Phone stuck on reboot

mcgowane79

May 31, 2011
Visit site
This morning my wife woke up to find her rezound with out any data so she decided to reboot it well now it just reboots over and over again. Her phone is not rooted. Any ideas out there?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: ShadowCatcher

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Your going to have to first turn the phone off. I have had this happen a few times and had to do a hard reset each time. I think you can just do a SIM pull, boot it, let it load, undo the battery, put the SIM back in, and leave the back cover off.

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
My 'Zound just got stuck in a bootloop this morning. I had turned off 4G when I knew I wouldn't have it available yesterday afternoon. This morning the phone was haqving trouble syncing so I did a restart and it went into bootloop. I tried a battery pull, followed by battery and sim pull - nothing helped. It would only get as far as the home screen loading - and I could unlock it for just a moment - before it would shut down/restart.

A quick search found this thread. I thought I would have to do a hard reset but found the post by qschilling (#3 in http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-rezound/139235-boot-loop.html) - thank you, Wanda for the link in your post - and followed those instructions. It took a couple of more restarts, but my Rezound is now back in operation (and will stay in 4G even when I'm not in a 4G area...).

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
There needs to be a "Boot Loop" sticky in this forum. Too many folks have done a factory reset, losing all of their data and apps when it is not necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae