Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC bluetooth music adapter

For the rezound, how much difference in sound quality will there be between this new dongle, a standard 3.5 mm cable, and a similar (but cheaper) item like a miccus bluebridge, britelink adapter, Belkin, etc. Will the Bluetooth 4 or the aptx on the HTC make a difference with our phone?
    Mr Fix-It

Carrier
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: HTC bluetooth music adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Olskooldad View Post
    For the rezound, how much difference in sound quality will there be between this new dongle, a standard 3.5 mm cable, and a similar (but cheaper) item like a miccus bluebridge, britelink adapter, Belkin, etc. Will the Bluetooth 4 or the aptx on the HTC make a difference with our phone?
    I can't directly answer your question but I can tell you that depending on the target device(bluetooth headphones/car/whatever) your sound can be significantly better/worse than over a standard 3.5mm cable. It depends on what you're pushing the audio to and how it's being processed. Too many variables to call it without first hand experience.

Global Posts
    1,849 Global Posts
    Carrier
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

I'm currently using my stereo which has bluetooth already and the sound is good. I wouldn't say great because my speakers are still stock for a sentra. What would help it become great would be allow beat audio over Bluetooth and of course a amp and better speakers... I love the fact that I do not have to take my phone out of it's case when I get into the car. I just hit play on my Stereo and away it goes. I of course need to make sure the music app is already running along with bluetooth but i do that right after i leave my desk.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Stock Honda, through aux input. Primarily streaming (pandora, Google music, some podcasts, etc). I guess my question is, for about double the price of other Bluetooth options, would the aptx and Bluetooth 4 implementations on the HTC dongle make a significant difference for me?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Britelink Bluetooth Audio Receiver: Portable, Bluetooth Music Receiver with Stereo Output (3.5 mm) for Home and Auto Stereo Systems:Amazon:Electronics

Decided on this, been using it for about 2 weeks, and very pleased. For stock music system without integrated BT, this sounds decent and is well worth avoiding some if the issues with extra wires in the car.