Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Connect to my home sever

Hi All,

Quick question, are there any apps I can use that will let me conntect to my home server with my Rezounds? I'm using a HP Home media Vault MV5100 (or 5120, I forget). I looked around and did not find much, so I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas.

Thanks!

Default Re: Connect to my home sever

The Total Commander file manager has a LAN plugin which will allow you to access any machines on the LAN. I use it to access both the WHS V1 and WHS 2011 machines on my LAN.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Question Re: Connect to my home sever

Thanks. I should have been a littler clear. I can access the server from my LAN while home. I was actually looking to be able to access the server from my phone while away from the local LAN. Would there be an app that allows me to do that? I know the Moto has an app to do it, but it only works with their phones. (Unless I'm misunderstanding you.)
    Mr Fix-It

Carrier
    Stock Rooted

What are you trying to connect for files or media? For either the answer really isn't an app, it's a hole in your firewall. I use twonky media server on my NAS and a few holes later I can browse my local NAS for files or stream media via twonky.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks. I will give that a try.