It's June. ICS any day now!

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Or any week now. Or any month now. As long as they stay true to the June-July schedule with the potential 45 day rollout. Otherwise it could be any year now. :)

Sent from my Rezound

joedirt2217

May 19, 2010
Visit site
The first thing I did this morning was checked my settings for an update and checked the Rezound support page lol, it was worth a shot... Here's to hoping it will roll out within the next few days!

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
This sucks being the best phone on Verizon but receiving ICS last. Yep, I can remember like it was yesterday being told that the ICS update was just a few weeks maybe days away. The store manager swore that the Rezound would get ICS first. I always root and flash custom rom right away but I have been waiting for the update first. Still very happy with this phone, strongest signal, great screen and the GPS is fast. Everything just works.

Rezound via Tapatalk 2.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
This sucks being the best phone on Verizon but receiving ICS last.

In some sad, demented twist of fate, we're also getting the worst version of ICS.
Have you seen it? It looks like Gingerbread. It feels like someone's holding a gun to my head while I type this, but...Motorola has a superior software update coming in the next few months.

Reactions: chevyman29

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
In some sad, demented twist of fate, we're also getting the worst version of ICS.
Have you seen it? It looks like Gingerbread. It feels like someone's holding a gun to my head while I type this, but...Motorola has a superior software update coming in the next few months.

You know what the cure for that is right..?? Load the 605.5 leak, unlock, drop one of the very loverly (yes that's spelled right) Rezound ROMs on your phone and forget that you were ever on anything other than ICS

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
You know what the cure for that is right..?? Load the 605.5 leak, unlock, drop one of the very loverly (yes that's spelled right) Rezound ROMs on your phone and forget that you were ever on anything other than ICS

This is true, doctor. But what of the purists out there? They be too afraid to root and ROM.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Then they have made their choice. :cool:

Haha, good way to end that mini-forum movie scene. I suppose you're right.
It's a shame that HTC won't adopt the stock look, but I guess there's something to be said for differentiating yourself from the competition.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Haha, good way to end that mini-forum movie scene. I suppose you're right.
It's a shame that HTC won't adopt the stock look, but I guess there's something to be said for differentiating yourself from the competition.

To me they have. With some of the best hardware in the biz, they have a distinct advantage over their competitors. To me, the main detraction could be Sense. Especially to people like me where all that extra stuff amounts to junk cluttering up the screen. I prefer clean and snappy and Sense has never been either(until the Rezound). So if the software layer were an even playing field, and we had low -> mid -> high end Android devices, I think more people would be more loyal to a single brand..and that would probably be HTC considering they have better hardware.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
To me they have. With some of the best hardware in the biz, they have a distinct advantage over their competitors. To me, the main detraction could be Sense. Especially to people like me where all that extra stuff amounts to junk cluttering up the screen. I prefer clean and snappy and Sense has never been either(until the Rezound). So if the software layer were an even playing field, and we had low -> mid -> high end Android devices, I think more people would be more loyal to a single brand..and that would probably be HTC considering they have better hardware.

I agree with you. It sucks that some of the main hardware questions always seem to be "how many gigs does this have?" or "how fast is this phone?" Whatever answers you give, they won't do justice to what the Rezound offers.
The software though, it needs work. I wonder how many people just don't mind Sense, and how many people actually, truly like it.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you. It sucks that some of the main hardware questions always seem to be "how many gigs does this have?" or "how fast is this phone?" Whatever answers you give, they won't do justice to what the Rezound offers.
The software though, it needs work. I wonder how many people just don't mind Sense, and how many people actually, truly like it.

I asked a similar question before and there were a lot of actually true likes. I'm in the "I don't mind it but will get rid of it the first chance I get" camp.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I asked a similar question before and there were a lot of actually true likes. I'm in the "I don't mind it but will get rid of it the first chance I get" camp.

We're campmates. Also, you turned coat, but we forgive you. Secretly, I'm turning coat as well.

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I remember that, I was one of the likes. I mean Sense just makes it easier to customize how your phone looks for some people, and that's why they like it versus something like touchwiz. When I look for my next phone I always consider what's out, what's coming soon and then I look at what htc has out or coming soon and put all other high end phones up against the latest htc device on Verizon. I like the more recent phones that samsung have come out with but I personally dont care for touchwiz. So I guess i'm a bit more loyal to htc than other manufacturers.

On a side note, I would like it if verizon really gave people an amazing htc device like they did with the rezound instead of always passing up on the best htc device and giving us the sticky stuff off the bottom of the barrell.

nrage23

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Get S-off and flash Newtoroot's newest Sense 4.0 rom from themikmik site. It is the best rom yet for the Rezound. Sense 4.0 is much better than any previous version.

PdjMwj

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
If you have installed ICS already, do you think the Rezound will still be updatable when the ICS update comes out?

I think I read that it would not update. Just curious.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm back to stock on a refurbed Rez for a few days. Maybe even a few weeks if some credible ICS rumors pop up. GB under the 3.5 UI isn't half as annoying as it was to me when I first picked the phone up, for some reason. I actually forgot how uncharacteristically smooth it already was but ICS is clearly the better output that Googles inserted into the world of Android.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
If you have installed ICS already, do you think the Rezound will still be updatable when the ICS update comes out?

I think I read that it would not update. Just curious.

I would say no. But why would anyone trust anything Verizon puts out anyway..?? Have we already forgotten the VLA that plagued the Rezound's first OTA?

PdjMwj

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
What is the best ICS install for Rezound? Not sure I like the version I installed. What I want is to get rid of all the Verzion bloatware, this on still has it all.

I have HTC Rezound 3.14.605.5 Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 Firmware

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I would say no. But why would anyone trust anything Verizon puts out anyway..?? Have we already forgotten the VLA that plagued the Rezound's first OTA?

I've been using a stock refurb for a day now and I'm very unconvinced that app is problematic with battery life. I'm not fond of much of the VZ bloat but that VLA service is not some untamed beast running amok on battery juice that I've seen many complain about. I think it's purely psychosomatic b/c it's associated to everyone as bloatware. If you don't allow it to be an active process, even though it's always open, it's completely idle in memory. Only time it takes up any ram whatsoever when inactive is if you fc and it auto. restarts.