Playlists and songs disappearing!! Why??

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Why do playlists and songs randomly disappear from my phone???

It's always something with this damn phone! Bad enough Facebook syncing never works! :mad: I don't have time for this!

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Are they stored on your SD card? Sometimes the phone stops recognizing the SD card, and an unmount and mount could fix it. I've had this happen with photos in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkSeven

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
One more thing, do this from the software, Menu > Settings > SD & phone storage. You shouldn't have to physically remove and insert the SD card. I never have to get the photos back anyway. If none of that works a restart usually does.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Are they stored on your SD card? Sometimes the phone stops recognizing the SD card, and an unmount and mount could fix it. I've had this happen with photos in the past.

Can you tell me what exactly is happening when you unmount the SD card?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It is like turning the sd card off and then back on.. I would take a guess and say it also clears the cache as well since you are essentially cutting the power to it

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

Reactions: skatergirl

foodland

May 22, 2012
Visit site
for me also problem and while playing from playlist song gets strcks often....i dont knw whats happening.....

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Android Central Forums

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Can you tell me what exactly is happening when you unmount the SD card? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure. An educated guess though is that it cuts power to the SD card as well as cuts any ties to any file systems / communications to it. Which is why it's the safe way to physically remove them, to avoid any corruption to files or damage to the card.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I'm not 100% sure. An educated guess though is that it cuts power to the SD card as well as cuts any ties to any file systems / communications to it. Which is why it's the safe way to physically remove them, to avoid any corruption to files or damage to the card.

Thank you JimL and Pizzadude.

I was not sure if unmounting it would erase all the data on the card. So, it sounds as if you are saying it makes the removal of the card safer than just pulling it out before unmounting?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Thank you JimL and Pizzadude.

I was not sure if unmounting it would erase all the data on the card. So, it sounds as if you are saying it makes the removal of the card safer than just pulling it out before unmounting?

You are correct but to be clear you never want to just take it out without unmounting it first. That could cause damage to the card though on the Rezound you have to take the battery out first so your going to be powered down anyway I suppose. Better to be safe and unmount then power down then remove the card.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You are correct but to be clear you never want to just take it out without unmounting it first. That could cause damage to the card though on the Rezound you have to take the battery out first so your going to be powered down anyway I suppose. Better to be safe and unmount then power down then remove the card.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Thank you Wanda!

Neverbetter317

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've tried unmounting my SD card, popping it out, and restarting my phone and for some reason when I download songs I am charged for them but they never appear in my song list. It worked for about 4 songs and then just stopped. Any other Ideas as to why this could be happening? Thank you for your insight :)

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
where are you purchasing the songs? What player are you using?

I know amazon mp3, it will not download the songs to your phone, but stay on the cloud for streaming.

topdogmsn

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I FOUND A SOLUTION
i have the exact same problem with my samsung galaxy 3s. the playlists content disapears all the time.
what helped on my phone was to make a backup on your pc, from the phones and SD-cards memory, then format your phone (both phone card) PROBLEM FIXED. I know it takes some time to restore everything, i recommend that you install "backup and restore" and "playlist backup" on your phone and make a backup on your apps and playlist. good luck

PS. install only the apps that you need (it could be an app that did made the bug)
PPS. if you can use another music player than the default one, that could also prevent the bug, i am using "Now Playing"

MikeyWhtShoes

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I FOUND A SOLUTION
i have the exact same problem with my samsung galaxy 3s. the playlists content disapears all the time.
what helped on my phone was to make a backup on your pc, from the phones and SD-cards memory, then format your phone (both phone card) PROBLEM FIXED. I know it takes some time to restore everything, i recommend that you install "backup and restore" and "playlist backup" on your phone and make a backup on your apps and playlist. good luck

PS. install only the apps that you need (it could be an app that did made the bug)
PPS. if you can use another music player than the default one, that could also prevent the bug, i am using "Now Playing"

Thanks BrothA Its Been Messing Up My Bike Rides

RealT

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
This disappearing play list thing has been a pain in my back for some time but I have stumbled across a resolution.

Once you have your playlist as you want and it on the SD card, move the whole playlist folder from the SD card to the internal storage area. That’s it, every time you see a playlist on the external SD card just move it to the internal storage location. Your music can remain on the external SD card.

This even works with automatic playlists imported from Windows Media Player using that application sync option.

healingrocks

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
thanks, that one works!!! was driving me potty. Every time the battery ran empty, I lost all my playlists from the player, but with the Playlists folder on the phone drive they are all there again :)

Stelcom66

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I know this is an old post, but I unmounted/mounted the SD card and am able to make and retain playlists again. Before doing that the playlist would not appear when syncing to the SD card, but the music files were on the device. Only if I synced to the internal device memory (wouldn't be sufficient for all the files) would the playlist show. Previously - from my notes I did this: "No playlists - when syncing music files would be written to device, were already on SD card. Settings - general - application data - all - music, clear cache." But when I go into Settings - General I no longer see Application Data.

I just noticed the playlists missing today after not turning on the device for about a month. Don't know if it has anything to do with it.

Hanko

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried placing all your single playlist files in a separate folder? Anywhere internally.

Try it. Worked for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith