It's June. ICS any day now!
06-08-2012 02:49 PM
- This sucks being the best phone on Verizon but receiving ICS last. Yep, I can remember like it was yesterday being told that the ICS update was just a few weeks maybe days away. The store manager swore that the Rezound would get ICS first. I always root and flash custom rom right away but I have been waiting for the update first. Still very happy with this phone, strongest signal, great screen and the GPS is fast. Everything just works.
Rezound via Tapatalk 2.06-01-2012 06:53 AM
Have you seen it? It looks like Gingerbread. It feels like someone's holding a gun to my head while I type this, but...Motorola has a superior software update coming in the next few months.06-01-2012 08:06 AM
- In some sad, demented twist of fate, we're also getting the worst version of ICS.
Have you seen it? It looks like Gingerbread. It feels like someone's holding a gun to my head while I type this, but...Motorola has a superior software update coming in the next few months.06-01-2012 08:12 AM
- 06-01-2012 08:16 AM
- 06-01-2012 08:24 AM
- 06-01-2012 08:29 AM
- To me they have. With some of the best hardware in the biz, they have a distinct advantage over their competitors. To me, the main detraction could be Sense. Especially to people like me where all that extra stuff amounts to junk cluttering up the screen. I prefer clean and snappy and Sense has never been either(until the Rezound). So if the software layer were an even playing field, and we had low -> mid -> high end Android devices, I think more people would be more loyal to a single brand..and that would probably be HTC considering they have better hardware.
The software though, it needs work. I wonder how many people just don't mind Sense, and how many people actually, truly like it.06-01-2012 08:39 AM
- I agree with you. It sucks that some of the main hardware questions always seem to be "how many gigs does this have?" or "how fast is this phone?" Whatever answers you give, they won't do justice to what the Rezound offers.
The software though, it needs work. I wonder how many people just don't mind Sense, and how many people actually, truly like it.06-01-2012 08:42 AM
- 06-01-2012 08:56 AM
On a side note, I would like it if verizon really gave people an amazing htc device like they did with the rezound instead of always passing up on the best htc device and giving us the sticky stuff off the bottom of the barrell.06-01-2012 09:21 AM
- I'm back to stock on a refurbed Rez for a few days. Maybe even a few weeks if some credible ICS rumors pop up. GB under the 3.5 UI isn't half as annoying as it was to me when I first picked the phone up, for some reason. I actually forgot how uncharacteristically smooth it already was but ICS is clearly the better output that Googles inserted into the world of Android.06-01-2012 11:19 AM
- 06-01-2012 11:33 AM
- 06-01-2012 11:46 AM
The good news - you can disable the bloatware and it is as good as gone. It will no longer run in the background or even show up in your app tray. No Fuss, no muss.06-01-2012 12:05 PM
Would it be easy to point me at how to disable apps like Blockbuster and Slacker. They are running all the time, not sure what they do or if they hurt.06-01-2012 12:10 PM
- 06-01-2012 12:11 PM
- 06-01-2012 12:25 PMLike 2
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Rezound
It's June. ICS any day now!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD