Found this in Costco today

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Heading over to Costco later today. What's inside? How much is it? Is it worth purchasing?

Its 19.99 I didn't get time to read that much but it seems like it has a lot of good how toos tips and things to learn about android and there are are devices from the one x and gnex to the razr and all kinds of phones I might buy it next time I go I was in a hurry
sent via android central forums app

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Its 19.99 I didn't get time to read that much but it seems like it has a lot of good how toos tips and things to learn about android and there are are devices from the one x and gnex to the razr and all kinds of phones I might buy it next time I go I was in a hurry

I don't mean to rain on the book parade or start that whole "the age of print is dead!" stuff, but wouldn't all that information be readily available for free on this very forum?
Side note: I can imagine the casual average Joe contemplating buying a Razr, seeing this book, and going "hell, you need to read all that to work the phone? I'll just get an iPhone."

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Side note: I can imagine the casual average Joe contemplating buying a Razr, seeing this book, and going "hell, you need to read all that to work the phone? I'll just get an iPhone."

Yeah this is why I don't peticularly like books like this but on the flip side... without the knowledge Android can be daunting

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't mean to rain on the book parade or start that whole "the age of print is dead!" stuff, but wouldn't all that information be readily available for free on this very forum?

You make a great point but some people are to lazy to sit down and search for things, they would rather just have it handed to them sadly

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
You make a great point but some people are to lazy to sit down and search for things, they would rather just have it handed to them sadly

The book is a better option for reading on the porcelain throne. Yea, you could use your phone or a tablet, but the book is easier to replace after it's accidentally dropped in. :-\

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
The book is a better option for reading on the porcelain throne. Yea, you could use your phone or a tablet, but the book is easier to replace after it's accidentally dropped in. :-\

Uhh, how are you holding your phone when you're on the toilet? Hell, how are you sitting on it? There's only but so much room for something to fall in while your ass is occupying it near full capacity.
If you dangle it over those muddy waters while you're getting up, well, you deserve what happens to you for endangering $500+ equipment so recklessly.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Just buy the element tablet, it is waterproof and has 4glte. Of course, it uses 700mhz band, which verizon uses, but the element uses the lower end of the band.

It is also only $200 no contract for a refurbished one.

Last edited:

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Have you ever seen one of the iPhone books? War and Peace lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site

Hey i thought you were jumping ship anyway?

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey i thought you were jumping ship anyway?

Doesn't mean I'm done with android for good :p once I get my iPhone I might try and see if someone will trade for their gnex I played with one in Costco and ics is sooo smooth and beautiful ... Maybe I'm undecided if i get bored quickly I will but I wouldn't give up my iPhone for anything but vanilla ics

Last edited: