a backup on your pc, from the phones and SD-cards memory, then format your phone (both phone card) PROBLEM FIXED. I know it takes some time to restore everything, i recommend that you install "backup and restore" and "playlist backup" on your phone and make a backup on your apps and playlist. good luck

PS. install only the apps that you need (it could be an app that did made the bug)
    PPS. if you can use another music player than the default one, that could also prevent the bug, i am using "Now Playing"

Quote Originally Posted by topdogmsn View Post
    I FOUND A SOLUTION
    i have the exact same problem with my samsung galaxy 3s. the playlists content disapears all the time.
    what helped on my phone was to make a backup on your pc, from the phones and SD-cards memory, then format your phone (both phone card) PROBLEM FIXED. I know it takes some time to restore everything, i recommend that you install "backup and restore" and "playlist backup" on your phone and make a backup on your apps and playlist. good luck

PS. install only the apps that you need (it could be an app that did made the bug)
    PPS. if you can use another music player than the default one, that could also prevent the bug, i am using "Now Playing"
    Thanks BrothA Its Been Messing Up My Bike Rides