Need your input....[made decision]

Which would you recommend?

• Total voters

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
With the coming of an end to Verizon's unlimited plan I face a difficult task of choosing 4g phones for two of my family lines that are currently on 3g unlimited. I would ultimately like to just grab two Rezounds because they work great and I already have 2 of them on other lines. But with the recent price hike on them makes them unaffordable to me. So I've done some research on what's available to me currently and it seems the Droid Charge and Droid Razr are within my budget right now. Don't get me wrong, I would love to wait and get one of the newer phones coming available soon but I'm sure they will be priced out of my budget range also. So my two choices are Charge and Razr. My question to this Rezound community is ...... what are your thoughts on the two phones? Please no flaming on either phone, just your advice please. Each phone has it's positive and negative aspects. Thank you in advance for your input.

Last edited:

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I guess it depends on what is important to you and how they will be used. Are they going to be used a lot? What type of use. More videos, movies or games or primarily phone operations with some internet usage/ social networking?

Are accessories / accessory flexibility important?

Size is important?
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Need your input....

don't get the charge. Razr is an alternative, if you don't care about the hd screen.

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Amazon wireless is supposed to have a sale 50 dollars for the rezound

Last edited:

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Amazon is supposed to have a sale 50 dollars for the rezound

WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!

LOL yes they do have the rezound for 50 bucks if you are getting a new line or adding a line otherwise it's 179.99

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Rezound-A...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1807710

Concerning for the difference between the Razr or Charge I would go with the Razr also but know that My wife has one and the battery has been taking a bit longer to recharge.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Is fondling one an option for you? I absolutely hated the feel of the RAZR in my hand... not saying the Charge is the way to go -- just that the RAZR feels weird.

Nanashi1231

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I did quite a bit of research on the RAZR and Charge, as well as other phones released in that approximate time period, prior to buying my Rezound. Although the Charge is a serviceable device, the RAZR appears to have it beat in battery life, UI performance (unless you're a huge TouchWiz fan), and overall speed. However, I agree that the feel of the phone in hand is important. Definitely try to play with both. Also, it appears that the RAZR has a way better chance of being upgraded to ICS, although there have been some delays on that front. Also, if you or your family members are looking to root and ROM, it might help to visit both phone's forums to see what the development community is like for each. Good luck with your search.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Charge and love it, but only bc it is rooted and I am running a custom ROM that has been phenomenal. The dev community for the charge is dwindling fast, and it will most likely never see ics. If you can wait a month or so, prices on current phones will drop as the new HTC and Samsung phones come out. I would recommend getting a newer device (Rezound or Razr Maxx or gnex if prices drop) and not the Charge.

sent from the future via frozen donkey wheel

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

I have a Charge and love it, but only bc it is rooted and I am running a custom ROM that has been phenomenal. The dev community for the charge is dwindling fast, and it will most likely never see ics. If you can wait a month or so, prices on current phones will drop as the new HTC and Samsung phones come out. I would recommend getting a newer device (Rezound or Razr Maxx or gnex if prices drop) and not the Charge.

sent from the future via frozen donkey wheel

I wish I could wait a month. I don't think it will be long before Verizon puts their new data pricing in place and with that taking away unlimited if you upgrade. So I just needed to find something affordable right now that works well. From what I could tell either the Charge or Razr would fit my pricing needs currently.

I also want to thank everyone who has wieghed in on this. I appreciate your input. :D

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I owned a RAZR for a few months and switched to the Rezound because of battery and the Rezound is easier to hold in my hands. Other than that, the Razr is an excellent phone and superior to the Rezound in a few aspects. The Smart Actions app is really cool and I miss that on this HTC phone. Also, Netflix plays in high definition on the Razr, but not the Rezound.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

I owned a RAZR for a few months and switched to the Rezound because of battery and the Rezound is easier to hold in my hands. Other than that, the Razr is an excellent phone and superior to the Rezound in a few aspects. The Smart Actions app is really cool and I miss that on this HTC phone. Also, Netflix plays in high definition on the Razr, but not the Rezound.

I'm fairly certain you can grab the Netflix HD .apk and install it on the Rezound.
Also, Netflix HD makes no sense on the Razr, because the screen resolution isn't HD in the first place.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
If you could afford irt o would say rezound or the new incredible coming out. Other than that the east is a good devise if you can get past how wide it is and the non removable battery. I can't in good faith recomend a Samsung to anyone for the radio issues they all seem to have alone. I know many will disagree, but they have a long way to go with quality control before I will ever consider owning one

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

I loved my Charge, but I gotta agree with NoYankee on this one. Samsung radios just suck. It is hard for me to not be able to recommend the phone to you.....

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm fairly certain you can grab the Netflix HD .apk and install it on the Rezound.
Also, Netflix HD makes no sense on the Razr, because the screen resolution isn't HD in the first place.

I've discussed this in another thread. The Netflix HD apk doesn't work properly on the Rezound. Several people, including myself, have tried and confirmed that it doesn't work.

And even though the Razr has a qHD resolution, the Netflix videos look significantly better on the Razr than the Rezound. My girlfriend has my old Razr and I've done side by side comparisons. On a phone, a high definition signal shown on a qHD screen looks high definition, even though technically it isn't. Everest Beyond the Limits looks really good on the Razr.

Reactions: jroc

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The Razr has a pretty good radio. It can get 4G LTE in most places my Rezound can. However, the LTE data speeds on the Razr are slightly faster than the Rezound here in Florida.

The RAZR has slightly better voice clarity than the Rezound and a better speaker phone. I was quite impressed with the Razr's speaker phone.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I've discussed this in another thread. The Netflix HD apk doesn't work properly on the Rezound. Several people, including myself, have tried and confirmed that it doesn't work.

And even though the Razr has a qHD resolution, the Netflix videos look significantly better on the Razr than the Rezound. My girlfriend has my old Razr and I've done side by side comparisons. On a phone, a high definition signal shown on a qHD screen looks high definition, even though technically it isn't. Everest Beyond the Limits looks really good on the Razr.

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. Sharpness for holding the phone closer than normal, whites n brightness the Rezound is better.

For viewing movies, playing games...I prefer it alot more on my RAZR. At my normal viewing distance....the Rezound, RAZR and G Nex all look like they have the same screen res.

Part of whats make the RAZR look better to me is the blacks, contrast and I just prefer the colors. Viewing angles go to the RAZR too. That plays a big part using the phone outside or in bright rooms.

This is a no brainer...seems like the RAZR by a landslide...lol. I never used a Charge...but can vouch for the RAZR.

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Need your input....[decided]

Thanks to everyone who chimed in and gave thier input as well as poll voting. I went and bought a Razr for 49.99 at Best Buy and use my phone freedom $50 discount to get this price. They were out all colors except black but I figure I will just put a case on it anyway. So far it seems to be working great. If I end up not liking it I will just pass it on to the kids and just go back to my Rezound. Thanks again!

P.S. if Mods want to close this it would be fine with me, thanks.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
There's a $100 off sale on any Motorola 4G phone. Once you factor in the beloved $30 upgrade fee, you're looking at $130 for Razr/Droid 4/etc.
I'm debating getting the Droid 4 and using my upgrade before Verizon bends us over, but I would bet all of my earnings that a couple of months later there's gonna be the new QWERTY kid around the block and I'll become entirely butthurt about my decision.
Any input welcome, guys.