Rezound making me mad!

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
When I first got this phone I loved it. Up until two days ago I continued to love it. Recently I have had my network turn on and off randomly. Multiple times I've had the screen go all crazy and shut off. I believe I may try a razr maxx. This is just a annoyance.

Just had to rant about it.

D850

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I would get a replacement, mine had similar problems a restart fixed data issue and I had to exchange mine for a warranty replacement because the light sensor was bad my screen would turn on and off during a call and it was impossible to do anything on it while I was on a phone call because the screen kept shutting off. But so far the replacement is working great no issues yet. My first rezound had dead pixels in the screen 2 months after purchase so I got a warranty replacement then the second one had a faulty light sensor so I again got a replacement it seems like something happens every 2-3 months with this phone that warrants a replacement. I like the phone the screen is awesome it is fast but battery life could be better I keep it on 3g only to get the best battery life. I am considering getting the Samsung Galaxy S 3 when it comes out on verizon. Only time will tell if my third rezound will act up in the same 2-3 month time frame like the first 2 rezounds I had. Its a bummer but what can ya do

blackbyrd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I love my rezound. Sorry to hear you folks are having problems. My only gripe is battery life, but I knew that going in. My question is, if you you have a bum unit, why not get it replaced? That's what warranty replacements are for. Keep asking for a new one until they get it right. It shouldn't be long , as you can see, most are satisfied with this phone.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
i would get a replacement, mine had similar problems a restart fixed data issue and i had to exchange mine for a warranty replacement because the light sensor was bad my screen would turn on and off during a call and it was impossible to do anything on it while i was on a phone call because the screen kept shutting off. But so far the replacement is working great no issues yet. my first rezound had dead pixels in the screen 2 months after purchase so i got a warranty replacement then the second one had a faulty light sensor so i again got a replacement it seems like something happens every 2-3 months with this phone that warrants a replacement. I like the phone the screen is awesome it is fast but battery life could be better i keep it on 3g only to get the best battery life. I am considering getting the samsung galaxy s 3 when it comes out on verizon. Only time will tell if my third rezound will act up in the same 2-3 month time frame like the first 2 rezounds i had. Its a bummer but what can ya do

i see dead pixles

TrajDroid

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I constantly have issues with my phone going from wifi/3g/4g but its to late to return. It seems it can't make ups it's mind so it just stays stuck in the middle unless i screw with it...this also causes my battery to drain rapidly when it happens...

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I constantly have issues with my phone going from wifi/3g/4g but its to late to return. It seems it can't make ups it's mind so it just stays stuck in the middle unless i screw with it...this also causes my battery to drain rapidly when it happens...

I never even turn wifi on. I leave mine on LTE/CDMA and stays on 4G all the time (around town), switches once in a while to 3G.

Unlimited data, why even bother with wifi? Downloads on 4G are pretty much the same speed as my 7MB wifi.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
When I first got this phone I loved it. Up until two days ago I continued to love it. Recently I have had my network turn on and off randomly. Multiple times I've had the screen go all crazy and shut off. I believe I may try a razr maxx. This is just a annoyance.

Just had to rant about it.

Maybe you downloaded a new app or even updated a current app that now no longer plays well with your phone? Just a thought.

If you are thinking about going through the hassle of switching phones, you might want to just try a factory reset first.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I never even turn wifi on. I leave mine on LTE/CDMA and stays on 4G all the time (around town), switches once in a while to 3G.

Unlimited data, why even bother with wifi? Downloads on 4G are pretty much the same speed as my 7MB wifi.

4G drains the battery more.

Maybe you downloaded a new app or even updated a current app that now no longer plays well with your phone? Just a thought.

If you are thinking about going through the hassle of switching phones, you might want to just try a factory reset first.

Good advice right here.

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

I did I factory rest twice. Also everyday my contacts somehow unlink each other. I will get a replacement phone. I do love this phone just tired of what's going on. Plus I've spent to much money with Otterbox and other covers. Lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I did I factory rest twice. Also everyday my contacts somehow unlink each other. I will get a replacement phone. I do love this phone just tired of what's going on. Plus I've spent to much money with Otterbox and other covers. Lol

Well, that stinks that the factory reset didn't work. I have heard that there is the basic factory reset from the settings menu and a really hard factory reset that is done through the volume rocker. I don't remember how that is done, but someone here I am sure does. That being said, you may have already done this and it still not work :(

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

It will switch between 3g/4g/1x as 4g and 3g are available. Nothing you can do about that on any phone.

Next time the WiFi shows up check the box that says "do not automatically turn on WiFi" and it won't try to turn on unless you tell it to.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, that stinks that the factory reset didn't work. I have heard that there is the basic factory reset from the settings menu and a really hard factory reset that is done through the volume rocker. I don't remember how that is done, but someone here I am sure does. That being said, you may have already done this and it still not work :(

Yeah I know what you're talking about. But haven't done it. Thought it was the same.

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
It will switch between 3g/4g/1x as 4g and 3g are available. Nothing you can do about that on any phone.

Next time the WiFi shows up check the box that says "do not automatically turn on WiFi" and it won't try to turn on unless you tell it to.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

I know that it does that. But what I'm saying is it checks and uncheck itself. I have to go in and check it sometimes BC it is uncheck.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

It may just be your area and Verizon's sucky network. I've had the random network drops here, but I've had them on every 4G phone I've tried. It's pretty much the poor quality of the network here, hopefully the 4G upgrade will straighten that out.

moke

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
if it is less than 1 year since you bought it, you know you have the manufacturer's warranty to cover you.

tec (total equipment coverage) will allow you to return any non water damaged unit whenever you want...but then i get that at a discount.

i am currently out of contract, on an og droid, and thinking casually of a rezound. g nex sound/speakers were abysmal disappointments.

razr maxx employee edition is resetting on it's own and not worth motorola's heritage of good speakers from a company tat started out making motor victrolas for them horseless carriages.

i hope they get back to form.

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
It may just be your area and Verizon's sucky network. I've had the random network drops here, but I've had them on every 4G phone I've tried. It's pretty much the poor quality of the network here, hopefully the 4G upgrade will straighten that out.

It's not the service. It's turning off like as if juice defender is on our something. If it was the service it would still kick in to 3G.

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
My Rezound died a couple days ago. It stayed stuck at the HTC boot screen and did nothing. Factory reset did nothing. I tried everything. It would stay on the boot screen until I did a battery pull. It basically become a door stop. Got my replacement Rezound yesterday and so far so good. Still customizing it, but no issues so far. Never considered a different phone cause I love everything about the Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
My Rezound died a couple days ago. It stayed stuck at the HTC boot screen and did nothing. Factory reset did nothing. I tried everything. It would stay on the boot screen until I did a battery pull. It basically become a door stop. Got my replacement Rezound yesterday and so far so good. Still customizing it, but no issues so far. Never considered a different phone cause I love everything about the Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I love the rezound a well. Just never had any problem out of my dx. It lasted me the whole two year. but the past two days it has been rather well. So we'll see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol