1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Connect to my home sever

Hi All,

Quick question, are there any apps I can use that will let me conntect to my home server with my Rezounds? I'm using a HP Home media Vault MV5100 (or 5120, I forget). I looked around and did not find much, so I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas.

Thanks!

Default Re: Connect to my home sever

The Total Commander file manager has a LAN plugin which will allow you to access any machines on the LAN. I use it to access both the WHS V1 and WHS 2011 machines on my LAN.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Question Re: Connect to my home sever

Thanks. I should have been a littler clear. I can access the server from my LAN while home. I was actually looking to be able to access the server from my phone while away from the local LAN. Would there be an app that allows me to do that? I know the Moto has an app to do it, but it only works with their phones. (Unless I'm misunderstanding you.)
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

What are you trying to connect for files or media? For either the answer really isn't an app, it's a hole in your firewall. I use twonky media server on my NAS and a few holes later I can browse my local NAS for files or stream media via twonky.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks. I will give that a try.