Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rezound making me mad!

When I first got this phone I loved it. Up until two days ago I continued to love it. Recently I have had my network turn on and off randomly. Multiple times I've had the screen go all crazy and shut off. I believe I may try a razr maxx. This is just a annoyance.

Just had to rant about it.

Default Re: Rezound making me mad!

I would get a replacement, mine had similar problems a restart fixed data issue and I had to exchange mine for a warranty replacement because the light sensor was bad my screen would turn on and off during a call and it was impossible to do anything on it while I was on a phone call because the screen kept shutting off. But so far the replacement is working great no issues yet. My first rezound had dead pixels in the screen 2 months after purchase so I got a warranty replacement then the second one had a faulty light sensor so I again got a replacement it seems like something happens every 2-3 months with this phone that warrants a replacement. I like the phone the screen is awesome it is fast but battery life could be better I keep it on 3g only to get the best battery life. I am considering getting the Samsung Galaxy S 3 when it comes out on verizon. Only time will tell if my third rezound will act up in the same 2-3 month time frame like the first 2 rezounds I had. Its a bummer but what can ya do

I love my rezound. Sorry to hear you folks are having problems. My only gripe is battery life, but I knew that going in. My question is, if you you have a bum unit, why not get it replaced? That's what warranty replacements are for. Keep asking for a new one until they get it right. It shouldn't be long , as you can see, most are satisfied with this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by d850 View Post
    i would get a replacement, mine had similar problems a restart fixed data issue and i had to exchange mine for a warranty replacement because the light sensor was bad my screen would turn on and off during a call and it was impossible to do anything on it while i was on a phone call because the screen kept shutting off. But so far the replacement is working great no issues yet. my first rezound had dead pixels in the screen 2 months after purchase so i got a warranty replacement then the second one had a faulty light sensor so i again got a replacement it seems like something happens every 2-3 months with this phone that warrants a replacement. I like the phone the screen is awesome it is fast but battery life could be better i keep it on 3g only to get the best battery life. I am considering getting the samsung galaxy s 3 when it comes out on verizon. Only time will tell if my third rezound will act up in the same 2-3 month time frame like the first 2 rezounds i had. Its a bummer but what can ya do
    i see dead pixles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rezound making me mad!-i_see_dead_people.jpg  

I constantly have issues with my phone going from wifi/3g/4g but its to late to return. It seems it can't make ups it's mind so it just stays stuck in the middle unless i screw with it...this also causes my battery to drain rapidly when it happens...

Quote Originally Posted by TrajDroid View Post
    I constantly have issues with my phone going from wifi/3g/4g but its to late to return. It seems it can't make ups it's mind so it just stays stuck in the middle unless i screw with it...this also causes my battery to drain rapidly when it happens...
    I never even turn wifi on. I leave mine on LTE/CDMA and stays on 4G all the time (around town), switches once in a while to 3G.

Unlimited data, why even bother with wifi? Downloads on 4G are pretty much the same speed as my 7MB wifi.
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by b_leonard View Post
    When I first got this phone I loved it. Up until two days ago I continued to love it. Recently I have had my network turn on and off randomly. Multiple times I've had the screen go all crazy and shut off. I believe I may try a razr maxx. This is just a annoyance.

Just had to rant about it.
    Maybe you downloaded a new app or even updated a current app that now no longer plays well with your phone? Just a thought.

If you are thinking about going through the hassle of switching phones, you might want to just try a factory reset first.
    ~Janet~

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
    I never even turn wifi on. I leave mine on LTE/CDMA and stays on 4G all the time (around town), switches once in a while to 3G.

Unlimited data, why even bother with wifi? Downloads on 4G are pretty much the same speed as my 7MB wifi.
    4G drains the battery more.

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    Maybe you downloaded a new app or even updated a current app that now no longer plays well with your phone? Just a thought.

If you are thinking about going through the hassle of switching phones, you might want to just try a factory reset first.
    Good advice right here.
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I did I factory rest twice. Also everyday my contacts somehow unlink each other. I will get a replacement phone. I do love this phone just tired of what's going on. Plus I've spent to much money with Otterbox and other covers. Lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    Lovin' My Phone

I did I factory rest twice. Also everyday my contacts somehow unlink each other. I will get a replacement phone. I do love this phone just tired of what's going on. Plus I've spent to much money with Otterbox and other covers. Lol

Well, that stinks that the factory reset didn't work. I have heard that there is the basic factory reset from the settings menu and a really hard factory reset that is done through the volume rocker. I don't remember how that is done, but someone here I am sure does. That being said, you may have already done this and it still not work
    ~Janet~

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by TrajDroid View Post
    It will switch between 3g/4g/1x as 4g and 3g are available. Nothing you can do about that on any phone.

Next time the WiFi shows up check the box that says "do not automatically turn on WiFi" and it won't try to turn on unless you tell it to.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Well, that stinks that the factory reset didn't work. I have heard that there is the basic factory reset from the settings menu and a really hard factory reset that is done through the volume rocker. I don't remember how that is done, but someone here I am sure does. That being said, you may have already done this and it still not work
    Yeah I know what you're talking about. But haven't done it. Thought it was the same.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    It will switch between 3g/4g/1x as 4g and 3g are available. Nothing you can do about that on any phone.

Next time the WiFi shows up check the box that says "do not automatically turn on WiFi" and it won't try to turn on unless you tell it to.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    I know that it does that. But what I'm saying is it checks and uncheck itself. I have to go in and check it sometimes BC it is uncheck.

Quote Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
    I use wifi at home to save spectrum for other people.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

It may just be your area and Verizon's sucky network. I've had the random network drops here, but I've had them on every 4G phone I've tried. It's pretty much the poor quality of the network here, hopefully the 4G upgrade will straighten that out.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

if it is less than 1 year since you bought it, you know you have the manufacturer's warranty to cover you.

tec (total equipment coverage) will allow you to return any non water damaged unit whenever you want...but then i get that at a discount.

i am currently out of contract, on an og droid, and thinking casually of a rezound. g nex sound/speakers were abysmal disappointments.

razr maxx employee edition is resetting on it's own and not worth motorola's heritage of good speakers from a company tat started out making motor victrolas for them horseless carriages.

i hope they get back to form.
    "Never trust a computer you cannot throw out a window." S.W.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by cmandd View Post
    It may just be your area and Verizon's sucky network. I've had the random network drops here, but I've had them on every 4G phone I've tried. It's pretty much the poor quality of the network here, hopefully the 4G upgrade will straighten that out.
    It's not the service. It's turning off like as if juice defender is on our something. If it was the service it would still kick in to 3G.

My Rezound died a couple days ago. It stayed stuck at the HTC boot screen and did nothing. Factory reset did nothing. I tried everything. It would stay on the boot screen until I did a battery pull. It basically become a door stop. Got my replacement Rezound yesterday and so far so good. Still customizing it, but no issues so far. Never considered a different phone cause I love everything about the Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by Paradocks View Post
    My Rezound died a couple days ago. It stayed stuck at the HTC boot screen and did nothing. Factory reset did nothing. I tried everything. It would stay on the boot screen until I did a battery pull. It basically become a door stop. Got my replacement Rezound yesterday and so far so good. Still customizing it, but no issues so far. Never considered a different phone cause I love everything about the Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I love the rezound a well. Just never had any problem out of my dx. It lasted me the whole two year. but the past two days it has been rather well. So we'll see.

I love my LG Optimus V!!!

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by zonster9 View Post

Alright, I'll be honest. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with a smart comment, or something funny and original. So I'll just go with the tried and true for this one.

Cool story bro
    babytazz18 likes this.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by zonster9 View Post

My daughter has the Optimus T. I offered to upgrade her and she said I could when I pried the Optimus from her cold dead hands. I don't see what she does in that tiny phone ... maybe LG hid trace amounts of drugs in it.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    Alright, I'll be honest. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with a smart comment, or something funny and original. So I'll just go with the tried and true for this one.

Cool story bro
    Classic!!!!
    nerds are super heroes too!!!!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

my only issue so far with the ReZound is that it would not find itself home after a night of heavy drinking. I showed that stupid CLN, I got a new one WITH Beats headphones.

Even better, I had my 32 GB card at home (I forget why) but it made off with NOTHING, NOTHING I tell you...

And it needs to play beats audio for everything!!!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast