auto bright or not? i keep mine on about 25%, no auto bright. What do folks here keep their settings on and why?
    06-04-2012 09:11 AM
    I'm on 100% brightness all day...just easier to see and you don't need to wait for it to increase the brightness on a blindingly bright day.
    06-04-2012 09:25 AM
    I'm on 100% brightness all day...just easier to see and you don't need to wait for it to increase the brightness on a blindingly bright day.
    how is your battery life?
    06-04-2012 09:29 AM
    It was just as horrible as usual. LoL. I didn't notice a difference between auto-brightness and fixed at 100%
    06-04-2012 09:31 AM
    i keep it on auto bright all day and it works out well.

once it gets to be dusk out i use a widget called Q Bright to lower the screen down to 20-25% or if i am at a bar or restaurant at night i also put it down to about 20% for the rest of the night. if i am in bed reading i lower it to 12% or as low as 5%.
    06-04-2012 11:22 AM
    It was just as horrible as usual. LoL. I didn't notice a difference between auto-brightness and fixed at 100%
    You might not have noticed, but there is a difference. Check this out:

Dim at 28% time used 17% of the battery, while Bright at 10% time use 18% of battery.

Anyway, I tend to use the auto brightness. I save hours of battery opposed to full brightness.
    06-04-2012 01:42 PM
    Nope never noticed and it looks like your battery is about dead lol. My 4G abuse does much more damage to my battery, but that's a great screen. I'm assuming power -> click on screen
    06-04-2012 02:34 PM
    Nope never noticed and it looks like your battery is about dead lol. My 4G abuse does much more damage to my battery, but that's a great screen. I'm assuming power -> click on screen
    Here's a man who uses his phone as he pleases, battery life be damned.
    I wish I could be this way, but for some reason I'm stuck treating batteries like a precious resource on everything I use.
    babytazz18 likes this.
    06-04-2012 02:53 PM
    Haha, it was getting there, but 20% on the extended battery will go a good bit still. Power + home button, is that what you mean?

Sent from my HTC Rezound.
    06-04-2012 06:35 PM
    I agree with Mr. Smith full bright ever since I bought my first smartphone. To hell with battery life. That is the same reason I buy an extended battery, so I do not have to worry about it so much. Full bright, always 4g (even when home with WiFi).
    06-04-2012 06:51 PM
    Auto brightness here..the phone seems to do a good job regulating what it needs..better than the Droid 2 I had anyway. I will say that I never left the latter on auto because unlike the Rez, I definitely noticed an increase in power consumption on the D2 if brightness would be way up.
    06-05-2012 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD