Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default what browsers do folks use here and why?

i see that there are numerous browsers available in the market.

what do folks here use and why?

I use dolphin hd and i don't think it is bad but then again i don't surf the net much with it, most places i go or things i do have an app available.

Carrier
    To embarrassed to say

Default Re: browsers

If you loaded a ics Rom, try ics+ browser. Make sure to turn on quick controls under labs on the settings menu. You'll wonder why you've never used them before.

On my old, stock Droid Incredible, I couldn't live without Dolphin. On this stock Rezound, though, I am happiest with the stock browser. Haven't even considered loading Dolphin on this phone.

I've tried Firefox Beta - not bad. Only thing I don't like is that I can't - or haven't yet figured out how to - change the user agent to switch between mobile and desktop sites.

Looking forward to trying Chrome once we get ICS; although, I hear some complaints about it being kinda slow.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    leozdad likes this.

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts

Boat after going through all the major players. Best designed interface imo.

Sent from my hooka via hash cloud.

i like using dolphin.

Chrome Beta. I like being able to sync my bookmarks from my laptop to my phone. And opening tabs from my computer on my phone also.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

I also use dolphin hd. It's pretty good and just as fast as the stock browser

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

The more they update it, the less i like Dolphin.

i like dolphin HD. actually one of the updates fixed a big problem i had - to swipe to one side to get the bookmarks and to the other for options. it was oversensitive. they updated it to fix that and it works swimmingly.

still fast. ill probably try out chrome though, as i love it for desktop use. syncing stuff is awesome.

Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by idiotekniques View Post
    i like dolphin HD. actually one of the updates fixed a big problem i had - to swipe to one side to get the bookmarks and to the other for options. it was oversensitive. they updated it to fix that and it works swimmingly.
    Actually, I hated that update. Made it too hard to swipe bookmarks open. Should have given a sensitivity adjustment instead.
    Also hate that they took the "reload" button out of the bottom bar, forcing a reach to the top.