Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    I'm not doing anything different on my phone. The battery just started getting sucked dry. I checked battery usage and COM.HTC.BG is consuming over 40% of my battery! That's more than the screen! Is it a virus or a setting?? Anyone have any insight? I would prefer not to hard reset, but maybe I should?
  2. #2  
    Cyber Warrior's Avatar
    Robots Will Kill

    Posts
    8,565 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    Could be your Facebook/Twitter notifications running in the background. Open the apps and check to see what the update interval is set to. Those social apps updating every minute will drain the battery REAL quick.
  3. #3  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureGreg View Post
    I'm not doing anything different on my phone. The battery just started getting sucked dry. I checked battery usage and COM.HTC.BG is consuming over 40% of my battery! That's more than the screen! Is it a virus or a setting?? Anyone have any insight? I would prefer not to hard reset, but maybe I should?
    Good ol' Sense integration at it's best. Try turning off facebook/twitter auto-sync. I don't recall either of these apps being updated recently but if you updated either app recently try uninstalling the update and see if that helps. If not maybe clear data on those apps and see if you can't get your battery back.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  4. #4  
    Dovahkiin's Avatar
    One Man Wolfpack

    Posts
    1,002 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    Look at that little green bird at the top, happily sucking on your battery's teet.
    Kill it, kill it and the nest (Sense social apps) it came from.
  5. #5  
    babytazz18's Avatar

    Posts
    126 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    Look at that little green bird at the top, happily sucking on your battery's teet.
    Kill it, kill it and the nest (Sense social apps) it came from.
    LOL!!!!!
    nerds are super heroes too!!!!!
  6. #6  
    babytazz18's Avatar

    Posts
    126 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureGreg View Post
    I'm not doing anything different on my phone. The battery just started getting sucked dry. I checked battery usage and COM.HTC.BG is consuming over 40% of my battery! That's more than the screen! Is it a virus or a setting?? Anyone have any insight? I would prefer not to hard reset, but maybe I should?
    like everyone before me said it looks like its the peep app, which is twitter for htc and facebook that are the culprits. Also i notice that you are signed in to skype mobile, that may also be draining some battery.
    nerds are super heroes too!!!!!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    Could be your Facebook/Twitter notifications running in the background. Open the apps and check to see what the update interval is set to. Those social apps updating every minute will drain the battery REAL quick.
    So, I want to take your advice; but, my phone wont allow me to access "Accounts & Sync." It freezes every time. Does anyone know of a third party app that will allow me to edit my accounts? I believe the phone is trying to sync all my accounts and it's glitching up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!-2012-05-22_14-39-28.jpg  
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    Look at that little green bird at the top, happily sucking on your battery's teet.
    Kill it, kill it and the nest (Sense social apps) it came from.
    You all should note that the icon changes from a facebook icon to flickr icon and so forth. It's not necessarily twitter. It's like my phone doesn't know which icon it should show me.
  9. #9  
    Cyber Warrior's Avatar
    Robots Will Kill

    Posts
    8,565 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureGreg View Post
    So, I want to take your advice; but, my phone wont allow me to access "Accounts & Sync." It freezes every time. Does anyone know of a third party app that will allow me to edit my accounts? I believe the phone is trying to sync all my accounts and it's glitching up!
    If that's the case and you think you're stuck in a sync loop... disable mobile data in the phones settings until you can get things sorted out.

    Was the phone rooted and/or did you restore all your apps back recently from a flash?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    Was the phone rooted and/or did you restore all your apps back recently from a flash?
    It's NOT rooted. I think this started when I added one of my google accounts. Brand new google email address. Thanks so much for the input.
  11. #11  
    bospider01's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    Mine started doing the same thing this week. I had a full battery before I went into the movies to see Avengers and before the movie was even over, my phone buzzed to tell me I had less than 10% battery life and it my phone was really hot. It completely drains the battery at night if not plugged in (had sleep mode set to automatic, now set to manual so I can set the time) and the power mode is on normal.
  12. #12  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    Quote Originally Posted by bospider01 View Post
    Mine started doing the same thing this week. I had a full battery before I went into the movies to see Avengers and before the movie was even over, my phone buzzed to tell me I had less than 10% battery life and it my phone was really hot. It completely drains the battery at night if not plugged in (had sleep mode set to automatic, now set to manual so I can set the time) and the power mode is on normal.
    That's what happens when the video recorder is going the whole time
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    Quote Originally Posted by bospider01 View Post
    Mine started doing the same thing this week. I had a full battery before I went into the movies to see Avengers and before the movie was even over, my phone buzzed to tell me I had less than 10% battery life and it my phone was really hot. It completely drains the battery at night if not plugged in (had sleep mode set to automatic, now set to manual so I can set the time) and the power mode is on normal.
    Let me know if you find any solutions.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureGreg View Post
    It's NOT rooted. I think this started when I added one of my google accounts. Brand new google email address. Thanks so much for the input.
    Are you using gmail, or, HTC's email app? Or, both? And, check your accounts for each of those, if you are using both.

    If you still cannot access your Accounts & Sync, you could try deleting the one of the apps, that have a potential problem acccount. You could restore the app after you get your accounts fixed. NOTE: your data with app will likely get deleted along with the removal of app.

    I would guess deleting Facebook or gmail would be a good choice.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    I would guess deleting Facebook or gmail would be a good choice.
    I think this worked!!! I deleted facebook, gmail, twitter and dropbox and by phone stopped getting hot. One of those must of been stuck in a syncloop. I will mention on here if I'm wrong. Thank you all for your help. It really sucked having my phone plugged in the wall for 2 days!
  16. #16  
    bospider01's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone understand this? Battery lasting 2 hours!

    solution was extended battery.

Posting Permissions

B